• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of life?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Bnç
Experience needs to be directed at ascertaining truth for existence.
Some experiences aren't good. Even though participants should know better. We think. For instance, someone was killed when car crashed after fun egg throwing by teenager who didn't have license. Courts have a problem deciding if he is charged as an adult or juvenile murderer. If he didn't know better, what did he know about driving without a license?

Shantanu

Bnç

Some experiences aren't good. Even though participants should know better. We think. For instance, someone was killed when car crashed after fun egg throwing by teenager who didn't have license. Courts have a problem deciding if he is charged as an adult or juvenile murderer. If he didn't know better, what did he know about driving without a license?
The idea is to act on all experiences in ways that is going to save one.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
I wonder what you believe. Does life have a purpose?
Simply enough, the purpose of life is to live it as your genuine sincere self. Which is arrived at through understanding and personal evolution facing trials and travails along the way. Putting into action what one learns from their mistakes and their accomplishments.

The whole point of being a seeker is to arrive at the realization of God in self. For if God created all there is there can be no thing that is other than.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It seems to me that to assume that "human life has a purpose" implies that it is a purpose belonging to something else, not to humans. And this I have never accepted.

But even if it were true, we would no way of finding out what that purpose is, unless the purposer deigned to tell us, which so far, I don't think has happened. Imagine the big-breasted chicken today, genetically modified by us (for our purpose of more chicken meat, sooner) so that it is hard for the stupid thing to even walk in its few short weeks of life. How would that chicken ever discover it's "purpose" if it's purpose doesn't belong to itself?

Shantanu

It seems to me that to assume that "human life has a purpose" implies that it is a purpose belonging to something else, not to humans. And this I have never accepted.

But even if it were true, we would no way of finding out what that purpose is, unless the purposer deigned to tell us, which so far, I don't think has happened. Imagine the big-breasted chicken today, genetically modified by us (for our purpose of more chicken meat, sooner) so that it is hard for the stupid thing to even walk in its few short weeks of life. How would that chicken ever discover it's "purpose" if it's purpose doesn't belong to itself?
You hit the nail on the head by 'unless the purposer deigned to tell us'. Why would he/He/It unless you have a way of forcing the answer from him/Him/It?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I wonder what you believe. Does life have a purpose?

Purposes are created by us and are not real.

What is the purpose of the Ocean?
What is the purpose of the Sun?
What is the purpose of the earth?

Why does life need a purpose?

Your life may need a purpose but life itself just is.

That's one of y'alls main problems. Y'all pay too much attention to those who you think LOOK like they know what the **** they're talking about and too little attention to the ones who actually DO know what the **** their talking about, that you dismiss because they look "homeless" or like "drug addicts" or what not.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Purposes are created by us and are not real.

What is the purpose of the Ocean?
What is the purpose of the Sun?
What is the purpose of the earth?

Why does life need a purpose?

Your life may need a purpose but life itself just is.

That's one of y'alls main problems. Y'all pay too much attention to those who you think LOOK like they know what the **** they're talking about and too little attention to the ones who actually DO know what the **** their talking about, that you dismiss because they look "homeless" or like "drug addicts" or what not.

There is much purpose to life and answers to all questions. There is always a reason as there is always a cause.

Each of us are to find that for our own selves.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find a lot of things that seem to have no purpose in life.

The wisdom is found when we look for it within all that happens to us, both the good and bad.

All this world is connected to the mind of man, there is no seperation of mind and nature. We have to find a balance, that is humanity as a whole. The balance for man is virtues.

Regards Tony