• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Your Gospel?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I would answer the "coming age or kingdom to come, peace on earth, and goodwill towards humanity. That's why we do what we do ... Like a bat out of hell into less turbulent conditions. Forebetter or foreworse? I don't know, but the good news is one day. Makes it seem OK. You know. what we endure here presently.

'What we endure presently' besides enduing the ill effects from sin, Jesus said to endure to the end - Matthew 24:13
Endure faithful to the end of one's life, or be found faithful at Jesus' coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not sure that addressed the statement although, yes, the complete Kingdom is established at the future return.
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.......
I read at Luke 17:20-21 that in those verses Jesus is speaking to his enemies: the hate-filled Pharisees.
So, why would anyone want to say the kingdom was within those hate-filled Pharisees ____________
However, Jesus was within their reach, within their midst speaking to them. Jesus was among the Pharisees.
It is Not until verse 22 (Luke 17:22) that Jesus then turns his attention and addresses: his disciples.
If we continue reading from Luke chapter 17 to Luke chapter 19 there in chapter 19 Jesus is speaking to his followers.
Jesus is the nobleman who travels to a distant land (heaven) before later returning as King in Kingdom Glory.
Jesus' returning Glory Time is still ahead of us - Matthew 25:31-34.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................The Kingdom is in us and not "out there".

If the kingdom was already in us then there would be No need to pray for the Kingdom to come... (thy kingdom come)
Out of the 5 Kingdoms mentioned in Daniel chapter 2 that make up that figurative political/kingdom statue, the last kingdom or government left standing is God's Kingdom with Jesus as King (Matthew 25:34) of God's Kingdom.
King Jesus, a real governmental theocratic king, Commander in Chief of angelic armies (Rev. 19:14-15) Hail to the Chief!
Please notice when King Jesus hands back God's Kingdom to his God according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 _______________

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I read at Luke 17:20-21 that in those verses Jesus is speaking to his enemies: the hate-filled Pharisees.
So, why would anyone want to say the kingdom was within those hate-filled Pharisees ____________
However, Jesus was within their reach, within their midst speaking to them. Jesus was among the Pharisees.
It is Not until verse 22 (Luke 17:22) that Jesus then turns his attention and addresses: his disciples.
If we continue reading from Luke chapter 17 to Luke chapter 19 there in chapter 19 Jesus is speaking to his followers.
Jesus is the nobleman who travels to a distant land (heaven) before later returning as King in Kingdom Glory.
Jesus' returning Glory Time is still ahead of us - Matthew 25:31-34.
Again... I know that Jesus' return is still ahead of us but you never addressed my question and who when he said it isn't the issue.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit is in us who is joined with us. When you are a believer, you are an ambassador for Christ because you are now part of His Kingdom. We are His children.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
'What we endure presently' besides enduing the ill effects from sin, Jesus said to endure to the end - Matthew 24:13
Endure faithful to the end of one's life, or be found faithful at Jesus' coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34,37

Besides enduing the Ill effects of sin?? What does that even mean? We share a little big world where some don't give a frack and cause tremendous amounts of trouble and hardship for us. We endure this - one day people of the earth won't be required to endure it. It'll get better, but presently we must endure it but the hope keeps us enduring if only for future generations, which is the only thing that makes it seem OK.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again... I know that Jesus' return is still ahead of us but you never addressed my question and who when he said it isn't the issue.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
The Holy Spirit is in us who is joined with us. When you are a believer, you are an ambassador for Christ because you are now part of His Kingdom. We are His children.

Since Pentecost Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation yes Christians are part of God's Kingdom, His arrangement.
Thus, the congregation is Not centered on physical matters but on spiritual matters - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
So, having that favorable standing does Not depend on what one eats/drinks (Colossians 8:8) rather it is related to: righteousness, peace and joy with holy spirit. - Romans 14:17
To me God's spirit (Psalms 104:30; Job 33:4) is Not a Ghost apparition but what God uses and sends forth - Psalms 104:30.
Notice at Luke 11:13 B that God will give holy spirit, and at Luke 11:20 God's spirit is figurative of God's finger (Exodus 8:19)
No issue that God's Kingdom is a real government - Daniel 2:44-45; Daniel 7:13-14
For Jesus will be King (Ruler) of God's theocratic Kingdom government for one-thousand years -1 Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Besides enduing the Ill effects of sin?? What does that even mean? We share a little big world where some don't give a frack and cause tremendous amounts of trouble and hardship for us. We endure this - one day people of the earth won't be required to endure it. It'll get better, but presently we must endure it but the hope keeps us enduring if only for future generations, which is the only thing that makes it seem OK.

Jesus spoke of enduring in being faithful in spiritual matters, being obedient to righteous standards.
A man named Job was challenged by Satan at Job 2:4-5 ( we are included in Satan's challenge )
'Touch our flesh......' ( loose physical health ) and under adverse conditions we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under very-bad conditions proved Satan a liar, thus so can we.
Yes, things will get better. This is why we are all invited to ask God for Jesus to come ! (Rev. 22:20)
Jesus to come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2.
Healing to the point that sin and sickness will be No more - Isaiah 33:24.
Earth and its people will be happy and healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........So, having that favorable standing does Not depend on what one eats/drinks (Colossians 8:8) rather it is related to: righteousness, peace and joy with holy spirit. - Romans 14:17........
OoPs ! ^ above ^ should be 1 Corinthians 8:8 instead of Colossians.

Goldemar

A queer sort
By Gospel I simply mean "good news", I am not specifically referring to the gospels in the Bible.

It seems to me that most people have some sort of spiritual gospel in some way. Yes, the Christians popularized it with the advent of Jesus, but every religion (and some irreligions) provoke some sort of good news to their adherents.

My gospel, and probably the gospel of most syntheists, is that God is being created right now from our attempt to anthropomorphize nature. The future is vague but I do see one in which the best outcomes for the most amount of people, and after many years of oblivion there will be a resurrection of all 72 billion dead people that have existed. At first they will most likely exist as avatars of a digitized simulation of themselves, but nonetheless will come into a much greater form later. At the very end all ten dimensions will become a Synverse and we will become the masters of creation itself. Imagine being able to invent alternate universes just by thinking of it. There is magic involved within our technology that most people cannot begin to imagine yet. We are taking small but directed steps into creating the best this Universe (or others) has yet to offer.

Share your gospel (good news) with us below.

My good news is that we will all eventually return to the Lightworld (which you can think of as a Heaven apart from Earth) whence we originated.