• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with raiding the caravans?

sovietchild

Some users of this forum paint Prophet Muhammad as a thief or a hypocrite, because he raided the caravans which belonged to Mecca pagans.

What is wrong with raiding the caravans which belong to people who constantly beat your people, robbed your people and murdered your people?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What is wrong with raiding the caravans which belong to people who constantly beat your people, robbed your people and murdered your people?
Were our responses in your other thread not enough for you?

No, they weren't, because you've already made the decision that the sun shined out of Muhammad's behind and everything he did was golden.

Nothing we say is going to convince you otherwise.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
Some users of this forum paint Prophet Muhammad as a thief or a hypocrite, because he raided the caravans which belonged to Mecca pagans.

I make no such judgment regarding Muhammad. I don't think we can make a judgment on this by todays standards any more than we can make a judgment concerning the brutal things that Moses or Joshua did toward the Canaanites of their time by todays standards. Those were very different times than today.

sovietchild

I make no such judgment regarding Muhammad. I don't think we can make a judgment on this by todays standards any more than we can make a judgment concerning the brutal things that Moses or Joshua did toward the Canaanites of their time by todays standards. Those were very different times than today.

I agree. Different times. Back then Arabia was nothing but land of Arab tribes. Right? Please.
Regards.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The difference is that Muslims view Muhammad as the ultimate moral example and try to follow his sunnah in every aspect of life. That basically means bringing 7th c. behaviours into 2017.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
I agree. Different times. Back then Arabia was nothing but land of Arab tribes. Right? Please.
Regards.

I'm no historian on the Arab lands of Mohamed's time . You would know much more of that history, no doubt. But yes. Different time, different issues between people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is anyone else convinced that sovietchild is Paarsurrey at this point? Or is he just copying Paarsurrey? Right? Please.
Regards.

sovietchild

Exactly, if we cannot judge him by 21st century standards than neither should we seek to bring his warped 7th century morality into the 21st century.

What is wrong with Prophet Muhammad morality? He was known for honesty.

Prophet Muhammad once said, "feed the hungry, visit the sick and free the captive".

sovietchild

"The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry." - Prophet Muhammad

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Nothing, as long as you don't mind feeding an ever-widening cycle of mutual violence. Absolutely nothing.

What is wrong with Prophet Muhammad morality? He was known for honesty.

Prophet Muhammad once said, "feed the hungry, visit the sick and free the captive".

Do you truly want an answer? I don't think it is that hard to find one if you do.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What is wrong with Prophet Muhammad's morality?

Allll right then.

It was bloodthirsty. It used monotheism as an excuse for violence and disregard towards other people.

Perhaps worst of all, it relied on supposed divine assurance of eternal validity in order to cristalize tribalistic moral parameters, effectively forbiding Islaam from ever learning better. At this poin in history that is a grave flaw.

Prophet Muhammad was one of the best merchants around at the time. Prophet Muhammad chose to be a merchant because the merchant is the most beneficial human being in society. Everything we use in daily life is from commerce; chairs, clothes, glasses, medication … So all what is beneficial to the material well-being of people is from commerce.
Good for him.