• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Your Conception of God?

David T

Premium Member
Oregon!!!!!
Of course oregon. I am jack in one flew over the cucoos nest, and i got a bus with no additives needed. A merry prankster i am, and i follow the gratefull dead around. Because i am a very gratefull dead walking around this insane asylum. Crazy world i tell ya! And the greatfull dead simg i listen as i ponder the nature of the clouds. See a unicorn right there find me a defective cloud seen one!? I dont even know how to see a defective cloud do you?
images (38).jpeg

wellwisher

If we assume God created the universe, then his intellect and capacities would be impossible to fathom. God is beyond human comprehension. We have no clue of the alpha and omega that is God. Therefore, some will give up and not try to understand God, because it is too hard to pin down. Others will come up with ways to humanize God. They will try to limit God to a bite size piece, so they can pretend to comprehend. It is these limiting concepts; bite size, which become subject to debate.

The affect is similar to a child trying be an adult, while still young. They might copy the clothes, the gestures, and even some adult behavior like drink a beer or smoke a cigarette. This mask is not the same, as the head and heart of an adult. But it is the best the child can do, until they get older and become an adult based on years of experience.

My concept of God is that of an evolving paradigm, which require a starting point as a foundation. Like a child who wishes to become an adult, we first take baby steps, and then build on that, until one day you become an adult. This is where you comprehend a more comprehensive image of God with intuition and faith. What cannot be put into words, can nevertheless be felt and perceived.

steveb1

I learning about people's views, especially what comes to God and what that (s/he) looks like to them. My conception of god is a personal and benevolent being who is ONE person NOT three in one. He is omni present and omnipotent. The term "holy spirit" is just as it sounds, the Spirit of the Father and Jesus is God's son, just as we are His children.

My God-definition excludes God as a creator and intervener.

It includes God as an object of experience - as in divine union mysticism, i.e., divine communion and divine communion.

It acknowledges God as a loving, living transformative presence in our deepest subjectivity.

My God-definition is found in panentheism. It states that God is both "here" (immanent) and "more than here" (transcendent).

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I learning about people's views, especially what comes to God and what that (s/he) looks like to them. My conception of god is a personal and benevolent being who is ONE person NOT three in one. He is omni present and omnipotent. The term "holy spirit" is just as it sounds, the Spirit of the Father and Jesus is God's son, just as we are His children.
I believe God to be both panentheistic, and with form. Ie, both with form yet not limited by form. The Holy Spirit by my estimation is a Godly expression of the panentheistic aspect of God, which is why I believe some call the Spirit a person.