• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite Estonian metal band?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted to listen to something different so I picked a country and searched for metal bands from that country. It's different. I learned about a new subgenre. Folk metal. The band that performed the songs I listened to was Metsatöll.

The videos I watched were pretty well made, creative and often dark.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Wow!!! Terrible things can happen when you are suffering boredom.

Here, have a sympathetic hug...
:glomp:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I wanted to listen to something different so I picked a country and searched for metal bands from that country. It's different. I learned about a new subgenre. Folk metal. The band that performed the songs I listened to was Metsatöll.

The videos I watched were pretty well made, creative and often dark.

Here, a Metal sub genre map:

Map of Metal

There could potentially be infinite genres of metal with huge contrasts in style:

Extreme Metal:

Symphonic Metal:

Doom Metal/ Heavy Metal:

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Here, a Metal sub genre map:

Map of Metal

There could potentially be infinite genres of metal with huge contrasts in style:

Extreme Metal:

Symphonic Metal:

Doom Metal/ Heavy Metal:

Thanks.

Know of, but really don't know Meshuggah. Been a Black Sabbath fan for decades. Discovered Nightwish about five years ago. Excellent work. Symphonic metal!

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Thanks.

Know of, but really don't know Meshuggah. Been a Black Sabbath fan for decades. Discovered Nightwish about five years ago. Excellent work. Symphonic metal!

I have heard Meshuggah but I don't like them. I used to be a death metal fan but now I am going back to bands like Black Sabbath because they are so bluesy. I reserve Nightwish for times when I want dash the steretypical views people have of metal. They are brilliant!