• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who worship spirits?

Reggie Miller

What is the purpose of kissing the icons or the idols? They have no power.

It helps one feel like they can express their love for God when kissing the cross since we obviously can't kiss Him on the cheek and tell Him how great a Father He is. ;)

I was just saying that I don't see anything wrong with it, I didn't say I thought it was beneficial to do it.

Icons we have to be careful with because no Christian wants to make an idol out of an icon.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Spirit? No way? God is above the heavens! According to Islam religion, spirits born and die. God is The Ever Living One.
Strange. In Christianity, spirits are more or less the eternal life forms which is God, and when God breathed his spirit into Adam and Eva, they became alive. So when you're saying God is "T he Ever Living", it might read similar to "The Eternal Spirit" to other people.

In other words, many Christians have no problems praying to God as a spirit, and even consider their own life being rooted in an eternal spirit that goes to Heaven. The way I learned it was that there are three different parts of a human. The physical (soma), the soul (psyche), and the spirit (pneuma). The soma dies. The psyche is the animating force which also animals have. Pneuma (spirit) on the other hand is the eternal life form that only God and humans have.

sovietchild

Strange. In Christianity, spirits are more or less the eternal life forms which is God, and when God breathed his spirit into Adam and Eva, they became alive. So when you're saying God is "T he Ever Living", it might read similar to "The Eternal Spirit" to other people.

In other words, many Christians have no problems praying to God as a spirit, and even consider their own life being rooted in an eternal spirit that goes to Heaven. The way I learned it was that there are three different parts of a human. The physical (soma), the soul (psyche), and the spirit (pneuma). The soma dies. The psyche is the animating force which also animals have. Pneuma (spirit) on the other hand is the eternal life form that only God and humans have.

How can The All-Compassionate be everywhere at the same time?

sovietchild

How can he/she/it not be?

How can something exist that is not part of that All? All can't be "All" if there are things outside it. All must encompass all, otherwise the word doesn't mean what it means.

If the world, us, human compassion, etc, exists outside of God who is "All", then God isn't "All" at all.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, how about those lucky goals in football (soccer)?

Don't get me wrong...I use the word 'lucky' all the time. I play and follow a lot of sports.

But ultimately, the 'lucky' goal is reduced to physics. the ball struck with the wrong part of the boot slicing past a keeper, for example.

Luck, in and of itself, doesn't exist. people are not inherently lucky or unlucky. A rabbit's foot doesnt improve my luck, and a black cat doesn't hurt it.

sovietchild

Don't get me wrong...I use the word 'lucky' all the time. I play and follow a lot of sports.

But ultimately, the 'lucky' goal is reduced to physics. the ball struck with the wrong part of the boot slicing past a keeper, for example.

Luck, in and of itself, doesn't exist. people are not inherently lucky or unlucky. A rabbit's foot doesnt improve my luck, and a black cat doesn't hurt it.

So, the opposite of skill is not luck, its stupidity.

You know alot of great songs were made by accidents (luck). And a lot of good answers and good topics I found here on forum were by accident. :confused:

Playing stupid sometimes wins huh?

MD

qualiaphile
I had a roommate few months ago, she worked at the massage parlor. The massage they gave was pretty good, a bit expensive for me though. The lobby room of the massage parlor was decorated with idols, and the idols were decorated with flowers, candles, food and incenses. One day I saw her preparing to go to work and I noticed there was a toy (remote control car toy) sticking out of the bag. I asked her “Did someone had a baby?”, she said “No, this is for a baby spirit.” I said “Baby spirit?” she said “Yes, we believe in baby spirits, we believe they can bring us more customers.” I was shocked to hear that. The first thing that popped in my mind was that psychology class that I took in high school, it taught me that there is no such a thing as bad luck, there is only skill and luck.

So, what is wrong with those people who worship spirits? Why would anyone would want to worship spirits in order to get more customers? There are many massage parlors out there that are highly skilled, and have many customers coming in and out. Are they afraid of going out of business or something? What kind of a business strategy is this? It reminds me bit of a schizotypal personality disorder (SPD) where they appraise themselves with paranormal abilities but instead of appraising themselves they appraise the spirits. What do you think?

Wait you live with a girl and you're writing all these topics, isn't that like haram or something?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Not interested in what someone else thinks. Who is this Adeeb? Why is he the authority of things about God? How is he more authority of what I know than I know myself? Videos by other people don't answer the questions I'm asking you. You should answer yourself.

And how does it answer: If All things are All things, then there can't be any other things outside of those All things. If God is All. Then there isn't anything outside God.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So, the opposite of skill is not luck, its stupidity.

You know alot of great songs were made by accidents (luck). And a lot of good answers and good topics I found here on forum were by accident. :confused:

Playing stupid sometimes wins huh?

Yep. Hardest shot to deal with in tennis is often a mi****.

Reggie Miller

I had a roommate few months ago, she worked at the massage parlor. The massage they gave was pretty good, a bit expensive for me though. The lobby room of the massage parlor was decorated with idols, and the idols were decorated with flowers, candles, food and incenses. One day I saw her preparing to go to work and I noticed there was a toy (remote control car toy) sticking out of the bag. I asked her “Did someone had a baby?”, she said “No, this is for a baby spirit.” I said “Baby spirit?” she said “Yes, we believe in baby spirits, we believe they can bring us more customers.” I was shocked to hear that. The first thing that popped in my mind was that psychology class that I took in high school, it taught me that there is no such a thing as bad luck, there is only skill and luck.

So, what is wrong with those people who worship spirits? Why would anyone would want to worship spirits in order to get more customers? There are many massage parlors out there that are highly skilled, and have many customers coming in and out. Are they afraid of going out of business or something? What kind of a business strategy is this? It reminds me bit of a schizotypal personality disorder (SPD) where they appraise themselves with paranormal abilities but instead of appraising themselves they appraise the spirits. What do you think?

This chick - did she get into a car wreck recently or was she beaten severely about the head as a child?