• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Messiah?

What is the Messiah?

• God

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • a created being

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

three1

To those who believe in the Bible: What is the Messiah? God or a created being? And why?

And you, Bethlehem Ephratah, too small to be among the thousands of Judah, out of you will come forth to me, who shall be ruler over Israel; and his origins are from the prehistoric times, from the days of eternity.
(micah 5:1)

In the beginning was the Sound, and the Sound was with God, and the Sound was God. All things were created through the Sound and without the Sound nothing was created that is created. And the Sound became flesh.

(john 1:1-14)

The Messiah said, "Verily, verily, I say to you, before Abraham became, I am.

(john 8:58)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If you want this to be truly limited to those who 'Believe in the Bible' you need to put it into same faith debates. This is too vague a notion for Religious Q & A. Its also controversial -- a debate question. Staff do not appreciate debates started in non-debate areas, so this might be moved.

Its debate because you offered 2 options only. You didn't simply ask for information. You started a fight in a peace zone.

About the Religions Q&A Subforum
In this Religions Q&A forum, you are free to ask respectful questions and comment on them - provided the spirit of the conversation remains in the realm of discussion rather than debate.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
To those who believe in the Bible: What is the Messiah? God or a created being? And why?

And you, Bethlehem Ephratah, too small to be among the thousands of Judah, out of you will come forth to me, who shall be ruler over Israel; and his origins are from the prehistoric times, from the days of eternity.

In the beginning was the Sound, and the Sound was with God, and the Sound was God. All things were created through the Sound and without the Sound nothing was created that is created. And the Sound became flesh.

Both! God in a created body called Jesus.

He is the fulfillment of the representation of the bronze serpent that Moses lifted up. Sin that produced death. Those who looked on the bronze serpent with faith were healed. Jesus took on the sin that produces death in our lives and as we look on Him with faith, we are healed.

Word may have a sound but sound isn't necessarily The Word. The Word is a person - words of life is what He spoke

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me the Messiah is the Jewish Messiah, the Second-coming of Christ, the Mahdi, the Buddhist Maitreya and the Hindu Kalki Avatar - the long awaited one who turns the world right-side up and brings about the union of heaven and Earth.

He is the God-Man - God in human form.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Why did you change the word Word to sound?

Messiah is a title just as lord. It's not specific to a deity or anything so the closest would be a created being. I don't believe in a creator so I'd say human being.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The messiah is simply the person who will be the King or equivilent during the millenial era. Contrary to Christian thinking, there are really very few verses that talk about the messiah. But this is what is said:

• He will be a descendant of King David.
  • He will "be David," meaning he will rule Israel from Jerusalem.
  • He will bring all the Jews back to Israel from wherever we are in the world.
  • He will be accepted not only by Israel, but by the whole world.
  • He will reign over an era of world-wide peace.

Obviously this messiah has not yet come. But we've had plenty of false messiahs who make claims but do not fulfill these prophecies.