• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who worship spirits?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I vote for Vinayaka to learn Tamil. If a majority agree with me then you have to do it @Vinayaka.
Yes, I tried once. It was with a kids class, not an adult class, and the kids were 20 times quicker than me to pick it up ... 3 -year-olds. So, no. That side of my brain ran into too many trees back on the farm. Any friends who've tried to teach me even a few phrases end up laughing at my inept pronunciation.

Kirran

Premium Member
Yes, I tried once. It was with a kids class, not an adult class, and the kids were 20 times quicker than me to pick it up ... 3 -year-olds. So, no. That side of my brain ran into too many trees back on the farm. Any friends who've tried to teach me even a few phrases end up laughing at my inept pronunciation.

I am sure you will agree that if the majority votes for you to do it, you will have no choice but to persevere? Democracy, after all.

If this works, then we can try and get Jainarayan to learn Uzbek :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am sure you will agree that if the majority votes for you to do it, you will have no choice but to persevere? Democracy, after all.

As long as you guys agree to the private lessons. Two hours a day at least for the next 28 years. It took me 6 years to get Vannakkam and Nandri right.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The Hidden One is The Giver of Life and The Taker of Life. He is The Doer of Good. The Hidden One is The Knower of All. Spirits are created and they are not the makers of order or the makers of beauty.

You know something is real when it warrants arbitrary capitalization.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I had a roommate few months ago, she worked at the massage parlor. The massage they gave was pretty good, a bit expensive for me though. The lobby room of the massage parlor was decorated with idols, and the idols were decorated with flowers, candles, food and incenses. One day I saw her preparing to go to work and I noticed there was a toy (remote control car toy) sticking out of the bag. I asked her “Did someone had a baby?”, she said “No, this is for a baby spirit.” I said “Baby spirit?” she said “Yes, we believe in baby spirits, we believe they can bring us more customers.” I was shocked to hear that. The first thing that popped in my mind was that psychology class that I took in high school, it taught me that there is no such a thing as bad luck, there is only skill and luck.

So, what is wrong with those people who worship spirits? Why would anyone would want to worship spirits in order to get more customers? There are many massage parlors out there that are highly skilled, and have many customers coming in and out. Are they afraid of going out of business or something? What kind of a business strategy is this? It reminds me bit of a schizotypal personality disorder (SPD) where they appraise themselves with paranormal abilities but instead of appraising themselves they appraise the spirits. What do you think?

I think I've been to that massage parlor.

That wasn't my baby spirit.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In every language :O Go on, swear at me in Welsh! I bet RF hasn't blocked it.

Hey can we swear in Spanish on here? Este sitio web es la raja... (EDIT: Well, in Chilean dialect we can anyway)

It probably depends. We use the words pendejo, que se joda and puñeta rather freely at home. My father-in-law used to say to my m-i-l, when she wouldn't shut up "Gladys! callate, puñeta!" And no child would do anything you asked unless you ended your sentence with a sharp "puñeta!"

Kirran

Premium Member
Does Welsh have long words like Wales has long-named towns?

Welsh does have long words like Welsh has long-named towns. As in, there are like a handful of words that are long, as there are a handful of towns with long names. :D

As long as you guys agree to the private lessons. Two hours a day at least for the next 28 years. It took me 6 years to get Vannakkam and Nandri right.

Ah, well that's two thirds of my Tamil vocabulary already! (Except stuff from bhajans)

Do you know 'Summa iru' also? If so, that's all I've got.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

ooh, that will be a tough one. A Turkic language... all that agglutination and vowel harmony!? :confused:

Reggie Miller

I had a roommate few months ago, she worked at the massage parlor. The massage they gave was pretty good, a bit expensive for me though. The lobby room of the massage parlor was decorated with idols, and the idols were decorated with flowers, candles, food and incenses. One day I saw her preparing to go to work and I noticed there was a toy (remote control car toy) sticking out of the bag. I asked her “Did someone had a baby?”, she said “No, this is for a baby spirit.” I said “Baby spirit?” she said “Yes, we believe in baby spirits, we believe they can bring us more customers.” I was shocked to hear that. The first thing that popped in my mind was that psychology class that I took in high school, it taught me that there is no such a thing as bad luck, there is only skill and luck.

So, what is wrong with those people who worship spirits? Why would anyone would want to worship spirits in order to get more customers? There are many massage parlors out there that are highly skilled, and have many customers coming in and out. Are they afraid of going out of business or something? What kind of a business strategy is this? It reminds me bit of a schizotypal personality disorder (SPD) where they appraise themselves with paranormal abilities but instead of appraising themselves they appraise the spirits. What do you think?

Deuteronomy 13:1-5

Kirran

Premium Member
It probably depends. We use the words pendejo, que se joda and puñeta rather freely at home. My father-in-law used to say to my m-i-l, when she wouldn't shut up "Gladys! callate, puñeta!" And no child would do anything you asked unless you ended your sentence with a sharp "puñeta!"

Your family's Hispanophone? Or is this your husband's family?

ooh, that will be a tough one. A Turkic language... all that agglutination and vowel harmony!? :confused:

Hey, if you complain too much I'll switch it to Uyghur. Yeah!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Your family's Hispanophone? Or is this your husband's family?

His. I'm Italian-American. I picked up a Puerto Rican accent from them.

Hey, if you complain too much I'll switch it to Uyghur. Yeah!

No fair, that's Turkic too! :(

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Welsh does have long words like Welsh has long-named towns. As in, there are like a handful of words that are long, as there are a handful of towns with long names. :D

Ah, well that's two thirds of my Tamil vocabulary already! (Except stuff from bhajans)

Do you know 'Summa iru' also? If so, that's all I've got.
Yes, and Appa, Amma, Appappa, Ammappa, Appamma, and Ammamma, Thambi, Akka, Tungachi, koyil, and a few more.