• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with believing in evolution?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
God is not satisfied with people believing the truth, only that they love the truth. For those who do not love the truth there is a lie to believe in, so God blinds their eyes and gives them over to the lie. In this case, that man came from a monkey, evolution.

2 Thessalonians 2:10

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I honestly dont know.

Facts do not need to be believed in.

What's wrong believing in gravity? It's just there. No need to believe. We just know it's there.

Fact or not, these wrap up my sentiments.

What I want to know is why believers feel the rest of us need to be saved as if they know more about our reality and ourselves then we do.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Not really. Evolution might be God's way of creating life. It actually would be brilliant. If evolution was created by God, then those against are rejecting God's work.

Get's into semantics, but Dawkins and Darwin both agreed that any evolution that needs helped over the tricky parts by God, defeats the whole purpose of the theory, which was to try to account for life without God.

If we redefine evolution to only mean change, then Genesis describes evolution also..

psychoslice

Veteran Member
God is not satisfied with people believing the truth, only that they love the truth. For those who do not love the truth there is a lie to believe in, so God blinds their eyes and gives them over to the lie. In this case, that man came from a monkey, evolution.

Yes he certainly didn't come from lump of dirt.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Dirt, stardust, what's the difference?
We did in many way come from star dust, but there certainly was not a man in the sky blowing wind, whatever was within the rocks and material that formed the earth, grew when the time was favorable for it to grow, and here we are, makes much more senses to me than a daddy in the sky.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
We did in many way come from star dust, but there certainly was not a man in the sky blowing wind, whatever was within the rocks and material that formed the earth, grew when the time was favorable for it to grow, and here we are, makes much more senses to me than a daddy in the sky.
I believe God created the heaven and the earth, ultimately, only life can create life.

The other is life from non-life which isn't scientific at all, and more of a belief. What evidence do you have?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe God created the heaven and the earth, ultimately, only life can create life.

The other is life from non-life which isn't scientific at all, and more of a belief. What evidence do you have?
Who said it was life ?, there are many life forms, the whole Cosmos is One life, which I personally call the Source, and which you call God, the difference is that you make your god like yourself, in other words an idol.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

That's not what evolutionary theory teaches. Humans aren't monkeys or came from monkeys, we're apes who share a common ancestor with the other great apes.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Nothing. So long as you do not believe God had no hand in it. That's the issue.
I do not believe that the gods had/have any hand in evolution. We have a bigger hand in it than they do, we actively cause rapid evolution through selective breeding, whereas the gods have done nothing more than cheer us on (or not, I'm sure the feelings run both ways).

danieldemol

Premium Member
I personally don't know about people evolution, who knows if we ever got inbred with aliens. However, I do believe snakes came from lizards (they lost their legs because they didn't use them)
Who knows, but then one would wonder how humanoid like alien life came about.

Personally I have no problem believing in God and evolution

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum

Your cells are made of "non-life" matter. Lipids, amino acids, etc. And new cells are produced from those "non-life" things constantly in your body. So... nature is right now able to produce new life all the time from the non-living components (without God's help). Perhaps nature is God?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Do you understand that abiogenesis and evolution are two different things?

Arguing against evolution by attacking abiogenesis is like arguing against Ohm's Law by saying that it can't be right unless we know how electrons were formed.

All evolution needs is for its raw material - life - to exist in the first place. Once it does - and you do acknowledge that life exists, right? - the evolutionary mechanisms of natural selection, random mutation, and inheritance can work on it.

Arguing against evolution by arguing against abiogenesis shows a pretty deep misunderstanding of what the theory of evolution actually says.

rusra02

Premium Member
The theory of macro evolution is not based on reliable scientific evidence but rather propped up by a well orchestrated propaganda campaign, IMO.
The ToE is a repudiation of the true Christian faith, including the creation account, the ransom sacrifice, and other Bible teachings.
I believe the teachings of social Darwinism have contributed to the bloodshed, immorality, and violence that fills the earth today.