• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite stephen king book?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
For me the three really scary Stephen King books are:

IT. Fear of the monster, fear of fear.

The Shinning. Fear of violence and loss of control.

Pet Semetary. Fear of loss, pain of grief.

And then I also loved the Dark Tower series, but that was a completely different animal.

Vitality

I enjoyed the Dark Tower series and how it incorporated so many of his other novels. Some of his writing really drags, but the stories are interesting enough.

Steven King can be too fantasy for me but his best book is "The Stand" and I liked "Misery" because its real world - a crippled man stuck with a serial killer who's his number one fan. Then he tells her he's killing off her favorite Character in his book series

You can watch the "Stand" on Amazon Prime they made it into a mini series which is very close to the book - and it looks like they plan on expanding the story. Anyone who hasn't read it - its about the end of the world 99% of the population dies off and there is a battle between God and the Devil and people pick their group. Reading the book is better.

Last edited:

Vitality

Steven King can be too fantasy for me but his best book is "The Stand" and I liked "Misery" because its real world - a crippled man stuck with a serial killer who's his number one fan. Then he tells her he's killing off her favorite Character in his book series

You can watch the "Stand" on Amazon Prime they made it into a mini series which is very close to the book - and it looks like they plan on expanding the story. Anyone who hasn't read it - its about the end of the world 99% of the population dies off and there is a battle between God and the Devil and people pick their group. Reading the book is better.

I liked the stand as well. I saw the original movie they made but haven’t seen the series yet. One reason I liked the Dark Tower series is because it’s essentially an extension of that story. I appreciate how much of the fantasy aspect of his writing is influenced by folklore, religion, and superstition. He just puts his own twist on things.

He was in a serious accident in 1999 a distracted drive ran him down and he almost died. He had a broken hip a broken leg and a punctured lung from broken ribs.

I have to add Christine - I loved that big red Chrysler with the fins he meant it to be an ugly car in the book but it sure looked sharp in the movie. The idea of this big red Chrysler out with a blood lust I thought was pretty good.

Last edited: