• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite scripture?

Reggie Miller

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

What's your favorite?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Micah 6:8: He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Micah 6:8: He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you.....

They have shown you, O forum member, what is good;
and what does the forum require of you.
Only to walk humbly and obey the rules of the forum -
such as not posting in a religion DIR not your own unless you are
posing a question.

I'm outta here as well!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oops! Thanks as I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong DIR forum. My apologies to all here.

Talmai

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than live in the tents of wickedness. (Psalm 84:10, NRSV)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
What's your favorite?

To me it's hard to pick a favorite, but without the Bible we would Not know according to God's purpose.
God's purpose that Earth will have beautiful paradisical earthly conditions coming back to Earth.
So, Isaiah's writings are favorites regarding the Earth such as Isaiah chapter 35.
There will be harmony on Earth too between humans and animals again - Isaiah 11:6-9
All possible through Jesus' governing as king over Earth - Isaiah 9:7; Isaiah 11:3-4
No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24 B. That is because Death will be swallowed up forever - Isaiah 25:8

Heim

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16, NIV)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Beatitudes as sung by the monks of Glenstal Abbey

Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you. Solo
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, the kingdom of heaven is theirs.
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land
Blessed are those who morn, they shall be consoled.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for justice. The justice of God shall be theirs.

Blessed are the merciful, mercy shall be shown unto them.
Blessed are the pure of heart, they shall behold their God.
Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God
Blessed are those who suffer in the cause of right, the kingdom of heaven is theirs.

peter22

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5 KJV)

Deidre

Anything written in the book of Job.

17165-job-12-10-bunny-1.jpg

ZooGirl02

I have a couple of favorite passages of Scripture:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6 RSV-CE)

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
(1 Corinthians 13:1-13 RSV-CE)

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live for ever." This he said in the synagogue, as he taught at Caper'na-um.
(John 6:47-59 RSV-CE)

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Philippians 3:8
“What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ.”