• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your Last Name/Surname and what is its Origin?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My last name was made up by my great grandfather during WW1.
German names were problematic at the time.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My current family name on my ID is Ramadan, which is the month of Ramadan. It was the name of my great great grandfather and was used when our kingdom was unified under the current Saudi Arabia and the Saudi nationality came to existence.

My real last name however is Al-Qurashi. It is the same last name of the prophet Muhammad.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Whats your Last Name/Surname and what is its origin?

The meaning of mine depends on where my family comes from. It could mean living near a bog or heathy mountain; a large, noble, or stately man; a man with dark skin; a person who worked near boats; or an ocean or coastal district.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine is an Italian/Sicilian variant on an old Norman, and I do mean old... ca. 1066 CE name having to do with stewardship. The name was a sobriquet for a knight who fought along with William the Conqueror. The sobriquet became a surname, as many do. This further supports my theory that, based on physical attributes, my ancestors did not originate in the Mediterranean area, but rather, in northern Europe. In which case, this makes me the world's shortest Viking. :rolleyes:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If someone with ill-intent wants to find out who you are, they will. If they have such ill-intent, they probably have the computer skills to find out who you are anyway. Personal experience (as in me being the target).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just made some credit card donations & purchases from C Cypher's accounts:
- NRA
- Cato Institute
- The Men's Rights Institute
- The Libertarian Party
- Atheists A Gogo
- Date-A-Neckbeard

You might be miffed right now, but you'll thank me when you meet the weirdly bearded geek of your dreams.