• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of Genesis

The purpose of the biblical Genesis is the very same as with the numerous other cultural Stories of Creation from all over the world. They all speaks of the very same:

Creation Myth - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth

Humans live on the same planet Earth, in the same Solar System, in the same Milky Way galaxy and in the same local part of the visible Universe. This is the very essence of all creation stories. Of course all stories of creation are very similar since they describe the very same cosmological conditions.

"The beginning" in these stories doesn´t mean "the beginning of the entire Universe", but is just a telling of the beginning and the specific creation of our Milky Way galaxy.

List of Creation Myths - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creation_myths
What a sad world you live in my friend with nothing to believe in. You are living an empty life, a mere fraction of what you were created for. Even though you do not believe in Creation, God still believes in you and has far more planned for you than you can ever imagine. He has plans for good in your life, to bring you meaning and purpose, love and fulfilment. He will bring you peace and contentment if you let Him. All you have to do is ask and He will show you who He really is. For more information, go to http://www.jesuschrist.expert/. May God bless you in your search for Him.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
What a sad world you live in my friend with nothing to believe in. You are living an empty life, a mere fraction of what you were created for. Even though you do not believe in Creation, God still believes in you and has far more planned for you than you can ever imagine. He has plans for good in your life, to bring you meaning and purpose, love and fulfilment. He will bring you peace and contentment if you let Him. All you have to do is ask and He will show you who He really is. For more information, go to http://www.jesuschrist.expert/. May God bless you in your search for Him.
You have completely misunderstood my points and stands. Maybe you should read it once more without your psychological Christian bias.

I´m refering to the numerous cultural Stories of Creation made by the same divine forces of creation ("the same God" in your terms) and I´m happy to read of these stories which basically is the very same as the biblical telling.

Last edited:
My psychological Christian bias says "May God richly bless you beyond words or understanding." I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for and may God guide you in your search. Get to know Jesus, He's worth it. He would have died such a cruel death on the cross just for you my friend.

Deidre

I've often thought it is meant as an allegory/metaphor for how one is to view God...to trust Him without question?

I've often thought it is meant as an allegory/metaphor for how one is to view God...to trust Him without question?
My friend, trust has to be earned in all relationships. Without a doubt, God is worthy of our complete and utter trust. But, He does not expect us to just trust Him without knowing Him. As you open yourself up to knowing Him, you will naturally build that trust with Him. Would you trust someone you don't know? It is exactly the same with God. Trust comes from relationship, knowing that He will provide a solution before we even know about the trouble coming.

If you have trouble trusting God, He will take you through it like a true Father would. He will let you take very small steps and prove to you in every possible way that He can be trusted and is worthy of that trust. Real trust in God is what true faith actually is. Faith is built as trust matures. May God richly bless you as you learn to trust him. Go to http://www.jesuschrist.expert/ for more information.

Native

My psychological Christian bias says "May God richly bless you beyond words or understanding." I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for and may God guide you in your search. Get to know Jesus, He's worth it. He would have died such a cruel death on the cross just for you my friend.

I don´t need your Christian wishes, but thanks anyway. If you need to spread out some Christian sympathy and concerns, you can focus on the numerous native people all over the world, which cultures was destroyed by “Christian” missionaries.

Last edited:

Native

If you have trouble trusting God, He will take you through it like a true Father would. He will let you take very small steps and prove to you in every possible way that He can be trusted and is worthy of that trust. Real trust in God is what true faith actually is. Faith is built as trust matures. May God richly bless you as you learn to trust him. Go to http://www.jesuschrist.expert/ for more information.

The topic here is: "What is the purpose of Genesis", and not your personal propaganda.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My friend, trust has to be earned in all relationships. Without a doubt, God is worthy of our complete and utter trust. But, He does not expect us to just trust Him without knowing Him. As you open yourself up to knowing Him, you will naturally build that trust with Him. Would you trust someone you don't know? It is exactly the same with God. Trust comes from relationship, knowing that He will provide a solution before we even know about the trouble coming.

Word of advice from experience. We understand, I hope, that you'd like us to have a relationship with god. Christians have been telling people to believe in god for thousands of years and not respecting (thus at the time killing) people who didn't follow their lead. Some Christians today find that god-less people are missing on something. While others, as my co-worker says, I will be judged for not having a relationship with her god. These types of talks are highly destructive and to those who are seeking to find a faith in their heart shouldn't be pressured directly, indirectly, well-intention, or not to follow a faith they are not connected to.

With that said, maybe pull back from "hoping people come to Christ"...saying that maybe "we have a hard time trusting in god..." It sounds like evangelizing rather than gentle concern. I hope you got the hint.