• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with Islam?

sovietchild

If you don't want to read Quran then don't do It, It's only a reminder. If you don't want to pray 5 times a day then don't do It, It's only a recommendation. If you don't want to read Islamic books then you don't have to do It, It's only a motivation. A motivation for you to remember The Creator.

What is wrong with Islam? Now days there is a lot of criticism about Islamic religion. Terrorist this and terrorist that. There is 0.007% chance that I am a terrorist. Life is a gamble.

I met a soldier at the gym. This is what he tolled me: "When I was in Iraq I looked at the thermometer and It was 150 degrees F, no wonder why those people are so aggressive."

Hot temperatures increase aggression by directly increasing feelings of hostility and indirectly increasing aggressive thoughts.

If you add hot weather with people coming to your nation for oil. What will the outcome be?

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
If you don't want to read Quran then don't do It, It's only a reminder. If you don't want to pray 5 times a day then don't do It, It's only a recommendation. If you don't want to read Islamic books then you don't have to do It, It's only a motivation. A motivation for you to remember The Creator.

What is wrong with Islam? Now days there is a lot criticism about Islamic religion. Terrorist this and terrorist that. There is 0.007% chance that I am terrorist. 99.994% chance that next Muslim you see is a terrorist. Life is a gamble.

I met a guy at the gym, he is a soldier. This is what he tolled me: "When I was in Iraq I looked at the thermometer and It was 150 degrees F, no wonder why those people are so aggressive."

Hot temperatures increase aggression by directly increasing feelings of hostility and indirectly increasing aggressive thoughts.

If you add hot weather with people coming to your nation for oil. What will the outcome be?

What about the Vikings?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If you don't want to read Islamic books then you don't have to do It, It's only a motivation. A motivation for you to remember The Creator.

It is actually a good idea. It is so easy to forget him, with everything we have to do today. Children, work, and all that. Difficult to find time for the supreme creator. Life has become so busy that it is very easy to forget that we have been created by a supreme being in heaven.

But maybe nowdays there are apps. You know, some sort of programmable reminder that we have been created. Something that pings us everyday with something like "you have been created by a supreme being in heaven, do not forget that!".

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Hmm, massive exploitation by foreign agencies has also occurred in countries with similar ambient temperatures as terrorism-prone areas of the Middle East, such as Panama, Guatemala, Venezuela, Florida, Northern Australia and Andalucia.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

What is wrong with Islam? Now days there is a lot criticism about Islamic religion. Terrorist this and terrorist that. There is 0.007% chance that I am terrorist. 99.994% chance that next Muslim you see is a terrorist. Life is a gamble.

I met a guy at the gym, he is a soldier. This is what he tolled me: "When I was in Iraq I looked at the thermometer and It was 150 degrees F, no wonder why those people are so aggressive."

Its followers make grandiose claims of it being a perfect religion, everyone is born a Muslim etc, then start shouting down anybody who points any one of its numerous flaws as being Islamophobic, racist etc. There's a flaw right there: as a system, Islam is extremely adverse to criticism.

Laika

Premium Member

What is wrong with Islam? Now days there is a lot criticism about Islamic religion. Terrorist this and terrorist that. There is 0.007% chance that I am terrorist. Life is a gamble.

I have no personal problems with either Islam or Muslims anymore than I with any adherent of any other religion as potentially false belief and a intellectual rationalisation of the oppression and exploitation by a ruling class as natural or divinely inspired.

No muslim I have met on here or even in person has ever given me grounds to suspect there is a wider problem of such importance that I could say there is something wrong with all of Islam even if the media reports may suggest as much.

[I emphasize the word potentially as I can't prove it either way without a much deeper knowledge of its history, scripture, theology, etc, as well as greater certainty in my own beliefs.]

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Islam tends to encourage violence, tyranny, and imperialism.

Not always, among everyone. But more than any other billion + member ideological organization.
Tom

Notanumber

A Free Man
As I understand it, Islam does not want its followers to read the Quran.

Islam certainly does not want its followers to read the Quran objectively.

Islamic leaders know that the Quran cannot withstand critical scrutiny and this could lead to many leaving the faith.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

What is wrong with Islam? Now days there is a lot criticism about Islamic religion. Terrorist this and terrorist that. There is 0.007% chance that I am terrorist. Life is a gamble.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, things get murkier in reality. What's your opinion on the Danish cartoon controversy of a few years back?

Kirran

Premium Member
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, things get murkier in reality. What's your opinion on the Danish cartoon controversy of a few years back?

A minority of Muslims are terrorists, but it's also a minority that are pacifistic, in favour of free speech, respecting of women's and queer people's rights and dignity, respecting of other religions and spiritualities, not afraid of questioning and differences of opinion etc. Here's hoping that latter minority keeps growing.

But it does rather murk the issue when attackers and defenders alike focus on terrorism.

azim24

There is nothing wrong in Islam.Islam is perfect religion.
Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy - Quran:14:1
Allah , to whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And woe to the disbelievers from a severe punishment Quran 14:2
The ones who prefer the worldly life over the Hereafter and avert [people] from the way of Allah , seeking to make it (seem) deviant. Those are in extreme error. Quran 14:3
You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. 3:186
Many of the People of the Scripture wish they could turn you back to disbelief after you have believed, out of envy from themselves [even] after the truth has become clear to them. So pardon and overlook until Allah delivers His command. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent. Quran 2:109

I am so happy that Allah guide me and i am so happy i have emaan.Thanks to Allah:)

sovietchild

I am happy that you chose first to emphasize on what we both agree. As for Danish cartoon controversy, I don't know much about it. I do however know about the killings in Paris, and the truth is I'm kinda on both sides. Both are wrong.

Last edited: