• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the most important message of Jesus?

His number one message is

• A.Worship God Alone

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • B.Trinity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C.Worship me

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The reply didn't say it was the most important. It was referring to Ouroboros post 17, he/she said that.

It (what I said about the trinity not the core of Jesus' message) make sense. Just as God is in Christ as in all (not saying they are each other), so are we, to some
Christians, one in Jesus, God, and Holy Spirit. Christians are a part of the trinity, if you like to call it that.

The trinity is a union not IS the, but between Father, Son, and Spirit. Three distinct Creator, Son, and
Comforter working together as one.

Human beings are not isolated from this union. Christians are a part of it. To say a christian is isolated from the union of Father, Son, and Spirit is telling the Christian:

1. There is no Creator/Father who created you. That leaves the christian with no sense of origin.

2. There is no Son. This leaves the Christian without hope of salvation or having it at all.

3. There is no Holy Spirit. No spirit from Christ with whom connects the union, gives, hope, and comfort to believers.

THIS union is the trinity. Call it a different name. The whole bible screams union between believers and God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in the NT.

I can give you countless verses of this union later today.

If you're talking about the Father is the Son and the Holy Spirit, no, scripture does not teach that. So I cant provide scripture to which that definition of the trinity states.

Where in the Gospels did Jesus state this as being of paramount importance or even being important at all?
EDIT

Basically, without the trinity, the union between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Christianity wouldn't make sense. If there was disunion, why and how would Christ be sent from the Father and tell people He is the Savior with whom His Father (not Himself) sent? If the Father had no union with the Son, why send His Son to save mankind? If the Holy Spirit was not in union with Christ, how would that fit with the events at the Pentecost in Acts?

What you asked for....

The core teachings of Christ are:

1. Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The core teachings of Christ is to love God and only God.

2. Christians are also told to love your neighbor. Why do we need to love our neighbor?

Jesus says:

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. (Mathew 25:40)

Not only are Christians to love their brothers and sisters in Christ, they are also told to:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)

3. Another core teaching of Christ is salvation
Christians who believe in Jesus Christ who speaks the Words of His Father not of Himself (John 7:16) will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 3:15; Romans 10:9...you get the picture)

Funny John 3:15 says: "That everyone who believes may have eternal life in him" not eternal life outside ourselves. Anyways....

4. Jesus also taught about the resurrection. That is a core teaching of scripture:
Christians are resurrected like Christ. Christ's life, death, and resurrection are not isolated events.

"I want to know Christ--yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death" (Philippians 3:10)

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20
)

"And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:27)

and so forth.

As for the trinity, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are in union with each other. Christians apart of the trinity:

"That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me." (John 17:21)

Take a moment, if you will, and forget the word trinity. Christians should be in union with the Father as the Father created them. They should be in union with the Son, as the Son saved them. They should be in union with the Holy Spirit, as that is how they are born again--through the Spirit, they are born in Him, through Him, and with Him (Romans 11:36).

No christian on earth is separated from God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (God meaning divinity either by the source (the Father), the messenger (Jesus), and the Spirit (the "ring" that links a Christian to the Savior and Savior to the Father). One Family, One Church
(1 Corinthians 12:27).

5. Worship God only--which is the whole Bible from Torah to Revelations. (BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

6. The sacraments (for lack of better words--don't flip out!!! :eek:) are core teachings of Christ.

A. Baptism: Another way of saying being born again. (John 3:3; Romans 10:9; 1 Peter 1:3;2 Corinthians 5:17; 32 Bible verses about Being Born Again

B. Communion:
What Does the Bible Say About Holy Communion?
Bread, here, meaning life not actual bread

C. Confession
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT CONFESSION OF SIN

D. Confirmation
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

7. The OT teaches explicitly about worshiping God, His love (50 Great Old Testament Verses and Jesus explicitly reminds His followers of OT teachings and, of course, that of Moses--the ten commandments. (Jesus and the Old Covenant Laws | Grace Communion International

8. Celebrating/reflecting on Jesus' life,death, and resurrection no matter how you do so and/or if you do so (What Does the Bible Say About Reflecting?

So far, these are the core teachings of Christ. I can't give you guys more until I get back on a desktop.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And me, us, all of us. That makes four, not three.

The most important message Jesus had was about salvation and to become united with God, not the structure or organization of God itself. Trinity is about how/what God is. Jesus's message about salvation is about human relation to God, which was more important than anything about trinity. Trinity isn't even mentioned by Jesus.
Read post 41. I explained it better there.

Thanda

I disagree. I think Jesus put a lot more time and effort into teaching his "golden rule" and how people should treat each other rather than how they should treat God. But that is merely mho.

I think if we had a contest citing all Jesus teachings how people Jesus teaching about God would win over Jesus teaching about how to treat others.

And there's a good reason for that - Jesus said he came to do his father's will. He also said that he does the work of his father. Again he said the son does nothing but what he has seen the father do.

So the reason Jesus taught more about God than about how to treat each other was because he knew that once a person developed a relationship with heavenly father he would automatically know how treat others since the Father himself would teach him through the Holy Spirit. That's why Jesus put a clear hierarchy between loving God and loving our neighbour.

Servant_of_the_One1

The reason i say oneness of God is the most important message of Jesus is because one day a jewish learned man came to Jesus pbuh and asked: Rabbi, what is the greatest commandment?

Now Jesus had the perfect opportunity to teach him how important "trinity" was or how important it is to "worship" him. What did jesus say?
' the greatest commandment is worship God Alone'.

Also this great message was repeated when Jesus repelled satan and said " go away satan, for it is written you shall worship only God".

If loving your neighbour was greater than that then indeed Jesus would say to Satan: Go away satan for it is written u shall love thy neighbour.
Trust me, Satan would be confused to hear such answer. " Dude What the Hell??? we are not talking about Neighbour now! I told you to worship me, what does neighbour got to do with our conversation???".

Seriously if someone said that to me i would be confused too :)

Redemptionsong

Jesus Christ, as the Saviour from sin, makes it possible to love God and our neighbour in the manner that God intended - in spirit and in truth. True love is oneness. This can only happen when the spirit of God dwells amongst us, and within us.
The most important message of Jesus Christ must therefore be REPENT AND BELIEVE (IN YOUR SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Jesus Christ, as the Saviour from sin, makes it possible to love God and our neighbour in the manner that God intended - in spirit and in truth. True love is oneness. This can only happen when the spirit of God dwells amongst us, and within us.
The most important message of Jesus Christ must therefore be REPENT AND BELIEVE (IN YOUR SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST)

Unfortunately for you, - your Bible has Jesus himself telling us which two are the greatest.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
According to my belief Jesus's number one message was to worship God alone.
Most important messages from Christ:

1. Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The core teachings of Christ is to love God and only God.

2. Christians are also told to love your neighbor. Why do we need to love our neighbor?

Jesus says:

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. (Mathew 25:40)

Not only are Christians to love their brothers and sisters in Christ, they are also told to:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)

3. Another core teaching of Christ is salvation
Christians who believe in Jesus Christ who speaks the Words of His Father not of Himself (John 7:16) will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 3:15; Romans 10:9...you get the picture)

Funny John 3:15 says: "That everyone who believes may have eternal life in him" not eternal life outside ourselves. Anyways....

4. Jesus also taught about the resurrection. That is a core teaching of scripture:
Christians are resurrected like Christ. Christ's life, death, and resurrection are not isolated events.

"I want to know Christ--yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death" (Philippians 3:10)

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20
)

"And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:27)

and so forth.

As for the trinity, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are in union with each other. Christians apart of the trinity:

"That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me." (John 17:21)

Take a moment, if you will, and forget the word trinity. Christians should be in union with the Father as the Father created them. They should be in union with the Son, as the Son saved them. They should be in union with the Holy Spirit, as that is how they are born again--through the Spirit, they are born in Him, through Him, and with Him (Romans 11:36).

No christian on earth is separated from God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (God meaning divinity either by the source (the Father), the messenger (Jesus), and the Spirit (the "ring" that links a Christian to the Savior and Savior to the Father). One Family, One Church
(1 Corinthians 12:27).

5. Worship God only--which is the whole Bible from Torah to Revelations. (BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

6. The sacraments (for lack of better words--don't flip out!!! :eek:) are core teachings of Christ.

A. Baptism: Another way of saying being born again. (John 3:3; Romans 10:9; 1 Peter 1:3;2 Corinthians 5:17; 32 Bible verses about Being Born Again

B. Communion:
What Does the Bible Say About Holy Communion?
Bread, here, meaning life not actual bread

C. Confession
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT CONFESSION OF SIN

D. Confirmation
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

7. The OT teaches explicitly about worshiping God, His love (50 Great Old Testament Verses and Jesus explicitly reminds His followers of OT teachings and, of course, that of Moses--the ten commandments. (Jesus and the Old Covenant Laws | Grace Communion International

8. Celebrating/reflecting on Jesus' life,death, and resurrection no matter how you do so and/or if you do so (What Does the Bible Say About Reflecting?

Thats what I get when I read the Bible. Dont know about others:rolleyes:
The message is that rape is acceptable, sex outside of marriage is okay with a cover story as well as having sex with your mother apparently. The story of Jesus is rather preverse, now if we could get Christians to read their bible.........no really.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unless God contradicts Himself, where did you get God (not people) actually states it is acceptable to rape? God killed millions of people (Sadaam for one) because of sexual perversion. Odvisously, God distastes what humans did. A lot of "people" in the Bible accepted rape etc or what we may think of as rape in the US, but quite cultural in other parts of the world were men can legally forced their mates to make lust to them.

God killed millions of people for rape, melestation, homosexuality, all sexual impure acts based on lust.

So, that contradicts the whole reason why God killed so many people for.

The message is that rape is acceptable, sex outside of marriage is okay with a cover story as well as having sex with your mother apparently. The story of Jesus is rather preverse, now if we could get Christians to read their bible.........no really.

Marisa

The problem with narrowing things down to charity work is that you will have a Justin Beiber who will set up a foundation to do all those things you mentioned above and then (according to your definition of what's important) he suddenly becomes an awesome guy.
Dude . . . I didn't say those things. That is straight from ye old bible. I personally think if anyone did those things they'd be awesome but then I'm a bit like Ghandi.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

—Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Exactly. That's one of the examples of the most important message by Jesus. It was about humans coming back to God. His message wasn't about the nature of God, but the nature of us and what we can/should do to reconnect with God.
I do not know if his message was about God or Himself.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14.6
I believe Jesus was talking through his inner divinity, the Christ, he didn't mean himself as Jesus, we are all the Christ, that is when we realize it, so I am the way, the truth and the life is follow the Christ within Jesus from our inner Christ, for there is only one Christ.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
I believe Jesus was talking through his inner divinity, the Christ, he didn't mean himself as Jesus, we are all the Christ, that is when we realize it, so I am the way, the truth and the life is follow the Christ within Jesus from our inner Christ, for there is only one Christ.

christ means anointed, there were many anointed ones before him, (David, Solomon etc.)