• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Lake of Fire?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Interesting theme for a D horror movie "Satan's Barbeque"
Why Satan's?

Isn't it Hinduism's, Zoroastrianism's, Hebraic's, etc...

The idea is Satan, the Devil, and Hell are being removed and put into it, so it can't be theirs... Tho we do say a Hog Roast, and that isn't the Hog's.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
For Christians who believe Hell only means death or the grave and not a place of torment, what do the biblical references for the Lake of Fire allude to?

For Christians who believe hell is a place of torment and punishment, is the Lake of Fire Hell itself, or is it something else?

What is the Lake of Fire?
i'm not exclusively christian but i have many qualities and beliefs similar to quakers; so...........

the lake of fire is this life experience we are experiencing. it is a refining furnace where both service to self and service to other as self is allowed to co-exist. the ideal would be not to become attached to the experience but learn something from it.

Black box - Wikipedia

unfortunately some become attached to lila and do not learn from it. some do and have the gray hairs to prove it.

Daniel 7:9
"I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool His throne was ablaze with flames, Its wheels were a burning fire.

Revelation 1:14
The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Wow!!! A lake of fire means life experiences. Never heard that one before. The Bbile says the wicked will be thrown into a lake of fire to be destroyed. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with life experiences.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Wow!!! A lake of fire means life experiences. Never heard that one before. The Bbile says the wicked will be thrown into a lake of fire to be destroyed. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with life experiences.

its called reincarnation. love, the golden rule, tempering might take a few douses in the forge. what is it to the misunderstanding that which decides another spin on the merry god round is in order?

Jeremiah 18:4
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

suffering makes things evolve, it strengthens the weak. a change in environment requires adaptation. love is a consuming fire. fire catalyzes change

Luke 12:49
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Revelation 8:5
And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

lostwanderingsoul

Great. everyone is free to believe what they want. That does not make it right. I prefer to base beliefs on the Bible which says that the lake of fire will destroy the wicked. If someone wants to get their religion form a Johnny Cash song, well good luck to them.

Faithofchristian

How can hell be the lake of fire, when hell is cast into the lake of fire.
Therefore hell is not the lake of fire.

As for what is the lake of fire?

In the New Testament, tell's what the lake of fire is.
let's narrow it down even more, In the book of Hebrews tells what the lake of fire is.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Great. everyone is free to believe what they want. That does not make it right. I prefer to base beliefs on the Bible which says that the lake of fire will destroy the wicked. If someone wants to get their religion form a Johnny Cash song, well good luck to them.

no one survives this life, no one.

Hebrews 9:27
Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

after the judgement some are tossed back into the fray. some volunteer to come back to raise the son of man

regeneration

9 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

John the Baptist = Elijah

Matthew 11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Matthew 17:12
But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

won't you meet me at the end of days???