• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is the Largest Vehicle You Have Ever Driven or Ridden In?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Breaking news!
@Wu Wei has upgraded....
StoplightBear.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What was it like to drive the bus, especially compared to a car?

Ive driven a bus, leyland Atlantean, double deck with 78 seats and a electro pneumocyclic gearbox. No passengers though.

Once you are used to it it's really quite easy, just be aware of it's length at corners,parking etc and don't go under low bridges.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I was just rewatching this video about the biggest trucks in the world:

It has made me think of a question: what is the largest vehicle you have ever driven or ridden in, whether by weight or size? What was the driving or riding experience like?

Sitting next to the driver in a semi-truck is on my bucket list. I would love to experience the road from that height.
Do boats count? I rented a 60' houseboat on Kentucky Lake. The thing was a sail, blown off course by even a light breeze. Steering linkage to the upper bridge was borked, had to steer by the lower inside setup, which was less than ideal to put it mildly. Just as well, the thing didn't have MPG it has GPM (Gallons per mile) and found a nearby bay, rather deep really. Stayed there, weathered a severe storm, almost hurricane level winds. Ripped the (empty) pool off the upper deck. Not again.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My answer to the OP:

- I've ridden a cruise ship on a trip where the hotel and its associated amenities were all on the ship.

- I've also ridden a ferry as part of a two-day-long trip from one country to another.

- While I'm discounting planes in this thread due to their prevalence as a mode of travel, I'll mention that like many others here, I've also ridden a fairly long train. It was for intercity travel.

- The largest land vehicle I've ridden aside from a train was a two-deck bus. I got to sit in one of the front seats and look through the upper portion of the windshield. It felt amazing.