• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who defame Jesus and Mary?

sovietchild

Jesus and Mary walked this earth and consumed energy like regular people. Does God need to eat? I don’t think so.

What is wrong with those people who defame Jesus and Mary? Those people produce paintings of Jesus and Mary holding a crucifixion cross in their hands, or wearing crucifixion crosses around their necks. This never happened. This can cause injury to religion of Abraham. Jesus and Mary never promoted any crosses in their lifetime. Production of crucifixion crosses started centuries after Mary passed away anyways. In modern day its like having an electric chair on the top of the church.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You're not going to be satisfied until the entire world is Islamic are you? This Christianophobia is becoming old. Are you against symbolic art? Are you aware that there are early depictions of Muhammad, only to have the faces scrubbed out by later Muslims? So I guess it was O.K. to draw Muhammad back in the day.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Jesus and Mary walked this earth and consumed energy like regular people. Does God need to eat? I don’t think so.

What is wrong with those people who defame Jesus and Mary? Those people produce paintings of Jesus and Mary holding a crucifixion cross in their hands, or wearing crucifixion crosses around their necks. This never happened. This can cause injury to religion of Abraham. Jesus and Mary never promoted any crosses in their lifetime. Production of crucifixion crosses started centuries after Mary passed away anyways. In modern day its like having an electric chair on the top of the church.

I agree with you on this one.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This can cause injury to religion of Abraham.

Someone call the medics!

m60540227_400x200-ERV-icon.jpg

Oops... there's a cross there. Sorry...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

What is wrong with people who defame Jesus and Mary by saying they're mere humans and not a part of the divine Trinity?

Hey, that question is a two-way street, you know.

(I don't believe in the Christian or Islamic narrative regarding Jesus and Mary, but your question looks loaded and inconsistent from the perspective of someone who doesn't have religiously inspired beliefs about either person.)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
What is wrong with people who defame Jesus and Mary by saying they're mere humans and not a part of the divine Trinity?

Hey, that question is a two-way street, you know.

(I don't believe in the Christian or Islamic narrative regarding Jesus and Mary, but your question looks loaded and inconsistent from the perspective of someone who doesn't have religiously inspired beliefs about either person.)

Not quite.

Jesus never said he was God, part of any trinity, etc.

There is no virgin birth prophecy, - they misunderstood Isaiah.

That is all added on by later people.

You're not going to be satisfied until the entire world is Islamic are you? This Christianophobia is becoming old. Are you against symbolic art? Are you aware that there are early depictions of Muhammad, only to have the faces scrubbed out by later Muslims? So I guess it was O.K. to draw Muhammad back in the day.
And we don't even know that this person is a Muslim. One problem with the Internet is that it's very easy for persons to pretend to be someone they aren't.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I don't even believe in Jesus' literal existence, but the idea that deifying him amounts to "defamation" is certainly odd.

I tried!

I believe it is because Jesus would have been a Jewish teacher, of Tanakh.

There is no other deity - trinity - for the Jews in Tanakh.

Thus Christians are calling him a BAD Jew, - saying he was teaching error, - which he didn't actually teach.

Defamation of character.

Now I'm done. :p

sovietchild

I tried!

I believe it is because Jesus would have been a Jewish teacher, of Tanakh.

There is no other deity - trinity - for the Jews in Tanakh.

Thus Christians are calling him a BAD Jew, - saying he was teaching error, - which he didn't actually teach.

Defamation of character.

Yes, it can cause an injury to Jesus and Mary character. People will start not liking them because what people said about them.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Hypocrisy never goes out of style. It's sort of like following the same pattern as phylacteries. God said "tie a string around your finger to remind you of the 10 commandments. So they wear their "phylacteries long" in order to look religious. Then the Son of God said, "pick up your cross and follow me", so the people picked up a cross at the nearest merchandiser and hung it on their neck.

sovietchild

Hypocrisy never goes out of style. It's sort of like following the same pattern as phylacteries. God said "tie a string around your finger to remind you of the 10 commandments. So they wear their "phylacteries long" in order to look religious. Then the Son of God said, "pick up your cross and follow me", so the people picked up a cross at the nearest merchandiser and hung it on their neck.

During the first two centuries of Christianity, the cross was rare in Christian iconography, as it depicts a purposely painful and gruesome method of public execution and Christians were reluctant to use it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You have absolutely no idea about tefillin. Stop spouting anti-Semitic garbage.

It's fulfilling this verse:

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. Take to heart these instructions with which I charge you this day. Impress them upon your children. Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up. Bind them as a sign on your hand and let them serve as a frontlet between your eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:5-8).

This is expanded upon in the Talmud.

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
During the first two centuries of Christianity, the cross was rare in Christian iconography, as it depicts a purposely painful and gruesome method of public execution and Christians were reluctant to use it.

So you say, but they realized Christ came here to be crucified and drank wine which represented his blood, and ate bread which represented his broken body. I have no problem believing wearing a cross was a very early part of Christian practice.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You have absolutely no idea about tefillin. Stop spouting anti-Semitic garbage.

It's fulfilling this verse:
"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. Take to heart these instructions with which I charge you this day. Impress them upon your children. Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up. Bind them as a sign on your hand and let them serve as a frontlet between your eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:5-8).

This is expanded upon in the Talmud.

Jesus said it and he was a Jew. So how is that anti-semitic?

Matt 23:5 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
…They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. All theirdeeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues,…

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member