• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Favorite Miracle?

Matthew 14:14-21

14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.

16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.

17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.

18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

The twelve baskets of leftovers makes all the other miracles seem easy

Does the one with bears mauling children count?

Priests must be men...women don't count. Since there are a lot of teen age alter boys who are experiencing hormonal changes............VOILA!! A haven for catholic pedophiles. This is not some assertion. Over the last 25 years the jury is no longer out.

Muffled

Jesus in me
II Ki. 1:11 And again he sent unto him another captain of fifty and his fifty. And he answered and said unto him, O man of God, thus hath the king said, Come down quickly.
12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
13 And again he sent the captain of a third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.
14 Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and consumed the two former captains of fifty with their fifties; but now let my life be precious in thy sight.
15 And the angel of Jehovah said unto Elijah, Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him unto the king.

I believe sometimes it takes a while for God's message to get through to the stubborn.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Priests must be men...women don't count. Since there are a lot of teen age alter boys who are experiencing hormonal changes............VOILA!! A haven for catholic pedophiles. This is not some assertion. Over the last 25 years the jury is no longer out.

I believe sin is not a miracle but perhaps overcoming the flesh borders on it and Jesus said He did that and will do it for us also.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It wasn't mentioned in the Bible (should've been),
but the IRS made a large error in my favor.
Were I a man of faith, I'd be saying "Praise _______!".
(Insert appropriate deity in blank space.)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It wasn't mentioned in the Bible (should've been),
but the IRS made a large error in my favor.
Were I a man of faith, I'd be saying "Praise OFFICIAL ERROR!".
(Insert appropriate deity in blank space.)

And there was darkness over the face of all the Earth,
And Inland Revenue Demons wandered within the void.
And the taxpayers called out for mercy and succour...
And lo.... the Lord of all sent unto them..... official error.
And whensoever the Demons did press the wrong buttons,
and produceth the most amazing and wonderful undercharges,
the taxpayers (without accountants) who declared 'official error'..
were freed from the screams and outstretched claws of the cursed...

Here endeth the first lesson...........

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
The greatest miracle was the point of Jesus' entire message: to make the blind man see.