• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is This?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I wasn't saying it's a worm particularly.
Worms are usually soft bodied. Unlike this.
It could be related to a snake. I don't know.
I don't think it's a legless lizard.
The body was like armor, and when I hit it, it popped, and there was a bit of blood.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn't saying it's a worm particularly.
Worms are usually soft bodied. Unlike this.
It could be related to a snake. I don't know.
I don't think it's a legless lizard.
The body was like armor, and when I hit it, it popped, and there was a bit of blood.
It is difficult to tell from the resolution of the video, but I think you had a small snake. The species would depend on where it is you are located. There is actually a snake called a worm snake that has three subspecies in the central eastern United States. It did not look very big in the video, and depending on your location, there are a number of small snake species as well as juvenile snakes that it might be.

After looking at the video again, its movement does remind me of a glass lizard, but it doesn't look the part as near as I can tell.

Based on your description and the video, I feel pretty confident it wasn't a large earthworm.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Notice how it seems to be probing and looking for a crevice or some way out in the first few seconds of video. I would say that is what it was doing and that makes me think vertebrate (snake/lizard) rather than worm. That and the way worms move is much different and they tend to have a tapered shape to their anterior end as they move.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Notice how it seems to be probing and looking for a crevice or some way out in the first few seconds of video. I would say that is what it was doing and that makes me think vertebrate (snake/lizard) rather than worm. That and the way worms move is much different and they tend to have a tapered shape to their anterior end as they move.
Perhaps a centipede? The legs might not show with such low resolution.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps a centipede? The legs might not show with such low resolution.
It is an interesting idea and would spark a good discussion of animal locomotion and what we can tell.

I see some of the classic motion of snakes exhibited in the video. I think the unusual motion is due to the slick tile and perhaps panic in the animal as well.