• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your biggest complaint/disagreement with the bible

Clizby Wampuscat

I see many complain about the bible.

So what is your biggest complaint/disagreement with the bible?

Who knows what it really says?
Doesn't everyone go buy what others tell them what they think it says?
It promotes bad ideas such as slavery, substitutional atonement, anti LQBTQ, etc.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
The only method is to choose what suits the already established doctrine, and the thread you gave has done exactly that.
The purpose of the doctrine is not to serve the doctrine but to serve what the doctrine is supposed to reveal, which is in this case interpretation of the bible.
To prove the doctrine wrong you need arguments, I do not see how the doctrine of Thomas Aquinas is contradictory to sacred texts, on contrary it reveals what is not visible out of the box.
The only thing that I do not agree with is that his doctrine is not sufficient, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I'm missing some pieces about specifics.

In the OT, even the books are chosen by the church. That is why there is a douay version and the protestant version with a different number of books in the OT. That is why there is a Greek style interpretation or translation of the Tanakh that Christians accepted for so long and used for their doctrine, while the Tanakh has very different translations due to direct access to the Hebrew language. I am talking about your own topic.
There is a saying "There are as many truths as there are people"