• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is thiesm?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Theism: The belief that at least one god exists.

Monotheism: Belief in one God
Polytheism: Belief in multiple gods.

It is sometimes used narrowly for "belief in a personal, active God [or gods]". If so, this excludes Deism, which does not believe in a God who answers prayers, sends prophets, and so on.

bhaktajan

Theism = Belief that there exist the coolest** person, who happens to be the Creator/First person. According to Theist School of Orthodox Hindu Scriptures: The Coolest person is known as "Bhagavan" ---the person who embodies the unlimited reservoir of All fame, All Strength, All Intelligence, All Wealth, All Beauty, & All renunciation.

[**or synonyms of Cool as per a Thesaurus]

yajvan

akṛtrima-aham-vimarśa
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Can one know this "Bhagavan" the same way I may know another? Do I know Him / Her personally or by inference and observations?

praṇām

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Theism is the belief in at least one god. Theists who believe in only one god are called monotheists, and theists who believe in more than one god are called polytheists. I myself am as a Christian am a monotheist.

Shibolet

Theism is the belief in at least one god. Theists who believe in only one god are called monotheists, and theists who believe in more than one god are called polytheists. I myself am as a Christian am a monotheist.

How can you explain being monotheist when Christians believe in a trinity of gods? Yes, because I have been told that the Father is God, the son is God, and so is the Holy Ghost. Now, if you read Isaiah 46:5, "Whom would you compare Me with as an equal or match Me against as though we were alike?" The Prophet is being pretty clear to me that God is absolutely One. "And the only Lord" as Jesus added in Mark 12:29 in answer to a question about the greatest of the commandments.