• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Your Gospel?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It seems to me that most people have some sort of spiritual gospel in some way. Yes, the Christians popularized it with the advent of Jesus, but every religion (and some irreligions) provoke some sort of good news to their adherents.
Share your gospel (good news) with us below.
My belief does not give any false news, it stresses on facts.
And it says there is no proof of existence of God or soul, heaven or hell, rebirth or resurrection, judgment or deliverance, prophets or messengers.
My good news is that we can be one with I Am/Brahman.
You already are, if you would realize.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That I have a mind that can see "good news" and just jump to Prince John in Robinhood Men in Tights going "this is terrible news!":laughing:

Colt

My Gospel is the pre-cross Gospel of Jesus: "That which the world needs most to know is: Men are the sons of God, and through faith they can actually realize, and daily experience, this ennobling truth."

The Gospel of Jesus was for ALL mankind, not an especially favored nation or race.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By Gospel I simply mean "good news", I am not specifically referring to the gospels in the Bible.

It seems to me that most people have some sort of spiritual gospel in some way. Yes, the Christians popularized it with the advent of Jesus, but every religion (and some irreligions) provoke some sort of good news to their adherents.

My gospel, and probably the gospel of most syntheists, is that God is being created right now from our attempt to anthropomorphize nature. The future is vague but I do see one in which the best outcomes for the most amount of people, and after many years of oblivion there will be a resurrection of all 72 billion dead people that have existed. At first they will most likely exist as avatars of a digitized simulation of themselves, but nonetheless will come into a much greater form later. At the very end all ten dimensions will become a Synverse and we will become the masters of creation itself. Imagine being able to invent alternate universes just by thinking of it. There is magic involved within our technology that most people cannot begin to imagine yet. We are taking small but directed steps into creating the best this Universe (or others) has yet to offer.

Share your gospel (good news) with us below.
2400 years ago the Greek painter Parrhasios, having told us how superior his works were, added, "but there's no human work you can't find fault with".

So when I nominate Wikipedia as the gospel I most often turn to, I add that it too is only pretty dang good, not perfect.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The Gospel of Jesus was for ALL mankind, not an especially favored nation or race.
Who asked for it? We Hindus, do not need any. We have our own way.
"Mān nā mān, main terā mehmān" (Whether you accept it or not, I am your guest).

idea

Question Everything
The good news for me is that I'm no longer ensnared in a religion that left me emotionally traumatized and severely depressed. The negativity and pain I felt as a Christian eventually led me to Wicca and, later, polytheism, both of which have been significantly positive experiences for me. Since renouncing my Christian faith and learning about Wicca, I have felt a sense of peace and comfort in my life that I never felt as a Christian. As I said before, I don't feel pressured to worship a specific god or goddess, nor do I feel pressured to uphold moral standards at all times in order to appease an extremely vindictive and jealous god who threatens to send me to hell if I don't play exactly by his rules. I don't fear the wrath of any gods or goddesses, nor do I feel in any way intimidated by them. There's no doubt in my mind that renouncing my former faith and following Wicca has changed my life for the better. That's my good news.

I too have renounced my former faith (Mormonism). No more slavery to male heirarchy, I now have a career, have taken ownership of my own authority over myself, am free to think, read what I want, wear the cloths that I want, drink what I want (not alcohol - just coffee and tea for me), and now spend Sundays in nature - the great blue sky cathedral more beautiful than any building could ever be. No need to convert anyone, no fear of being separated from family at death, awakened to the beauty of all people - no more racism, no more sexism, no more being homophobic - I can now love everyone.

Not affiliated = connected to all, not trapped by any single group.

"You only are free when you realize you belong no place – you belong every place – no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great.” - Maya Angelou

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I too have renounced my former faith (Mormonism). No more slavery to male heirarchy, I now have a career, have taken ownership of my own authority over myself, am free to think, read what I want, wear the cloths that I want, drink what I want (not alcohol - just coffee and tea for me), and now spend Sundays in nature - the great blue sky cathedral more beautiful than any building could ever be. No need to convert anyone, no fear of being separated from family at death, awakened to the beauty of all people - no more racism, no more sexism, no more being homophobic - I can now love everyone.

Not affiliated = connected to all, not trapped by any single group.

"You only are free when you realize you belong no place – you belong every place – no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great.” - Maya Angelou

Thank you for sharing your story with me, idea. I really appreciate it.

FYI, I share more of my story in my latest thread, "How have your religious beliefs benefited you?"

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
By Gospel I simply mean "good news", I am not specifically referring to the gospels in the Bible.

The four gospel writers combined wrote one gospel good news.
The 'good news gospel' according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Yes, Christians popularized it with the advent of Jesus - Romans 16:25 - which was kept secret until Christ.
Even the angels wanted to know/understand according to 1 Peter 1:12 B.
Jesus told his followers that it was his followers who would know about the good news of God's Kingdom - Mark 4:11
It is about the Kingdom that Jesus said " thy kingdom come....." at Matthew 6:9-10
Not the Kingdom to come to Heaven, but God's will, His purpose be done on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
Before Jesus, Bible writers wrote about enjoying future life on Earth because of God's Kingdom:
- Psalms 37:9-11; Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 65:21-25 and Isaiah 35th chapter.
Enjoying Earth under God's Kingdom government by Christ Jesus - Isaiah 9:6-7; Colossians 2:2-3; John 17:3.
A paradisical Earth as Eden originally was and again will be under Christ as King (Ruler) of God's Kingdom.
- 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My good news is the the Kingdom of God has come to mankind, to you and me.

Since Jesus instructed to still pray for God's Kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come......)
And we are ALL still invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Revelation 22:20
Jesus, as that figurative 'stone' at Daniel 2:44-45, has Not yet taken the action that only God's Kingdom government will be the one left standing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is true of all words people claim represent them whether at religion or sect of a religion.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I would answer the "coming age or kingdom to come, peace on earth, and goodwill towards humanity. That's why we do what we do ... Like a bat out of hell into less turbulent conditions. Forebetter or foreworse? I don't know, but the good news is one day. Makes it seem OK. You know. what we endure here presently.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I have a problem with a lot of your gospels...

Many of the gospels of most religions are conditional and only exist as a way to say, "if you believe this you will be rewarded." I don't see it like that. How can you be rewarded for a belief? My friend Dan got baptized into Mormonism and doesn't believe any of it, but they still treat him with respect. He doesn't believe and he still goes along with what they're saying to gain friends and favors, and still gets rewarded because somehow they think he's one of them.

So my problem is, with something as conditional as, "believe and be rewarded" it raises eyebrows for the vast majority that don't. In Syntheism we teach of a physical heaven that will exist unconditionally for everyone, regardless of what they happen to think. And Christian Universalists support this idea too, only they believe in a spiritual heaven as do most Christians. I don't understand how someone can simply be rewarded with the gospel simply by their view points. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Any religion with an amount of self-autonomy allows their members to think differently - even the JWs and LDS church practice some degree of that. And my friend proved that you can follow their religion and call yourself one of them and be rewarded now with the community they have without actually believing in any of it. It's deceitful to think that people are going to actually care what you call yourself after you've already died.

If everybody's version of the gospel actually occurs, that probably means that every person in their afterlife will have a different version of reality where different versions of different people will exist somehow unconditionally. That God will bestow upon all people the exact reality that they want, because obviously what you want to happen is usually the gospel of people. Yet most people live a life that is not what they exactly imagined, or even really wanted.

Chances are, if you exist in this life and don't get everything you want, neither will you in the afterlife. The way I see it there will be a long foregone oblivion for most people and even after your resurrection that will come much later in history you still won't have everything you desire. Nor will you ever, because reality is ever changing and expanding. What you want now will be different from what you want tomorrow, and so on.

So to pretend that you're a better person because you think certain thoughts is selfish, and foolish. My gospel is no matter how religious or spiritual you are, you're eventually going to end in the same places that everybody else already is. And that to me at least reassures that I won't be alone if there is a reality outside of complete and utter oblivion that awaits me.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
My good news is that everything is exactly as it needs to be, everything will be alright.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Since Jesus instructed to still pray for God's Kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come......)
And we are ALL still invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Revelation 22:20
Jesus, as that figurative 'stone' at Daniel 2:44-45, has Not yet taken the action that only God's Kingdom government will be the one left standing.

Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus was near at hand at the time of Matthew 10:7; Matthew 4:17; Luke 10:9; Luke 9:2
That was while Jesus was 'alive' and showing people why pray for God's kingdom to come......
After Jesus died and ascended to heaven then his followers taught about a later or future return - Luke 19:11-15.
- Hebrews 10:12-13 (Psalms 110) 2 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 11:15; Revelation 12:10 (Satan was Not hurled down out of heaven in the 1st century. Revelation was written for our day, our time frame )
And at Revelation 22:20 we are all still invited to still pray to God for Jesus to come !
Jesus who is King (Matt. 25:34) of God's Kingdom, and the figurative coming ' stone ' at Daniel 2:44-45.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Jesus was near at hand at the time of Matthew 10:7; Matthew 4:17; Luke 10:9; Luke 9:2
That was while Jesus was 'alive' and showing people why pray for God's kingdom to come......
After Jesus died and ascended to heaven then his followers taught about a later or future return - Luke 19:11-15.
- Hebrews 10:12-13 (Psalms 110) 2 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 11:15; Revelation 12:10 (Satan was Not hurled down out of heaven in the 1st century. Revelation was written for our day, our time frame )
And at Revelation 22:20 we are all still invited to still pray to God for Jesus to come !
Jesus who is King (Matt. 25:34) of God's Kingdom, and the figurative coming ' stone ' at Daniel 2:44-45.
I'm not sure that addressed the statement although, yes, the complete Kingdom is established at the future return.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The Kingdom is in us and not "out there".