• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who dress to look sexy?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Lots of cultures have purity rituals associated with women's menstruation. Such rituals and surrounding beliefs that menstrual blood is impure are nothing specific to Islam. Study Joseph Campbell. Study anthropology.
I see, but they still have these backward unscientific beliefs today, what gives ?.

Sakeenah

I believe that Mohammad hated women, he feared them and despised them.

Muslim Women are Dirty Polluting Creatures

The Quran:

• Sura (2:222) “They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean.”
  • Sura 4:43 “Muslims, draw not near unto prayer…(if) ye have touched women…then go to high clean soil and rub your face and your hands.” (Muslim women are pariahs and dirty).”
  • Sura (5:6) - "...if ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it."
Women are polluting. Men purify themselves following a casual contact with a woman.

These verses aren't saying that women are dirty or polluting but I have to say your interpretation is very creative.

- 2:222 is referring to that the husband and wife can't have intercourse during the menstrual cyle because the blood is seen as impure not the woman.

- 4:43 As you can see it clearly says " muslims" meaning muslim men and women can't pray in a state of impurity. The impurity this verse is referring to is after a wife and husband have been intimate. To be able to pray after sexual intercourse husband and wife have to take a shower( alone or together whatever they prefer)

- 5:6 Is also referring to the ritual shower after intercourse and this ruling is for both men and women.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
These verses aren't saying that women are dirty or polluting but I have to say your interpretation is very creative.

- 2:222 is referring to that the husband and wife can't have intercourse during the menstrual cyle because the blood is seen as impure not the woman.

- 4:43 As you can see it clearly says " muslims" meaning muslim men and women can't pray in a state of impurity. The impurity this verse is referring to is after a wife and husband have been intimate. To be able to pray after sexual intercourse husband and wife have to take a shower( alone or together whatever they prefer)

- 5:6 Is also referring to the ritual shower after intercourse and this ruling is for both men and women.
I suppose you would not agree with these verses, and I understand that, but there are hundreds more that I can show you, maybe I'll make a thread on it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
An example of something silly in the bible, but not practiced today.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord."

David1967

Premium Member
An example of something silly in the bible, but not practiced today.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the Lord."

Talk about adding insult to injury. As if an injury such as this wasn't bad enough in itself, god wouldn't even like them. :confused:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's not that we don't understand what he's saying, dude! We are just challenging his points.
I knew you understood him ;)

You are challenging/reality that erotic clothing is attractive sexual ?

Or challenging that in public area, erotic clothing is could be seen as unacceptable,(except some place like clubs or beaches) ?

I see two problems. One, if it is obvious that a woman, and not often a man, is wearing clothes that are intended to look sexually inviting, I am suspicious that she is a manipulative person who implies sexual invitation to someone who will do something she wants someone to do when she is not entitled to have it done for her. A classic example is the Sports Illustrated models who are suggesting sexual opportunities to those who are contemplating buying that magazine so that they will but the beer, soda, fashion clothes, and other questionable junk they are trying to sell. This may not always be the case, but it calls for caution. Second, it is very difficult to determine what kind of clothing is intended to communicate a sexual invitation to strangers, the business suit being defined as sexy is a perfect example. Even nudity is not necessarily a sexual invitation in recreational contexts.

sovietchild

What is wrong with people who quote 7th-century words and writings from the Arabian Peninsula and insist on applying them to the whole world of 2017?

What do you think?

CT9x0qGWEAEK19a.png

A quote from 300BC

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you think?

CT9x0qGWEAEK19a.png

A quote from 300BC
That quote isn't from 300BC. It's a quote commonly mistakenly attributed to Aristotle. It's actually from a novel from the 1900s by Elbert Hubbard.
Maybe it's not always a good idea to quote from the Internet lazily?

Kelly of the Phoenix

“In the future, women will be naked in spite of wearing dresses.
In the future? I guess Muhammad never saw what ancient Egyptians looked like?

Why would a wife leave the house in the sexy clothing?
Because she feels like it.

Sometimes I even see little children age 8 imitating those people, wearing tight yoga pants or short dresses.
This is the only part of the post where I will agree with you. Adults, on the other hand, only really need to be dressed enough to not be a health problem in public areas.

That is true, and I think really highlights the point that people don't know what makes themselves attractive to other people, or even if they are attractive.
My brother "let himself go" to distance himself from love, as he feels he'll never get it. I did too. However, it turns out that by not shaving and being overweight, he became a bear and was rather popular both in Las Vegas and New Orleans. :p

There's always a market ...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am suspicious that she is a manipulative person who implies sexual invitation to someone who will do something she wants someone to do when she is not entitled to have it done for her.
I am suspicious of anyone who is suspicious of a woman who takes power over her own sexuality and uses it for her pleasure and delight and rather that of men. Some women are like that, but so are some men.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Mother nature is one hot and sexy lady. Which i suppose will lead to a thread "whats wrong with those people who find nature sexy? ".

Nothing - until or unless they bring a tree home to meet the folks.