• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite Star Trek episode, any series?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Q is like an anti God but in a good way. He is a well intentioned devil. Like if everything good had an honorable antithesis. That's not to say he is perfect, because he has faults. He clearly is putting humanity and others to a severe test.
I think I like the character best when he is less narcissistic and more well-intentioned devil.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes it was a product of Cold War angst, as so many shows were back then.
A lot of the classic science fiction movies that I like from the 50's and 60's are said to have exploited the fear the Cold War wrought in the public. A lot of the lower grade movies are certainly blatant in their depictions of man messing with nature and it getting out of control, much as the fear that messing with nuclear weapons would get out of control.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Who doesn't like the Xindi war? That was epic with Enterp

Nope. I'm crazy about them both.
There are elements of the Xindi that I wish could have been expanded on. I found the concept of multiple intelligent species evolving on a single planet from different stock to be very interesting.

Niblo

Premium Member
'The House of Quark' ....DS9.

Pssssst, don't tell anyone, but I have a thing for the Lady Grilka!

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
In the original series, I really liked the episode "Shore Leave", but it left a lot of unanswered questions about the Caretaker and his people. Much as the questions left by the episode "Assignment Earth" that I previously mentioned.

Does anyone know if these have been brought up in any of the subsequent series or is it all still just hanging?