• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite biblical quote?

may

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Smoke

Done here.
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing,
neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished;
neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy,
and drink thy wine with a merry heart;
for God now accepteth thy works.

Let thy garments be always white;
and let thy head lack no ointment.

Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest
all the days of the life of thy vanity,
which he hath given thee under the sun,
all the days of thy vanity:
for that is thy portion in this life,
and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;
for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom,
in the grave, whither thou goest.

may

MidnightBlue said:
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing,
neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished;
neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy,
and drink thy wine with a merry heart;
for God now accepteth thy works.

Let thy garments be always white;
and let thy head lack no ointment.

Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest
all the days of the life of thy vanity,
which he hath given thee under the sun,
all the days of thy vanity:
for that is thy portion in this life,
and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;
for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom,
in the grave, whither thou goest.
yes i also like these verses in the bible book of ECCLESIASTES that is a true bible teaching , no mention of the immortality of the human soul . the reason why is because the immortality of the human soul is not a bible teaching , but a verse that the bible does tell us about is the hope of a ressurection .
and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous acts 24;15
Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."—Joh 5:25-29. of cause this does not mean that they will be judged on the things they did BEFORE they died , but they will be judged on how they live their lifes from AFTER their resurrection. and then my favourite scripture will be fullfilled .

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,​

And they will reside forever upon it.psalm 37;29
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off. some will not want to be blessed , they will prefer to be cut-off from the wonderful blessings of a paradise earth . but that is their choice.

how easy it is for the great Universal Sovereign and Creator to resurrect a person by repatterning the same personality in a newly formed body.

may

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Acts 13v39: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

1Jn 1v5: This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1Jn 4v9: In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1Jn 5v7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Nahum 1v13: For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder.

Ezek 18v32: For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Jn 7v38: He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Rv 22v20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Col 2v9-10: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

I could go on and on and if i explain what these verses mean to me I will never stop typing.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
sparkyluv said:
1 Timothy 3:16-17 ---> "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I am curious to know what bible you got this from? I use the KJV and it only has 16 verses in 1 Timothy chapter 3 and it doesn't say anything like what you have listed.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
sparkyluv said:
Then be a fundamentalist if you plan on quoting and claiming scripture. You can't make up meanings and twist words around to fit what you believe or what you think it should mean. There are several methods when it comes to interpreting the bible, but once you get down to it there's only one meaning behind it.

that's wierd because there is a fellow by the name of Jesus in the bible who taught with parables specifically to give layers of meaning to scripture....

(of course this is coming from a Mormon and I can't imagine what you have to say about us...)

Omnichaotic

Luke 10:25-28

25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.
28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

1 John 4:16

16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

and

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.

Matt 7:1-2

1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Matt 7:7-12

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
:D

Ernestine

1 Corinthians 15:24-26 - "Next the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." This is fulfilled after Jesus has once again brought all things in subjection to Jehovah God and his kingdom is firmly established and operating. What a glorious day!

PetShopBoy88

My favourite is 1 Cor 8:13 - Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

I think aside from loving god and neighbour, this is the most important commandment in the bible. Everything in the gospel hangs on not causing my brother to offend.

anders

Even Elisha's bear is trumped by 2 Kings 8:12 / Ps 137:9:

... and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children ...

Happy shalt he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

may

1 Corinthians 15:24-26 - "Next the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." This is fulfilled after Jesus has once again brought all things in subjection to Jehovah God and his kingdom is firmly established and operating. What a glorious day!
yes that is also one of my favourites , that is what it is all about .:)

athanasius

Mine is from Luke 1:37 when speaking of the virginal conception of Christ St Gabriel the archangel says

"For with God nothing will be impossible"

Bick

There are so many. I choose 1Cor. 15:22-28, from the CV:

"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;
thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
The last enemy being abolished is death.
For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him,
that God may be All in all."

Bick

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Ti 2v13: Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Deut 15v11: For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Gen 1v1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1Jn 2v25: And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Prov 11v13: A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Eccl 12v13: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

This is one of my favorite biblical verses because it affirms the sanctity of life and encourages love, tolerance and peace between people.

It is a perfect example of the virtue and value of the Christian Bible.

Dt.13:6-10
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." --

Translation: If your brother, son, daughter, wife or friend tries to get you to worship other gods KILL them with your own hand and encourage others to join in their murder.

may

This is one of my favorite biblical verses because it affirms the sanctity of life and encourages love, tolerance and peace between people.

It is a perfect example of the virtue and value of the Christian Bible.

Dt.13:6-10
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." --

Translation: If your brother, son, daughter, wife or friend tries to get you to worship other gods KILL them with your own hand and encourage others to join in their murder.
you are forgetting the sayings of Jesus,
‘You must love your neighbor as yourself. the first is to love Jehovah.
(Mark 12:31) The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these."
(Luke 10:27) In answer he said: "‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind,’ and, ‘your neighbor as yourself.’" and Jehovah did say to listen to Jesus his son
(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him."....... now thats the way to do things just as Jehovah tells us to