• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with smashing the idols?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What is wrong with smashing the idols?

The human hands who erect the idols, can't those hand undo them? What restrictions on them and why? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
But why should be one superstitious.
You missed the point of the video, it seems. If you destroy my idols, you do no harm to the Gods because the idols are not the Gods. Yet they are artwork that I created, and such an action is fully understood as an attack on my Gods, my beliefs, and the destruction of something that I did in love and worship of those Gods. It is grossly disrespectful.
I am not saying that I will destroy any idols. Right? Please
I am giving reasons and arguments that the hands who make them should not resort doing that. It is superstitious and accrues no benefit whatsoever to one from one. Please
Regards

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What is the benefit of worship?

What is the benefit of Yoga?

*Praying.jpg

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
But why should be one superstitious.
Superstition to you is faith to another.

I am giving reasons and arguments that the hands who make them should not resort doing that. It is superstitious and accrues no benefit whatsoever to one from one.
To you. Just because you see no use doesn't mean it's not there. I ask you as well: what is the point of worship?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey I'm sorry to trouble you, but I prefer if you can answer my question. Do you or not recognize that prophet Muhammad destroyed idols?
All Hadith or Serah narrations should be understood from the Quran. First find a verse that pertains to it.
The Hadith and Serah books were compiled 250/300 years after Muhammad. Only Quran existed in the times of Muhammad, that is the only source of Muhammad and his times.
I follow Muhammad, not the compilers of Hadith or Serah books.
First find a verse that pertains to it, and the answer will be in its context verses. Please
Regards

P.S. One may like to read post #147 it may have a clue to it.

sovietchild

All Hadith or Serah narrations should be understood from the Quran. First find a verse that pertains to it.
The Hadith and Serah books were compiled 250/300 years after Muhammad. Only Quran existed in the times of Muhammad, that is the only source of Muhammad and his times.
I follow Muhammad, not the compilers of Hadith or Serah books.
First find a verse that pertains to it, and the answer will be in its context verses. Please
Regards

P.S. One may like to read post #147 it may have a clue to it.

I'm sorry to trouble you but I prefer If you can give me a straight forward answer. Do or not recognize that prophet Muhammad destroyed idols? If you do not then what happened to all the idols?

You've still got another question to answer, soviet.

Can you make your question more simpler for me to understand it?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Aye, you think I'm being funny, but when Islam comes knocking for sympathy and support, don't expect me to give any. You've given a very poor show here.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to trouble you but I prefer If you can give me a straight forward answer. Do or not recognize that prophet Muhammad destroyed idols? If you do not then what happened to all the idols?

The Meccans banked on the idols while they attacked Medina aggressively, they prayed to their idols for help. Muhammad always gave them reasonable arguments for believing in One-God who is the real helper against the worship of the idols. They refused to listen the arguments and continued their aggression. With the most minimum loss of human beings and without any destruction of the properties Muhammad while defending himself for co-existence, did win before their own eyes .
Now, they realized that they were wrong, so the Meccans who previously worshiped the idols, themselves broke them, they wanted the idols no more. They were to worship One-God, henceforth, whole-heartedly.
Right?Please
Regards