• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the strangest dream you ever had?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I have lots of weird dreams. They aren't totally insane though. Probably normal as far as dreams go, but dreams always seem weird compared to reality.

I often dream that I'm going to high school, but I haven't been in high school since 2007 and have even gone to university since then, so I don't know why I dream about it. I'll dream that I can't remember where my locker is or can't remember the combination of my lock or can't find my class.

I also dream about dead people a lot - sometimes everything is normal - sometimes it's not. Like when my grandfather died and I was seven years old, I dreamed that he, my sister, and I were playing football in our front yard and he had four arms, but everything else was normal. And then I dream about my dad all the time, and he's been dead for eight years. I dreamed a few nights ago that he and I were applying for the same job, and he was like, "I don't even really want this job," and I was like "why the hell are you applying then, *******? I do want it!"

And I dream that I'm being chased or murdered all the time - sometimes by people, and sometimes by monster-like creatures or something unknown. One of the more disturbing ones was a dream where someone was slowly crushing my skull with a large rock.

As for particularly strange dreams - Once I dreamed that some people and I were running around in a building - we were running away from something, but I didn't know what, and then a giant pterodactyl flew through one of the windows and took off with one of the people. I also sometimes dream that I am someone other than myself, which is kinda weird, maybe.

I kept a dream journal for several years but I cannot find it and so I haven't written in it for a long time. I wonder where it went...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know if it's the weirdest, but I had a strong contender the other nite.
Portions I remember....
I was somehow involved in selecting the next Queen of England.
It involved fitting several people into a box.
Their weight was a factor.
We never did finish the process.

Laika

Premium Member
What is the strangest dream you ever had? Have you ever had a dream come true?

A few days ago I dreamt that I was being chased through time distortions by killer emus. Each room I went into had a different time on the clock, only for the walls to disappear and crumble away, then for an emu to burst in, stare at me in a sinister way and then try to peck me to death.

Naturally, I had to turn the light on after I woke up as that was some truly weird ****. Not a clue what the heck that was about, but I thought it was worth adding to this thread before the Emus get me...:eek:

8754477.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A few days ago I dreamt that I was being chased through time distortions by killer emus. Each room I went into had a different time on the clock, only for the walls to disappear and crumble away, then for an emu to burst in, stare at me in a sinister way and then try to peck me to death.

Naturally, I had to turn the light on after I woke up as that was some truly weird ****. Not a clue what the heck that was about, but I thought it was worth adding to this thread before the Emus get me...:eek:

8754477.gif
Bad experience with @Mister Emu ?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member

8754477.gif
This is vile anti-emu propaganda at it's worst. We are a peaceful kind, seeking only homes and prosperity for our children.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I dreamed I was in Knoxville TN standing on top floor a tall building looking to the west. Then a super bright flash of light almost blinded me. As my vision returned (thank god) I saw mushroom cloud in the distance. It was so far away the cloud looked the size of my thumb. I dove under a thick concrete over hang waiting for the supersonic shock waves and super hot air to hit*. After the shock waves passed I made my way out of the city into the countryside in a panic. This area had been hit earlier because everything was burned. Cows were still in the field most had their fur scorched off revealing burns and wounds. Some cows had skin slothing off revealing putrid muscle and organs leaking black goo.

They were still alive in their field eating. As I got closer I was horrified to see the cows were eating the corpses of people and other farm animals....Their eyes were dark grey/black and had that awful dull blue film over them like those of dead people. The dream gets worse, but you get the idea eh?

* If it had been reality the flash would have probably burned me alive before I had the chance to dive for cover. It's the first thing to hit if one is some miles away.

; {>

Milton Platt

When I was in high school, I dreamed I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the school bus in the morning, and suddenly realized I wasn't wearing any pants. I know, weird.
Everyone should have fun psychoanalyzing that.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I was having a conversation with a friend at the front door. We went for a cigarette in the back garden. It was windy. When I woke up I wasn't sure if it was a dream or a memory.

Dantedeven

A dream within a dream within a dream.

I woke up on a sinking ship in the storm and i didn't know what was going on, it was lucid.
Then i woke up in bed and i stepped out of it, went downstairs to get something to eat, then realized it was still lucid when i fell through the stairs.
Then i woke up in bed again and tried to put on my jeans, but they flew away so i was still dreaming lucid.
Then i woke up for real in bed and thought i was dreaming, but this time i was actually awake, took me a minute to figure that out lol.

Lunarious

I dreamt the clearest dream ever and i don't dream so i remember my dreams, usually. That, i was in a Ninjutsu class, and the teacher was a female wearing a Japanese classical robe, we the students stood in line, then a baby slided down a rope and i ... think we started crawling because the baby, the star crawled, and now its a long time ago so i've forgitten it. Meaning, before you run you crawl. I didn't heed that order.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Last night I had a dream my hand lost all voluntary response and used black magic to summon a razor and it began cutting the front of my hair as I was screaming in a mirror. Not the weirdest but definitely woke me up.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Last night I had a dream my hand lost all voluntary response and used black magic to summon a razor and it began cutting the front of my hair as I was screaming in a mirror. Not the weirdest but definitely woke me up.
Shairullah I haven't seen you in a while....I'm that weird guy that made YouTube's of me talking to you... what is your Religion these days?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Shairullah I haven't seen you in a while....I'm that weird guy that made YouTube's of me talking to you... what is your Religion these days?
OMG I vaguely remember you now. I seriously thought your username wad different. I think I'm confusing you for @Wirey now.

I had too leave the forum multiple times due to depression and me turning into a volatile monster. I tried heading my own way but I can't go back to blogging and have since gone back to being an essayist.

As for religion I've ended my years as an atheist and have been a very pragmatic pagan. I was strongly interested in paganism when i left Islam years ago in case you wonder. I've since had some months of deep religious fervor and have developed seemingly Christian-like passion for God/s.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OMG I vaguely remember you now. I seriously thought your username wad different. I think I'm confusing you for @Wirey now.

I had too leave the forum multiple times due to depression and me turning into a volatile monster. I tried heading my own way but I can't go back to blogging and have since gone back to being an essayist.

As for religion I've ended my years as an atheist and have been a very pragmatic pagan. I was strongly interested in paganism when i left Islam years ago in case you wonder. I've since had some months of deep religious fervor and have developed seemingly Christian-like passion for God/s.
Yeah... depression sucks. I jumped off a building in May 2017, broke my pelvis,, ribs, arm, back, and head injury.

Anyway, that's great news that you are bonding with the gods and goddesses...may they strengthen, heal, and empower you! :)

Which gods are you devoted to?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Yeah... depression sucks. I jumped off a building in May 2017, broke my pelvis,, ribs, arm, back, and head injury.

I contemplated such things, thankfully my fascination with philosophy kept me out of such things.
Anyway, that's great news that you are bonding with the gods and goddesses...may they strengthen, heal, and empower you! :)

Which gods are you devoted to?

Anybody who has heard me ramble knows I have had a fondness toward Minerva and the pre-Islamic pantheons. Being an ex Muslim I can only be interested in what is forbidden :D. But most my worship undoubtedly goes to Minerva and Manat. I still pray in a manner very close to a Muslim since it is just habitual for me to do so.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
By "weird", I'd say completely bizarre, abstract or disturbing.

I've had a lot of strange dreams, some reoccurring since childhood. Dreams (probably like most people) are one of the things that attract me to Jung's work (along with Gnosticism).

I've had certain reoccurring dreams and images ever since I was a child. When I was about 2, I know that I almost drowned in a small pool at a trailer park. Ever since I was about 4/5 I've occasionally had drowning imagery pop up in my dreams.

Often in my dreams, I encounter things which seem to be one thing at first, then the next minute as I (figuratively) squint my eyes appears to be something else, which always polarizes me. In other situations, I'm walking around really explainable locations, I guess like in Inland Empire or Twin Peaks.

Girls that I've liked at different times always turn up to haunt me, not really in an appealing way. Sometimes there is sexual things, sometimes other-worldly, sometimes I witness something depressingly tragic.

Sometimes I get completely frightened and literally jump out of the bed to get a drink of water.

On the brighter side, sometimes I hear music in my dreams and manage to wake up in time to be able to notate is (as I'm a musician). Sometimes when I have really strange dreams (that I remember to write down when I wake up), they end up being the seed for a story, screenplay, poem or lyric, as well!

I can't say I recall ever having a "normal" or "non-weird" dream though :p

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
A very noticeable one was some years ago but I am not sure if I posted it here before but just to recap . . .

It was at night at my house and all the sudden the ground shook and these pink transparent monsters popped out the ground and began ripping people to shreds. It turns out that these monsters are aliens that had planted themselves in the ground for centuries waiting to attack. All the sudden Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Swarchenegger showed up in a red convertible at my door and we went speeding off as the time shifted to daylight. These pink gelatine monsters got on spaceships and began chasing us as all the sudden we were in Hollywood and the theme song from The Walking Dead began playing.

My perspective shifted from third person and the camera zoomed out and it was essentially the intro to a TV show in my head.

If you think this dream has movie references that is because it does. I was also not on any drugs at this moment.