• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with Trump?

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
What astounds me is not so much the Twat's response, but all 3 players (in the taped response) seem to believe that shop lifting is normal and acceptable behavior !!!! astounding .... Jail .. every time, they
may one day learn.....

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You may have a point. Next let's start a thread about the ungratefulness of a father whose son may have been spared multiple years in a Chinese prison by a immature benefactor. While we're at it, let's start a sub-thread about the same ungrateful father who believes his son was entitled to break the Chinese law.

Yes, the father is a complete dumbass as well, but unlike Trump he's not The President of the United States.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So let me get this straight, some people go to another country and break their laws, a person with political pull gets them off and somehow he is the bad guy in all this.
Did I get that right or did I miss something? Is there such a thing as American privilege?

The kids were wrong in their actions and the father was wrong in his words. No one is arguing otherwise, but it doesn't excuse the president form acting in an unpresidential manner.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's sad that those defending Trump think that some random basketball nobodies acting like immature brats excuses the president from acting like an immature brat.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
They are not children, they are college educated adults. I am actually surprised the media wasn't showing nice innocent pictures of them when they were ten years old or so, or did they.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
My question is why is Ball being ungrateful. I know these players are not remotely intelligent but trying to make a fight from somebody who literally should have left you in jail is just bizarre. I am personally not happy that Trump got them out of China, legally and morally speaking I think they should have remained in China.

I admit this is the first time I have ever kept up with sports but the only children I see here are the players. I just wish Trump left the filth at the airstrip.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My question is why is Ball being ungrateful. I know these players are not remotely intelligent but.....
They're young. They could even be very intelligent, but kids their age have a less
than fully developed awareness of the present affecting the future, & often make
really bad decisions. (Gawd....when I think of the dumb s*** I did at their age....)
What they did (apparently) is really wrong & inexcusable.
But they should outgrow such behavior. This should be an edifying experience.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
They're young. They could even be very intelligent, but kids their age have a less
than fully developed awareness of the present affecting the future, & often make
really bad decisions. (Gawd....when I think of the dumb s*** I did at their age....)
What they did (apparently) is really wrong & inexcusable.
But they should outgrow such behavior. This should be an edifying experience.

I understand where you are coming from but at the same notion, it is China. Where things are cheap and the government unforgiving and the notion of stealing in a foreign environment is just idiotic in of itself. I come from a family that has a history of bad decisions but at the same time I just can't fathom anybody going so far to not have any self control in such a manner.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I understand where you are coming from but at the same notion, it is China. Where things are cheap and the government unforgiving and the notion of stealing in a foreign environment is just idiotic in of itself. I come from a family that has a history of bad decisions but at the same time I just can't fathom anybody going so far to not have any self control in such a manner.
It is indeed difficult to grok such risky behavior in a country like China.
At least they weren't in Iran. Lucky that.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
It is indeed difficult to grok such risky behavior in a country like China.
At least they weren't in Iran. Lucky that.

I am drunk and I just read, "Iran."
God I am gonna have good sleep tonight :D.

I am just picturing some Americans getting whipped by a girl in a hijab. Sounds like Islamic BDSM, which yes there is such a thing.

Kapalika

Premium Member
What all these Trump supporters need to understand is that the PRESIDENT of the United States is held to a higher standard of behavior since he literally represents our country.

Even if the father was ungrateful he isn't going to be held to the standard of the PRESIDENT. Or am I living in a fairy tale world? Trump has always gotten in fights with random people because his damn ego is so big. Remember this is the President who claimed they wouldn't thank him at all in a preemptive passive aggressive tweet hours later when they were still on their flight out of China.

Guess what? They did.

Jumi

It's like the schoolyard bully doing the right thing for once and getting scolded for it just like with everything else he does.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It just proves what a child he is.
He goes to China, gets three shoplifters freed from jail using his Presidential influence - excellent so far a good story.

Then a father back home says something stupid.

This leads to Trump exploding on Twitter and ruining all the good publicity.

But could you imaging Obama or Bush making such a hash of a pro President story.
Does he do it on purpose to deflect from Russia and other issues? Possibly. In which case maybe we are all the fools not understanding his long term policy.

Kapalika

Premium Member
But could you imaging Obama or Bush making such a hash of a pro President story.
Does he do it on purpose to deflect from Russia and other issues? Possibly. In which case maybe we are all the fools not understanding his long term policy.

The answer is simpler than that. His entire life he hasn't been able to let go of petty fights. It isn't hard to pick up his kazillions of word scuffles with many other people throughout his life.

Simply he's just that immature. No grand scheme. Honestly if he never was running his own company, he'd be fired from most jobs from any reasonable employer for his general misconduct (getting into fights ect). It's that bad.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Ok. I get it, the three UCLA players ought to be greatful of not facing 10 years of hard time in Chinese prison................................

Yep, they should be grateful. Definitely.

Three young men representing their country on a visit to another country went in to three different shops and stole property.
They have admitted the thefts.
China's legislation about shoptheft is just a tad more heavy than found in most western countries. Up to Ten Years' imprisonment!

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yep, they should be grateful. Definitely.

Three young men representing their country on a visit to another country went in to three different shops and stole property.
They have admitted the thefts.
China's legislation about shoptheft is just a tad more heavy than found in most western countries. Up to Ten Years' imprisonment!

Being greatful is one thing, having a president tweet about ungratefulness and that he should have left them there is unpresidential.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Being greatful is one thing, having a president tweet about ungratefulness and that he should have left them there is unpresidential.

He should have left them there to pay for their crimes .. to intentionally steal while guests deserves the maximum penalty. Or is this perhaps part of their normal culture..