• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your life based on?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Do you live life by the answers (without need to know why/how/when/etc)?

Something like that, I think. My life is based on what I call the basic tenants of Hinduism: dharma, artha, kāma, and mokṣa. As well, I tend to like the teachings and examples of the 10 Nānaks or Gurūs, which I should get more serious about. While I try to base my life on those things, my life is also based very much on my own desires and delusions.

Segev Moran

No right or wrong answer.
No answer is black or white.

Do you live life by the questions (without need for direction/vision/trajectory/etc)?

Its a combination of both.
Some people are asking more questions.
Some people are working more to get answers.

Myself, I would say, I work hard to get answers but I have much more questions than answers.
The questions, are based on my questions.
So it seems like questions drive my way of thought.
The more answers I have, though, The better I adjust my life and more questions can be asked.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Do you live life by the questions (without need for direction/vision/trajectory/etc)?

Lot of questions, and lot of answers. Yet I think these answers go back to one single fundamental answer.

Strange question and one to ponder over.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

By the words that come to mind, I'd have to say that I live by questions.
The pillars to my life are:
  • Serenity - remembering that life is not a race, that there is nowhere that I need to be and that there is no such thing as "waste of time".
  • Curiosity - maintaining a child's fascination with what is encountered; wanting to understand for sake of understanding alone.
  • Attentiveness - being present and alert to what I encounter; taking in as much as possible and acknowledging the importance of those I come across.
  • Interpretation - remembering that all that is experienced is processed and interpreted; taking conscious responsibility for the interpretations that I make.

Humbly
Hermit

A Vestigial Mote

My state of living is due to the colony of living cells that have been procured and produced to sustain my consciousness and ongoing bodily function.

My "life" (the abstract concept I think you are targeting more) is based on working to sustain a level of comfort for myself and my family. I don't strive for some other person's idea of "greatness," and am able to accept that it is pretty great just to start each day, figure out how to provide for mine and my family's needs as best I can, and end each day alive and well. That's pretty damn great if you ask me.

I do very much enjoy the back and forth of question and answer, revelation of information and amassing of ideas - but I don't "base my life" on it. I can't. Oxygen, water, food and shelter are too important - so those very much come first. Everything else is just a bonus.

firedragon

Veteran Member
To immense pressure and heat due to gravitation. Gravitation is caused by mass. Many stars have lots and lots of that.

Mate. Hoyles initial theory was that through gradational or if you like, gradual gathering of additional matter or accretion of nucleons was the process. He found that the beryllium and Helium fusion would only take place if a higher state of the carbon atom existed. That blew a lot of previous ideas in his face. But that was the initial finding of his.

You seem to have a lot of faith in something and you make theories into facts in your belief system. Then you are speaking of fusion being a cause and pressure and heat mass and stars having lots of it etc etc for which I dont understand why. Not necessary.