• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I jumped off a three-story building onto concrete breaking multiple bones. The next scariest thing was getting caught in dam rapids and nearly drowning to death. When I reached shore I was blind from oxygen deprivation.

I can't see how a loving God could flood the world. That is like a serious war crime. Drowning is a terrifying miserable way to die.

Also, when was the last time you vomitted and it was not drug or alcohol related. I can't remember. Every time I vomitted in the past 12 years it was chemical induced.

Do you remember what you threw up? :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Scariest thing i will not say other than to say i still sometimes wake-up screaming from nightmares of the event.

Last time i vomited was only a couple of weeks ago, just after returning home from my stomach op we had a nice celebration meal, not too much, a tasty ratatouille. I began with gastroenteritis that evening. By midnight my lovely meal was coming back the way it went. One thing though, ratatouille makes very colourful vomit

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
When I was really really young, I came really close to dying from choking on a hot dog. I was so traumatized I refused to eat solid food for weeks.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It started about 54 years ago and it's still happening. I hope it continues for a while longer.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Scariest thing i will not say other than to say i still sometimes wake-up screaming from nightmares of the event.

Last time i vomited was only a couple of weeks ago, just after returning home from my stomach op we had a nice celebration meal, not too much, a tasty ratatouille. I began with gastroenteritis that evening. By midnight my lovely meal was coming back the way it went. One thing though, ratatouille makes very colourful vomit
You paint a lovely endorsement for ratatouille. Not one mentioned in the Michelin guide. Though a superb supplement to any story on personal fear. I have a similar tale regarding my GI response to opioid pain relief. Highly effective pain relief, but it appears my body does not appreciate them otherwise. Quite a spectacular response on my part. A personal best in both volume and distance. No real fear other than not knowing if it would ever end. It did.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The scariest thing that happened to me wasn't scary... to me. I was inches from being run over by a car and one of my kids that were with me really freaked out. But I didn't feel a thing. Scary... but still not. Strange thing indeed.

Ayjaydee

I jumped off a three-story building onto concrete breaking multiple bones. The next scariest thing was getting caught in dam rapids and nearly drowning to death. When I reached shore I was blind from oxygen deprivation.

I can't see how a loving God could flood the world. That is like a serious war crime. Drowning is a terrifying miserable way to die.

Also, when was the last time you vomitted and it was not drug or alcohol related. I can't remember. Every time I vomitted in the past 12 years it was chemical induced.

Do you remember what you threw up? :D
Paralysis

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Hmmm. Being beaten almost to death is right up there.

An awful drug accident that left me in agonising pain. Neuritis. Even my teeth and fingernails hurt. Immobilised, almost unconscious, for three days.

Being terrorised by the police was frightening. They stood outside my door at midnight blowing whistles.

Getting raided by ASIO was a bit stressful.

Realising that I had to wrap a Ford F150 around a large tree to avoid going over a cliff was a bit of a horror show. I had decided not to wear a seatbelt, which saved my life. The steering column went right through the driver's seat. And it was attempted murder.

But far and away my personal favourite - being almost trampled by a charging bull elephant when I was three years old. I was saved by a flying gather and forward roll by a policeman.

Oh yeah, the alien abductions. Almost every night, or at least every week, for a year in 1958. My mother reminded me when I was 30.

This is not a joke post. My life has been intense and strange.

A speeding truck came inches close to cleaning me up on a pedestrian crossing while I was already in an anxious state from alcohol withdrawals.

I swear the last thing I saw was the two guys in the cab laughing as they charged towards me; the ensuing panic attack had truck horns (auditory hallucinations) blaring in my ears and I was virtually avoiding every road I encountered as I wandered, shaking to ER.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Travelling too fast on an almost empty main road and suddenly being confronted with a car exiting a tunnel on the wrong side of the road, but fortunately having just enough space to swerve around such and miss the tunnel entrance on my motorbike. Earlier one - almost sliding off a 100m cliff when I tripped and fell as a 10 or 11-year-old, and fortunately finding a larger tuft of grass to stop myself when all others just came away in my desperate hands. :oops: