• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Religion of ...

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Freemasons depend. They just have accept a higher being. So they could and are Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc.

As for the Illumanati, I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

As for Skulls and Bones, I'm not sure religion matters there.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My friend's a Freemason and he is a deist.

They just have to believe in a higher power, which is vague. They also have to be male.

A guy on Reddit wrote:
A friend mine is a mason and an atheist. What his justification for "believing in a higher power?" Bears. "Bears are a higher power, they could kill me, I wouldn't **** with them, and I believe in them" I was shocked.
IAMA 32 degree mason willing to say things I should not. AMAA. : IAmA

(That probably wouldn't be valid if revealed, but who knows. It allows internal justification to occur.)

Muffled

Jesus in me
My friend's a Freemason and he is a deist.

They just have to believe in a higher power, which is vague. They also have to be male.

A guy on Reddit wrote:
A friend mine is a mason and an atheist. What his justification for "believing in a higher power?" Bears. "Bears are a higher power, they could kill me, I wouldn't **** with them, and I believe in them" I was shocked.
IAMA 32 degree mason willing to say things I should not. AMAA. : IAmA

(That probably wouldn't be valid if revealed, but who knows. It allows internal justification to occur.)

I believe deification of animals is akin to animism and a man made religion. However I don't believe in giving a lot of credit to deism. My grandfather was a Knights Templar but in his next life as my son he is an atheist. Maybe it is a generational slide?

My other grandfather and father belonged to Bektash Temple and wore a fez but I don't believe either expressed any Islamic beliefs but also did not confesss Christianity until late in life.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I believe deification of animals is akin to animism

That wasn't what she was talking about.

and a man made religion.

As are all religions.

However I don't believe in giving a lot of credit to deism.

...despite it being the most logical of theological concepts.

My grandfather was a Knights Templar but in his next life as my son he is an atheist. Maybe it is a generational slide?

:run:

RitalinO.D.

To be a Mason, you don't even have to describe or explain what "higher Power" you believe in. You just have to submit to believing in one. Therefore, you could believe in the FSM, and still be a legitimate Mason.

And while the skull and bones has nothing to do with religion, for some reason I see them as being a bunch of pretentious Xtian conservatives. That's only my opinion of course.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Freemason belieive in ''the High Architecte of the Universe''
If you reach the level of 34th degree you can contact with this God but according to my research this God is the Satan see the video below taken in the first (maybe the last) time in the world
Freemason sacrifice a Goat and drink its blood in their temple.
Now, why does that strike me as probably not true?

ankarali

It is true the man who published it, he was an ex-freemason. This video has been published in tv also and Turkish freemason accepted this video but they declared it was an ordinary ritual and not religious

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It is true the man who published it, he was an ex-freemason. This video has been published in tv also and Turkish freemason accepted this video but they declared it was an ordinary ritual and not religious
I don't believe it, simple as that. Not everyone on the internet is honest, you have to use your own judgment.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you reach the level of 34th degree you can contact with this God but according to my research this God is the Satan see the video below taken in the first (maybe the last) time in the world

http://www.google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rc...tg8OEF9yFpr3MQ

People say similar things about Muslims, but it's easy to make up unsubstantiated, outlandish nonsense, isn't it?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
People say similar things about Muslims, but it's easy to make up unsubstantiated, outlandish nonsense, isn't it?
Right. Like the whole thing about Muslims being instructed to lie about Islam to make it look better, especially to potential converts. Which, if I may point out, is a claim made by many folk who claim to be former Muslims. I think the word is taqiyya, but I don't speak Arabic, so don't quote me on that.

It's also a much more effective conspiracy theory, in that the nature of the claim makes it impossible for actual Muslims to refute beyond reasonable doubt. After all, if it were true, Muslims would be obligated to lie about it. Sort of a Catch-22 for them.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

http://www.google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rc...tg8OEF9yFpr3MQ
Maybe according to one small group who labels themselves as Freemasons.

The problem though is that Freemasonry really only goes to the 3rd degree. After that, there are other groups (such as the Scottish Rite) who go up further. But not all groups that claim they are Freemasons are actually associated with the central group. In fact, the majority of the stuff one reads on the internet has nothing to do with this central group, or groups associated with them, but with groups either made up whole cloth, or fringe groups that only used the name Freemason as they have no idea what it means.

The Satanic forms of Freemasonry really have nothing to do with actual Freemasons. They have to do with other groups that have simply taken on the title Freemason for whatever reason. But again, they are not associated with the actual group of Freemasons.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The Satanic forms of Freemasonry really have nothing to do with actual Freemasons. They have to do with other groups that have simply taken on the title Freemason for whatever reason. But again, they are not associated with the actual group of Freemasons.

Could you provide some evidence that "Satanic forms of Freemasonry" actually exist?

Dingbat

The Bavarian Illuminati which is the only real group that existed in history was a mostly Catholic led organization. It was based on the Freemasons and was around during the Enlightenment Era to discuss ideas of Liberalism, Theology, and pretty much anything else you could discuss while drinking in a Beer Hall.

Syrokal

Bouncy Dasa
Free Masonry doesn't have a religion.

For example I am a Vaishnava and a Freemason, however my Lodge contains mostly Christians, though we have a Sikh and a Muslim and I know of Jews in other Lodges.

I can't comment on the Illuminate since I don't belive it's existance and Ive never heard of the skull and bones