• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?

Skwim

Veteran Member
It isn't a reason. :shrug:

Sometimes I wonder what you see when you read people's posts.
I was replying to your OP Title question.

What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?

My biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread is that it's an unreasonable reason.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was replying to your OP Title question.

My biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread is that it's an unreasonable reason.

What
is an unreasonable reason?

Seriously, I would love to learn a new language.

Skwim

Veteran Member

What
is an unreasonable reason?

Seriously, I would love to learn a new language.

*SIGH* Oh, okay, I'll walk you through it! First some definitions:
rea·son\ .1. The basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction.

un·rea·son·a·ble .1. Not governed by reason :

So . . . .
un·rea·son·a·ble rea·son 1. The basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction.that is Not governed by reason :

EXAMPLE

"The reason to vote Republican is because cod fish taste good."

Of course you may find this entirely reasonable, if so I'll give it another shot. ;)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
*SIGH* Oh, okay, I'll walk you through it! First some definitions:
rea·son\ .1. The basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction.

un·rea·son·a·ble .1. Not governed by reason :

So . . . .
un·rea·son·a·ble rea·son 1. The basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction.that is Not governed by reason :

EXAMPLE

"The reason to vote Republican is because cod fish taste good."

Of course you may find this entirely reasonable, if so I'll give it another shot. ;)

Yes, that part I got. where you lost me is: how do you apply that to this" What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?"

You're saying the thread title is an unreasonable reason. It isn't a reason, it's a question.

ques·tion (kwschn)
n.
a. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
b. An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.
2. A subject or point open to controversy; an issue.
3. A difficult matter; a problem: a question of ethics.
4. A point or subject under discussion or consideration.
a. A proposition brought up for consideration by an assembly.
b. The act of bringing a proposal to vote.
6. Uncertainty; doubt: There is no question about the validity of the enterprise.
v. ques·tioned, ques·tion·ing, ques·tions
v.tr.
1. To put a question to. See Synonyms at ask.
2. To examine (a witness, for example) by questioning; interrogate.
3. To express doubt about; dispute.
4. To analyze; examine.
v.intr.

EXAMPLE
"Just how much glue have you been sniffing?"

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes, that part I got. where you lost me is: how do you apply that to this" What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?"

You're saying the thread title is an unreasonable reason. It isn't a reason, it's a question.
No!
Let me explain.
Q. What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?

A. That it's an unreasonable reason.
To put it in an easier to understand form.

Myreason for not doing X is that it (my reason) is unreasonable. Think about it. Does it make sense or not? Of course it doesn't. If I followed through with its logic I would create another "What is your biggest reason" thread. If it's unreasonable that I don't do X, it should be reasonable that I do.

It was just a little jape at your creation of a question about the question itself. Not to be taken seriously, but simply a ploy to elicit "meaningful" dialog. Thanks for taking me up on it, silly as it was.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No!
Let me explain.
Q. What is your biggest reason for not creating another "What is your biggest reason" thread?

A. That it's an unreasonable reason.
To put it in an easier to understand form.

Myreason for not doing X is that it (my reason) is unreasonable. Think about it. Does it make sense or not? Of course it doesn't. If I followed through with its logic I would create another "What is your biggest reason" thread. If it's unreasonable that I don't do X, it should be reasonable that I do.

It was just a little jape at your creation of a question about the question itself. Not to be taken seriously, but simply a ploy to elicit "meaningful" dialog. Thanks for taking me up on it, silly as it was.

Ah! Now I get it! (I don't really but for some reason that seemed like the best response anyway).

Last edited: