• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the highest priority of Confucianism

TTCUSM

Social harmony.
From the article "Separate Truths" by Stephen Prothero:

Christians see sin as the human problem, and salvation from sin as the religious goal. Buddhists see suffering (which, in their tradition, is not ennobling) as the problem, and liberation from suffering as the goal. Confucians see social disorder as the problem, and social harmony as the goal. And so it goes from tradition to tradition, with Hindus seeking release from the cycle of life, death, and rebirth, Muslims seeking paradise via submission to Allah, and practitioners of the Yoruba religion seeking sacred connections — among humans, between humans and the persons of power they call the orishas, and between humans and the natural environment.

Antibush5

Being a morally upstanding individual, meaning you treat your parents well and have a love of learning, as well as being polite and caring to others.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Being a morally upstanding individual, meaning you treat your parents well and have a love of learning, as well as being polite and caring to others.

I've studied Confucianism, for a while I was interested in it as a religious path. I'd agree that Confucius, like Plato, seems to think that virtue is the highest priority and that it's attainable by man. The wise man, according to Confucius, isn't some mystic on a mountaintop...he lives amongst the people and tries to make their lives better.