• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with smashing the idols?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why we have only persecution news from India?
Muslims invaded many lands and their ruling were a blessing to the people
whom were actually oppressed by their own rulers.
Ignoring Posts that have already addressed and refuted this point will do you no good.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Islamic rule was somehow better in any regards than the kingdoms and empires they conquered, may they be Persia, Eastern Roman Empire or Indian kingdoms.

Kirran

Premium Member
What kind of oppression and what facts you have?

One example is in Iran, where being a Baha'i is illegal, where all non-Muslims are restricted from positions of authority, even over their own faith schools and where anyone who becomes a member of another religion from a Muslim background is subject to the death penalty. A Persian friend of mine I lived with in East England last year was seeking asylum in the UK because of this - he was 17.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
One example is in Iran, where being a Baha'i is illegal, where all non-Muslims are restricted from positions of authority, even over their own faith schools and where anyone who becomes a member of another religion from a Muslim background is subject to the death penalty. A Persian friend of mine I lived with in East England last year was seeking asylum in the UK because of this - he was 17.

Why Bahai? There are Jews living peacefully in Iran?

Kirran

Premium Member
Why Bahai? There are Jews living peacefully in Iran?

Baha'i are fiercely and cruelly persecuted. Worse than Muslims are in any country in the world.

There is a sad remnant of the Persian Jewish population, and they are subject to extensive legal restrictions, as are all those of minority religions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No community is immunized, see for example what Trump is doing, he created
the hatred between the Mexicans and the Americans and between Muslims and
the Americans and he'll still go further and further with it.

An attempt at obsfucation. What you say is true, but it is also running away from the blatant facts that I mentioned.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Baha'i are fiercely and cruelly persecuted. Worse than Muslims are in any country in the world.

There is a sad remnant of the Persian Jewish population, and they are subject to extensive legal restrictions, as are all those of minority religions.

And how they're still existing?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ignoring Posts that have already addressed and refuted this point will do you no good.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Islamic rule was somehow better in any regards than the kingdoms and empires they conquered, may they be Persia, Eastern Roman Empire or Indian kingdoms.
Oh Jeez. Since it took hundreds of years to throw off their Muslim masters OBVIOUSLY it was because they were so well liked. DUH!

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In the same way Muslims still exist in countries where they are persecuted. Persecution is not annihilation.

I think you claimed that Islam was spread by the sword, so how other religions are
still existing in the region?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you claimed that Islam was spread by the sword, so how other religions are
still existing in the region?
If you have failed to notice, jews existed and continue to exist in Europe despite over 2000 years of near continuous persecution by Rome and later the Christian kingdoms and states. When people are convinced about the right of their belief they will persevere despite all persecution.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If you have failed to notice, jews existed and continue to exist in Europe despite over 2000 years of near continuous persecution by Rome and later the Christian kingdoms and states. When people are convinced about the right of their belief they will persevere despite all persecution.

Which means that the others weren't convinced, so the theory of forced by the sword failed.