• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who eat excessively??

sovietchild

What is wrong with those people who eat excessively?

Prophet Luqman once said to his son: “O my son! If the stomach is full, one’s mental processes go to sleep, one’s wisdom is dulled, and one’s limbs refrain from worship.”

A man burped in the presence of the Prophet Muhammad and he said: “Keep your burps away from us, for the one who eats his fill the most in this world will be hungry for the longest time on the Day of Resurrection."

The Prophet Muhammad said: “The child of Adam fills no vessel worse than his stomach. Sufficient for the child of Adam are a few morsels to keep his back straight. If he must eat more, then a third should be for his food, a third for his drink, and a third left for air.”

“Eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess.” [Sûrah al-A`râf: 31]

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Keep your burps away from us
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What is wrong with those people who eat excessively?

Prophet Luqman once said to his son: “O my son! If the stomach is full, one’s mental processes go to sleep, one’s wisdom is dulled, and one’s limbs refrain from worship.”

It must be indeed frustrating when you want to worship, while your mental processes are asleep and your wisdom is dulled, but the limbs do not react.

At least we can infer that people still want to worship while their mental processes are asleep and their wisdom is dulled. It is just a problem of limbs.

Which does not bode well for the rationality required for wanting to worship, in general.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Gods, your prophet was a depressing person.
He was just pissed cause Aisha left the food out so that the animals ate it.

"Usama said, "Keep your wife, as we know nothing about her except good." Buraira said, "I cannot accuse her of any defect except that she is still a young girl who sleeps, neglecting her family's dough which the domestic goats come to eat."
Sahih Bukhari 3:48:805