• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who believe it is okay to marry prepubescent children? :(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"An eight-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding on her wedding night after marrying a man five times her age"
Yemeni child bride, eight, 'dies on wedding night'

Why do these people approve of such shameful behavior and why are there no laws to protect children from these sick pedophiles??

th

psychoslice

Veteran Member
They hide behind their religion, and find anything within their religion to get away with what they truly are trying to hide, so if your a pedophile, it would be a good way of getting away with it and not looking bad to others, well that's what I think.

Kelly of the Phoenix

From here, a food for thought:

In ancient Israel, girls married in their teens, even early teens. [2] For Mary to be betrothed (engaged) but not yet formally married, yet old enough to have and nurse the Messiah, she would have been 12-14. The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible points out, “It appears that both boys and girls were married very young. Later [after the New Testament period] the rabbis fixed the minimum age for marriage at twelve for girls and thirteen for boys.” [3]

Notanumber

A Free Man
They hide behind their religion, and find anything within their religion to get away with what they truly are trying to hide, so if your a pedophile, it would be a good way of getting away with it and not looking bad to others, well that's what I think.

They keep telling us that vast numbers are converting to Islam, could that be the reason why?

Kelly of the Phoenix

Tweens, I thought, were prepubescent. At any rate, no, I don't like it. However, given that I can't change the past, all I can do is not be hypocritical as my own religion was most likely founded in part due to it and all we can really do is make marriageable age 18 or something all across the board.

meghanwaterlillies

And wasn't the kid that provoked people into social fights because I needed someone to fight with. lol Sooo Beefy.

Last edited:

sovietchild

That's sick.
We should grow up and allow for love.
Maybe we should make a new form of islam.
Some kickass "prophet." Not really a prophet just justice.
But do I believe in forgiveness.

I would guess there is about 0.00004% of total muslims actually practice this. What do you think?

sovietchild

" .. in 1396, Richard II of England was joined in marriage to young Isabel of France, who had been 7 years old when their engagement was announced the previous year in Paris. Not only was there no uproar; there was considerable happiness expressed over the assumed probability that this marriage would end the Hundred Years War then in one of its periodic states of truce between the two kingdoms. Peace was to be ensured by joining together this man and this little girl in marriage.

Culture of child marriage in medieval Europe

sovietchild

Islamic tradition states that Aisha was either six or seven years old when she married Muhammad. Aisha bint Abi Bakr is believed to have married the prophet in 619, when Muhammad would have been around 49 years old. The marriage was not consummated until several years later, when the girl was 10. She stayed married to the religious leader until his death, in 632.

The marriage was seen to have political benefits as Aisha was the daughter of Abdullah ibn Abi Quhafa, better known as Abu Bakr; he was a friend of Muhammad and came from a wealthy family.

5 of the World's Youngest Brides
modify_inline.gif

meghanwaterlillies

" .. in 1396, Richard II of England was joined in marriage to young Isabel of France, who had been 7 years old when their engagement was announced the previous year in Paris. Not only was there no uproar; there was considerable happiness expressed over the assumed probability that this marriage would end the Hundred Years War then in one of its periodic states of truce between the two kingdoms. Peace was to be ensured by joining together this man and this little girl in marriage.

Culture of child marriage in medieval Europe
ROAR