• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Your Conception of God?

Ellen Brown

I am not a Christian but I can see the trinity and unity making sense. Three would be God in Heaven, God on earth and God in us. Jehovah, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The unity would be the fact that the three are one. That is, the joining of the three makes one. So, God in Heaven had a son on earth which could happen in my opinion, and gave us her spirit within us. I do believe in angels coming to earth in the physical. So, why couldn't God make herself into a human for a period of time to bring important spiritual information to people?

But in the 10 Commandments, God says he is one.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I learning about people's views, especially what comes to God and what that (s/he) looks like to them. My conception of god is a personal and benevolent being who is ONE person NOT three in one. He is omni present and omnipotent. The term "holy spirit" is just as it sounds, the Spirit of the Father and Jesus is God's son, just as we are His children.

I see I can not ever know God in Essence.

All that I can know of God is a conception of God's chosen Messengers. I see all knowledge reverts back to God's Messengers.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I learning about people's views, especially what comes to God and what that (s/he) looks like to them. My conception of god is a personal and benevolent being who is ONE person NOT three in one. He is omni present and omnipotent. The term "holy spirit" is just as it sounds, the Spirit of the Father and Jesus is God's son, just as we are His children.

This is common conceptualization among most Christians as I understand it.

My concept of God is without form or attributes.

Ellen Brown

In which one of the ten does He say this?

I should have said this more clearly. The First Commandment says, "I am the Lord thy God and you shall have no other before me." To me that means "1" God. And yes, the conversation I've had with Mormons is that he is "flesh and bone". I say that if he is God, he can be anything he wants to be.

Bird123

You are right. God is not three people. God is a Spiritual Being, just as we are in our true natures. God has lots of children. God knows what most parents know. Children make life Grand.

Happiness is not a journey nor a destination. Happiness is no more than a Choice.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
God is the infinite eternal existence that lies beyond reach of our void of the cosmos. From where I sit God is infinite in all directions. God is self sustaining, self sufficient and of highest virtue. God is the great explorer of the unknown. God is a being of the Living Truth! I do not see God as omniscient, nor is God all knowing. I do not see God as creator. We exist separately from God. We are one of endless worlds, and endless existences.

Darkforbid

I believe almost exactly as you do. So, for me the question remains and a rational explanation is that the Creator can move and exist in any of the 11 dimensions. I'm theorizing that Jesus, the Spirit, and the unfallen Angels can also. For the rest, "we don't even know what we don't know".

Where do you get 11 dimensions?

Darkforbid

Some Physicists theorize 11 Dimensions. Others say 15. They arrive at these prognostications by doing the higher math that I do not understand.

Oh I see, I was thinking have I missed a scripture with 11 dimensions

As it goes string theory and other multiple dimension theories are dead in the water. After promising a deeper level of understanding the fail against the standard model

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I should have said this more clearly. The First Commandment says, "I am the Lord thy God and you shall have no other before me." To me that means "1" God. And yes, the conversation I've had with Mormons is that he is "flesh and bone". I say that if he is God, he can be anything he wants to be.
I agree that God can be anything He wants to be, and I think He wants to be what He is -- a glorified person in whose express image His Son was begotten. There is no need for Him to ever "be" anything other than what He is, because the form He is in has no bearing whatsoever on His omnipotence.

Ellen Brown

I agree that God can be anything He wants to be, and I think He wants to be what He is -- a glorified person in whose express image His Son was begotten. There is no need for Him to ever "be" anything other than what He is, because the form He is in has no bearing whatsoever on His omnipotence.

I've had to face the fact that I have such deep anger with the way the Jesus people treat people like me that it clouds my thinking.

Audie

Veteran Member
My conception of God varies according to my needs and it's effectiveness. I recognize the difference between my concept of God and the Great Mystery that the term "God" refers to. So I see no reason why I (we) should not morph that concept according to our needs, and to the value that results.

God is the same to everyone, really. "He" is
whatever you need him to be.
Same as the bible saying whatever a person
wants it to say.
Not everyone is as honest as you about
saying so,though.

Audie

Veteran Member

Anything you figure god cant do?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

My god is not personal. I think of it as a universal spirit in everything, letting us see the sacredness of creation. Before I became a Christian, I thought of god as a benevolent bearded old man in the sky smiling down on me. Christianity screwed it up for me. Now I see it as neutral.