• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is This?

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
video @ top of page.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=17037&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

Some New Mexicans say it’s the weirdest thing they’ve ever seen: a creature – and that’s the best word to describe it – found on Albuquerque’s West Mesa.

To some, it’s simply intriguing. To others, it’s downright scary. The creature belongs to Robert Wheeler.

“It was found out on the West Mesa,” says Wheeler. ”A friend of mine was out there shooting and kicked it out of the dirt.”

“It looks like a gargoyle” said Wheeler’s friend Steve Garcia. “It has these sponge-like lips.”

Garcia and Wheeler say Hispanics seem most affected by the creature – and what it might be.

“[To people of] Spanish heritage, it’s the chupacabra,” says Wheeler. “The goat sucker is what they call it.”

A Google search will reveal many images of what people imagine the mythical chubacabra ranging from a demented Grinch-like beast to something more closely resembling the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Wheeler delivered the creature to a New Mexico Game and Fish office where Eyewitness News 4 shot video of it – and recorded responses from people entering the office on regular business only to see the dried corpse. They weren’t sure what to make of it.

“Any guess as to what it could be,” Eyewitness News 4’s Tom Joles asked one of the drop-ins.

“Something prehistoric, I assume,” answered the viewer.

After doing some research, Eyewitness News 4 has concluded that the creature probably lived in the ocean at one time and probably isn’t either a chupacabra or an alien. Eyewitness News 4 at 10:00 on Friday will explore what the creature may have been.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Hehe. I think it's an alient musical instrument :D. See, it's golden, and it has a mouthpiece to blow on. I bet it makes pretty music.

Seriously, though...I have no idea.

M

Majikthise

Looks like some species of crested lizard.It could explain the wingy things.:confused: Could be somebody who's really bored out in the desert.:rolleyes:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
It's a skate, which is something like a ray. The 'face' is the underside. It's been fairly heavily mutilated as well, by the look of it. I've seen several preserved specimens, however no-one who's read as much stuff about sea monsters as I have could fail to see what it was regardless. People used to see the faces and think they were mermaids; there have also been several skates/rays mutilated like this one over time to look like little people as a sideshow attraction type of thing.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm going to have to agree that it looks like a dried out skate/ray. Is there any better picture of this thing out there?

everyone has a different discription of what the 'goat-sucker' is supposed to look like. dog-like, monkey/babboon-like, grey-alien like....
lets get a solid discription of it before we start to look for bodies. ;)

wa:do

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
painted wolf said:
everyone has a different discription of what the 'goat-sucker' is supposed to look like. dog-like, monkey/babboon-like, grey-alien like....
lets get a solid discription of it before we start to look for bodies. ;)

wa:do
But wouldn't you have to find one first ? ;)
A living one would be nice .