• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the rock that the church of Mount Zion is built on?

2ndpillar

What is the rock that the church of Mount Zion is built on? (Matthew 16:18). Mount Zion being "My holy mountain" (Isaiah 56:6) from which their will be "survivors" (Joe 2:32).

The “stone, a tested stone” (Isaiah 28:16) is a “costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He that believes in it will not be disturbed”. “And I will make justice the measuring-line, and righteousness the level” (Isaiah 28:17). There is only one tested stone, which would be the “Word of God” (Revelation 19:13), which is the “law and the testimonies/prophets”. The “Word of God” comes by way of the Revelation of God, which is the Spirit of prophecy. With respect to Matthew 16:18, the “petra”, the foundation stone, was not Peter/Petros, meaning small stone , but the Spirit of Revelation, petra, which means foundation stone, which revealed to Peter that Yeshua was the “anointed one”, the son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16) Yeshua was the “son of man” per (Matthew 13:37) & (Matthew 18:11), but as he did the will of God, therefore he became the son of God (Matthew 12:50). With respect to Matthew 18:11, he came to save that which was lost, in that he preached “repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”. With respect to Matthew 13:37, he will come again with his angels to gather up the tares, and burn them with “fire”. By the way, the ring of fire has become active (Alaska quake of 8.7).

On the other hand, the petros, or small stone, is what the Roman church built its church upon. That small stone, as head steward of the house of David (Isaiah 22:15), carved “a place for yourself in the rock” (Isaiah 22:16) and shamed his “master’s house”, and was “deposed”, and replaced with another , the pope, who also claims the keys . In “that day”, the “day of the LORD”, the pope will “fall”, and anyone hanging on to him will be “cut off” (Isaiah 22:25). That house, which does not heed the testimony of Yeshua, but the testimony of the “worthless shepherd”, Peter, Petros, will “fall” (Matthew 7:24-27).

The problems with the Protestants, is that “like mother, like daughter” (Ezekiel 16:44), they also have the wrong foundation to build upon. Their foundation is based upon the false prophets false gospel of grace/cross, which is to believe that Yeshua is the son of God, and you will be saved. Their house is not built using justice and righteousness per Isaiah 28:17, but one based on unmerited grace. Their “covenant of death shall be cancelled, and your pact with Sheol shall not stand” (Isaiah 28:18). There will be no “rapture”.

WalterTrull

Godfella
the “petra”, the foundation stone, was not Peter/Petros, meaning small stone , but the Spirit of Revelation, petra, which means foundation stone, which revealed to Peter that Yeshua was the “anointed one”, the son of the living God
Don't know about the other stuff, but I have long believed that revelation is the cornerstone spoken of by Jesus, - not Peter himself.

David T

Premium Member
What is the rock that the church of Mount Zion is built on? (Matthew 16:18). Mount Zion being "My holy mountain" (Isaiah 56:6) from which their will be "survivors" (Joe 2:32).

The “stone, a tested stone” (Isaiah 28:16) is a “costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He that believes in it will not be disturbed”. “And I will make justice the measuring-line, and righteousness the level” (Isaiah 28:17). There is only one tested stone, which would be the “Word of God” (Revelation 19:13), which is the “law and the testimonies/prophets”. The “Word of God” comes by way of the Revelation of God, which is the Spirit of prophecy. With respect to Matthew 16:18, the “petra”, the foundation stone, was not Peter/Petros, meaning small stone , but the Spirit of Revelation, petra, which means foundation stone, which revealed to Peter that Yeshua was the “anointed one”, the son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16) Yeshua was the “son of man” per (Matthew 13:37) & (Matthew 18:11), but as he did the will of God, therefore he became the son of God (Matthew 12:50). With respect to Matthew 18:11, he came to save that which was lost, in that he preached “repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”. With respect to Matthew 13:37, he will come again with his angels to gather up the tares, and burn them with “fire”. By the way, the ring of fire has become active (Alaska quake of 8.7).

On the other hand, the petros, or small stone, is what the Roman church built its church upon. That small stone, as head steward of the house of David (Isaiah 22:15), carved “a place for yourself in the rock” (Isaiah 22:16) and shamed his “master’s house”, and was “deposed”, and replaced with another , the pope, who also claims the keys . In “that day”, the “day of the LORD”, the pope will “fall”, and anyone hanging on to him will be “cut off” (Isaiah 22:25). That house, which does not heed the testimony of Yeshua, but the testimony of the “worthless shepherd”, Peter, Petros, will “fall” (Matthew 7:24-27).

The problems with the Protestants, is that “like mother, like daughter” (Ezekiel 16:44), they also have the wrong foundation to build upon. Their foundation is based upon the false prophets false gospel of grace/cross, which is to believe that Yeshua is the son of God, and you will be saved. Their house is not built using justice and righteousness per Isaiah 28:17, but one based on unmerited grace. Their “covenant of death shall be cancelled, and your pact with Sheol shall not stand” (Isaiah 28:18). There will be no “rapture”.
Last I checked no one understood it according to acts. As far as I can tell today its "I believe" crappy sand stone And as coequally irrelevant as I don't believe.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What is the rock that the church of Mount Zion is built on?
Petros = a small stone that can trip us up, Laid before Yeshua (Zechariah 3:9).

Chief cornerstone = a Foundation to the Controversy of Zion's meaning (Psalms 118, All Isaiah 28, Parable of Wicked Husbandman (Matthew 21:33-46, Mark 12:1-12, and Luke 20:9-19)).

Zion = a metaphor for children of Israel as a whole, and a capital place existing somewhere.

Mt Zion = the Messiah's place of existence, as it says he will speak from it (Isaiah 2:3), and will reign in it (Isaiah 24:23).

In my opinion. :innocent:

2ndpillar

Petros = a small stone that can trip us up, Laid before Yeshua (Zechariah 3:9).

Chief cornerstone = a Foundation to the Controversy of Zion's meaning (Psalms 118, All Isaiah 28, Parable of Wicked Husbandman (Matthew 21:33-46, Mark 12:1-12, and Luke 20:9-19)).

Zion = a metaphor for children of Israel as a whole, and a capital place existing somewhere.

Mt Zion = the Messiah's place of existence, as it says he will speak from it (Isaiah 2:3), and will reign in it (Isaiah 24:23).

In my opinion. :innocent:

Mount Zion is “My holy Mountain” of (Isaiah 56:6) which is also referred to as the “mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob (Isaiah 2-3). That mountain being the tabernacle of the Spirit of the God of Jacob (Isaiah 2-3).. It is composed of those who do the will of God and are children of God, and keep his commandments (Isaiah 56:6). As for the “word of the LORD from Jerusalem” (Isaiah 2:3), David will rule from the land that I gave to Jacob, with David as their king (Ezekiel 37:21-25). “The Word of God” (Revelation 19:13), with a “sharp sword” coming from his “mouth”, will rule from Jerusalem.

As for Yeshua’s role with respect to the cornerstone, the Word, the Law and the prophets, he would be the “Word become flesh” (John 1:14), for which the “Christian” Church has made that “Word” “obsolete”, in that they have rejected the cornerstone of your quoted Mathew 21:42 & Isaiah 118:22. If the nation of Israel rejects the Word, and produces no good fruit, and is “broken into pieces”, what do you think will happen to the Gentiles, which have produced no good fruit? Matthew 3:10 “every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire” As for Judah and Israel, after being “crushed in judgment” they will “return to the Lord” (Hosea 5:11- 6:2) & Hosea 3:5 & Ezekiel 37-15-28.

As for the “nations”, they will be ruled with a “rod of iron” (Revelation 19:15) from Jerusalem, and will “celebrate the feast of Booths”, at “Jerusalem”, or have “no rain” (Zechariah 14:17).

2ndpillar

Don't know about the other stuff, but I have long believed that revelation is the cornerstone spoken of by Jesus, - not Peter himself.

It might be worth noting, that the "testimony of Yeshua" is also the Spirit of Revelation/prophecy (Revelation 19:10), which would be included as part of the foundation stone.