• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is The Greatest Trick Satan Ever Pulled?

james bond

It's simple.
The church down the street told me the people in the church up the street are liars and the people in the church up the street say the same about those down the street.
I figure they are probably both lying.

How do I know you're not lying?

It's easy enough to show you are lying. I just ask you to provide the facts as to who, what, where, when and why and put that as your testimony. If you're found lying, then you could go to jail.

james bond

Befuddling Eve was his greatest accomplishment. Does that count?

Yes, that lie ranks right up there and he has some humdinger of lies. However, we are talking about his tricks since he's a conniving trickster. trick - a crafty procedure or practice meant to deceive or defraud

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't make up nonsense nor believe in nonsense. That's you. You believe in nonsense such as apes are our common ancestor, and that racist concept has already been falsified. Apes are still around and there are no apes that are bipedal like humans.

Moreover, I've already stated that when you use 'god' in lower case that you are worshiping Satan. I still can't get over the irony. He's tricked into believing that he doesn't exist and believing his lies such as Lucy.

I didn't say falsifiability has been debunked, but that it is overrated. Just because something can't be falsified doesn't mean that it isn't true. It may be that there hasn't been a test invented yet. For example, nothing can travel faster than light. Can that be falsified? It can if we find something that is faster than light. How can one test that?

Not really. I've explained falsifiability to you while your explanations are lacking with Lucy. How can you falsify Lucy as our common ancestor?

Creation science is real science. The fake science is evolution.

Please explain how. How is it falsfied?

How are multiverses falsified? How are they tested?

String theory hasn't panned out.

Multiverses and wormholes are not hypothesis. There is no evidence for either.

I didn't bring science into this debate. You did. What I did was bring Jesus into this debate as gravity. No one can escape the influence of Jesus wherever they are in the universe.

Whatever turns you on, im happy with evidence, you are happy with god magic.

Your opninion that gives rise to ad hominem, misunderstanding and misrepresentation of a person is your problem. If you get off by believing i worship your make believe, then good for you.

You only consider falsibility over rated because it pops your bubble.

Youve explained what??? Where? Falsifiability is simply the ability to prove something wrong. Note the keyword prove.
There are several commonalities to indicate lucy was hominid, far too many to list here, try Lucy (Australopithecus) - Wikipedia for a basic overview

Creation science is not real science because creationist will not allow it to be scrutinised and will not accept the results of any creationist claim is falsified.

Multiverses are a hypothesis, not a theory. However compelling evidence exists for their existence in the bruising on the cmb and corresponding swaith of galaxies moving contrary to general galactic movement.

What? Please provide evidence of your bold claim regarding string theory.

See above for multiverses, as for wormholes, thats what i said a week ago.

You did then refused to answer any questions on science

ChristineM

Premium Member
I answer your question and you don't answer mine. It's typical of @ChristineM.

Please be honest, it gives your faith no credibility whatsoever when you are not honest .

The evidence in in this thread and others where you refuse to even acknowledge questions

james bond

Please be honest, it gives your faith no credibility whatsoever when you are not honest .

The evidence in in this thread and others where you refuse to even acknowledge questions

I've answered questions to the best of my ability and I don't think I've been wrong for the most part. Even Christians have differences of opinion. OTOH, you've avoided my questions to you and the main points of what I've said completely. Shouldn't you be the one who is credible since you're a person of science? This has happened more than once, so are you capable of keeping up a religious discussion? Just like Christians, atheists have different levels of consciousness of the Bible

Let's go over the thread's main points.

Satan's greatest trick is to convince people he does not exist. To my way of thinking, it's to convince them that science has the answers. Especially a science where God, the supernatural and the Bible are eliminated systematically when it wasn't before the 1850s. This is mainly in the form of evolution and evolutionary thinking found mostly in the fields of geology, biology, paleontology and zoology.

Satan is the father of lies. He's a master liar. Per the Bible. That's why I thought he would be known for his lies and deceit. He's treacherous and cunning.

Yet, the Bible describes him as more -- god of the world, king of the Earth, prince of the air and so on. Definitely, not one to take lightly and one to beware of.

Let's look at your points. Does God have eyes? He's just like us, except more.

Satan exists because he's the one who created God. Eyeroll. Like I said, you worship Satan.

Myriad of ad hominem attacks. That's basically your argument which goes back to your credibility.

Falsifiability and whatever your "faith" allows you to believe. Again, this isn't science as the way it was before.

Your opinion that multiverses and wormholes are hypothesis. This is just BS.

Finally, what's most telling is you put god in lower case which is to worship Satan. The above all fits.

james bond

All I got from this OP is that both God and Satan have an unhealthy need to be worshiped. Anyone who demands worship surely isn't worthy of it.

That's so wrong.

In worshiping God, we learn the truth and stay on the right path which is 90 degrees perpendicular from a straight line. That's the form of the cross and where we want to go.

Even if you're a slight degree off, you can keep walking and think you're on the right path. However, after some time, you'll have deviated much from the correct one.

As for Satan, I suppose he would get off on people bowing down and scraping before him the way you think.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Okay, maybe he has a sexy voice. Women do like men's voices. But I think it was the not dying part that Eve believed.
Eve was confused...beguiled. After that point, all hope was lost. She prolly wp2uld have barked like a dog if asked.

What I'm more interested in is the scene when Eve saunters in having the knowledge of good and evil and Adam doesn't. The conversation may have started something like this.
Adam: "You look different."
Eve: "I know something that you don't know."

It's all downhill for the human race after that.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've answered questions to the best of my ability and I don't think I've been wrong for the most part. Even Christians have differences of opinion. OTOH, you've avoided my questions to you and the main points of what I've said completely. Shouldn't you be the one who is credible since you're a person of science? This has happened more than once, so are you capable of keeping up a religious discussion? Just like Christians, atheists have different levels of consciousness of the Bible

Let's go over the thread's main points.

Satan's greatest trick is to convince people he does not exist. To my way of thinking, it's to convince them that science has the answers. Especially a science where God, the supernatural and the Bible are eliminated systematically when it wasn't before the 1850s. This is mainly in the form of evolution and evolutionary thinking found mostly in the fields of geology, biology, paleontology and zoology.

Satan is the father of lies. He's a master liar. Per the Bible. That's why I thought he would be known for his lies and deceit. He's treacherous and cunning.

Yet, the Bible describes him as more -- god of the world, king of the Earth, prince of the air and so on. Definitely, not one to take lightly and one to beware of.

Let's look at your points. Does God have eyes? He's just like us, except more.

Satan exists because he's the one who created God. Eyeroll. Like I said, you worship Satan.

Myriad of ad hominem attacks. That's basically your argument which goes back to your credibility.

Falsifiability and whatever your "faith" allows you to believe. Again, this isn't science as the way it was before.

Your opinion that and wormholes are hypothesis. This is just BS.

Finally, what's most telling is you put god in lower case which is to worship Satan. The above all fits.

The best of your ability is not good when you have deliberately ignored a question, not once, not twice but 3 times.

I do not lie, i do not worship anyone, so your baseless and insulting accusations based on your ignorance are ad hominem even if you dont understand what you do... In law, ignorance is no excuse

Actually,nope, ad hom attacks are your stock response, not my argument but my statement of fact.

Your deliberate ignorance of the scientific method is not my problem

I have explained my reasons, because you can't comprehend simple english so you need to resort to insult to massage your sensibilities is also not my problem

QuestioningMind

That's so wrong.

In worshiping God, we learn the truth and stay on the right path which is 90 degrees perpendicular from a straight line. That's the form of the cross and where we want to go.

Even if you're a slight degree off, you can keep walking and think you're on the right path. However, after some time, you'll have deviated much from the correct one.

As for Satan, I suppose he would get off on people bowing down and scraping before him the way you think.

Nothing that you wrote changes the fact that both God and Satan demand your worship. And any entity that demands worship isn't worthy of it.

james bond

The best of your ability is not good when you have deliberately ignored a question, not once, not twice but 3 times.

I do not lie, i do not worship anyone, so your baseless and insulting accusations based on your ignorance are ad hominem even if you dont understand what you do... In law, ignorance is no excuse

Actually,nope, ad hom attacks are your stock response, not my argument but my statement of fact.

Your deliberate ignorance of the scientific method is not my problem

I have explained my reasons, because you can't comprehend simple english so you need to resort to insult to massage your sensibilities is also not my problem

The most important thing is for you to realize you worship Satan every time you refer to God as god. You deny Satan's existence, but you've been tricked into replacing God with science. Francis Crick, who is one of the discoverers of the double helix structure of DNA, thought it destroyed God when it did the complete opposite. How else can I explain you not being able to get past a question I've already answered. You are obsessed. You even have kept count.

Yes, you do lie when you state dark energy, multiverses and wormholes exist as hypothesis. I asked you for evidence and you provided none. So, for the third time where is the evidence?

I falsified apes being bipedal and you can't accept it because it destroys your worldview. We have apes existing today. There are no apes like humans whom are bipedal. Moreover, Lucy didn't happen. Richard Leakey thinks Lucy is multiple species. If one finds fossils in different areas miles apart, that's a good explanation.

I'm not ignorant of the scientific method, testing nor falsifiability. I could have gotten a science degree just as well, but computer science was more my schtick. If not a computer scientist, then I would've been an engineer.

Just re-read what you post to me and you should see the ad hominem attacks. Yours is not a statement of fact, but of opinion. Most of your post is of opinion and not fact. That's the lie.

james bond

Nothing that you wrote changes the fact that both God and Satan demand your worship. And any entity that demands worship isn't worthy of it.

What you don't seem to understand that they are different types of worship and it's up to your free will and whether you have or faith or not. Even your concept of "demand" is different from mine.

QuestioningMind

What you don't seem to understand that they are different types of worship and it's up to your free will and whether you have or faith or not. Even your concept of "demand" is different from mine.

""Finally, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain. He showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “If You bow down and worship me,” he said, “I will give You all of this.”

Jesus said to him, “Get away from Me, Satan! It is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God. He is the only One you should serve.’ ” - Matthew 4:8-10"

Nothing from your quote suggests that Satan was asking Jesus to worship him in a different fashion than God. He simply said bow down and worship me and I'll reward you. God says bow down and worship me and I'll reward you. In fact Christ replies that he will NOT worship Satan, because worship is supposed to be reserved for God, which suggests that Satan was asking Jesus to worship him in the same manner that he worships God. Where did you get this notion that 'they are different kinds of worship'?

As for my concept of 'demand', it simply means that IF you want to be rewarded, both Satan and God demand that you bow down and worship them. How does your concept differ in some way?

Last edited:

james bond

""Finally, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain. He showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “If You bow down and worship me,” he said, “I will give You all of this.”

Jesus said to him, “Get away from Me, Satan! It is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God. He is the only One you should serve.’ ” - Matthew 4:8-10"

Nothing from your quote suggests that Satan was asking Jesus to worship him in a different fashion than God. He simply said bow down and worship me and I'll reward you. God says bow down and worship me and I'll reward you. In fact Christ replies that he will NOT worship Satan, because worship is supposed to be reserved for God, which suggests that Satan was asking Jesus to worship him in the same manner that he worships God. Where did you get this notion that 'they are different kinds of worship'?

As for my concept of 'demand', it simply means that IF you want to be rewarded, both Satan and God demand that you bow down and worship them. How does your concept differ in some way?

Where do I get different kinds of worship? Do you not see in the Matthew 4:8-10???!!!???!!!

With Satan, he states he will give you the world (a lie) in exchange for you worshiping and bowing and scraping before him. This also means that you will do what he asks later on. Do you think God asks for anything in return? To the contrary, he's given you the world (literally). It's enough to be incredulous of his powers and his wonderful gift.

QuestioningMind

Where do I get different kinds of worship? Do you not see in the Matthew 4:8-10???!!!???!!!

With Satan, he states he will give you the world (a lie) in exchange for you worshiping and bowing and scraping before him. This also means that you will do what he asks later on. Do you think God asks for anything in return? To the contrary, he's given you the world (literally). It's enough to be incredulous of his powers and his wonderful gift.

Hmm... Satan offers rewards in exchange for worship and God offers rewards in exchange for worship. How you've concluded that Satan was lying when he offered Jesus the world is beyond me. Do I think that God wants anything in return for his rewards? OF COURSE... he wants your worship and obedience... JUST LIKE Satan.