• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is The Greatest Trick Satan Ever Pulled?

james bond

The Urantia Book lays this out completely. I know, I know there's no way to verify it, but it is a very interesting read (all 2256 pages) if you can make it through the first 600 pages.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

james bond

What have i learned since you started this thread? You make up nonsense and claim its mine... I dont have a god to bow down to so dont need to make up bull to justify a delusion

So please provide evidence that falsifiability has been debunked.

And your idea of falsifiability leave you short of much learning

More nonsense, real science doesn't work work like creation (oxymoron) science. In real science, thinking of an idea does not make the main stream until it can be verified in some way,

The effects of dark energy can be observed and measured, so why should it not be offered as natural?

There is also evidence that there "could" be a multiverse, note could. Which is why science is trying to verify. But as it stands its a hypothesis only.

Multi dimensions i know little of other than the usual 4 and the various string theories require more.

And wormholes are hypothetical, currently a sci fi special

And of course you don't want to get into scientific debate yet bring science into a debate. Can i ask how you justify that?

>>What have i learned since you started this thread? You make up nonsense and claim its mine... I dont have a god to bow down to so dont need to make up bull to justify a delusion<<

Well, what is your reason that you write "God" in lower case? To me, you are insulting God and worshiping Satan by addressing God as "god." Since you don't believe in God, then you shouldn't believe in Satan. That means you've fallen for Satan's trick. It's all there in the Bible. This is one hell of a coincidence (pun intended).

>>And your idea of falsifiability leave you short of much learning<<

Again, this is general religious debates, so I'll stay away from atheist science.

james bond

I'm just saying use the information in your own personal investigation, don't be led by it though. IOW don't accept it as fact if you don't personally know it as fact.

With the Bible, God and the supernatural, it doesn't work that way in regards to facts, reasoning and historical truths. Even if you accepted the Bible as a history book, then facts and reasoning are not enough.

I understand what you are saying in terms of investigating something in the material world, and I agree with your statement in that regards.

allfoak

Alchemist
The answer is positively wicked. I thought it was if you're going to lie, then lie big as he told Jesus he would give him power to rule the world.

"Finally, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain. He showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “If You bow down and worship me,” he said, “I will give You all of this.”

Jesus said to him, “Get away from Me, Satan! It is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God. He is the only One you should serve.’ ” - Matthew 4:8-10
I am Satan, hear me roar!
Not sure who to blame but i think the biggest lie is the Christian concept of Satan

ajay0

An insightful and almost prophetic saying of Mahatma Gandhi...

Satan's successes are the greatest when he appears with the name of God on his lips.
Mahatma Gandhi.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
>>What have i learned since you started this thread? You make up nonsense and claim its mine... I dont have a god to bow down to so dont need to make up bull to justify a delusion<<

Well, what is your reason that you write "God" in lower case? To me, you are insulting God and worshiping Satan by addressing God as "god." Since you don't believe in God, then you shouldn't believe in Satan. That means you've fallen for Satan's trick. It's all there in the Bible. This is one hell of a coincidence (pun intended).

>>And your idea of falsifiability leave you short of much learning<<

Again, this is general religious debates, so I'll stay away from atheist science.

Several reasons, first is your god is just one of around 4800 gods that have been worshipped not including the 330 million Hindu gods.

Also is the fact your god, and any other god, are to me meaningless figments of imagination .You wouldn't expect be to capitalise any other thought would you?

Then there is the fact most christians expect their belief and god to be spelled with a capital but don't offer the same courtesy to others. For example, when was the last time you saw the word atheist spelled with a capital A yet many Christians claim atheism as a religion.

Then of course the main reason is that im dyslexic and even if i wanted to use a capital i couldnt see if i had or hadn't.

So because im dyslexic you reckon im worshipping satan? That is one of the worst insults based on ignorance you could offer to a dyslexic but, hey... You are christian so its expected.

So why did you raise the subject of science. Was it to insult what you pops your bubble behind the shield of religious debate?

james bond

I am Satan, hear me roar!
Not sure who to blame but i think the biggest lie is the Christian concept of Satan

How do you know who is lying? The word of God or "god of this world."

I didn't know he was god of the world or king of the Earth, but only learned it from this thread.

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." 2 Corinthians 4:4

james bond

Several reasons, first is your god is just one of around 4800 gods that have been worshipped not including the 330 million Hindu gods.

Also is the fact your god, and any other god, are to me meaningless figments of imagination .You wouldn't expect be to capitalise any other thought would you?

Then there is the fact most christians expect their belief and god to be spelled with a capital but don't offer the same courtesy to others. For example, when was the last time you saw the word atheist spelled with a capital A yet many Christians claim atheism as a religion.

Then of course the main reason is that im dyslexic and even if i wanted to use a capital i couldnt see if i had or hadn't.

So because im dyslexic you reckon im worshipping satan? That is one of the worst insults based on ignorance you could offer to a dyslexic but, hey... You are christian so its expected.

So why did you raise the subject of science. Was it to insult what you pops your bubble behind the shield of religious debate?

Out of those gods, there is no one true God?

And how do you know they're all figments of imagination? Christians rely on the Bible, the word of God. He wasn't invented. Neither was Jesus Christ. Neither was Satan which is whom we are discussing in this thread. If God or Satan were invented, then he would have been long exposed throughout the times he was known and the non-fiction Bible would not continued to be read.

God is spirit and is not seen, but his presence is felt.

Ah, atheist science as part of religious debate. I won't get into the devil of the details here, but what do you base your science on? What book or books? Christians created modern science. They did not use the present to explain the past until the 1850s when their science which included God, the supernatural and the Bible was taken over by uniformitarianism.

Isn't that how you see the Bible? Isn't that how you disregard Satan's existence? Do you judge God and Christianity through today's science?

james bond

@ChristineM, what about the shape of the universe? What shape did you think it was? The Bible says it is like a scroll. Thus, the space part is the thinnest part and it is a membrane which we cannot see, but know it exists due to gravity.

I thought it was saddle shaped. Around 2015, scientists started to think it was flat.

And what is gravity? The force we least understand, but is felt or affected by every living and non-living creature? Does it stand in front of us?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Out of those gods, there is no one true God?

And how do you know they're all figments of imagination? Christians rely on the Bible, the word of God. He wasn't invented. Neither was Jesus Christ. Neither was Satan which is whom we are discussing in this thread. If God or Satan were invented, then he would have been long exposed throughout the times he was known and the non-fiction Bible would not continued to be read.

God is spirit and is not seen, but his presence is felt.

Ah, atheist science as part of religious debate. I won't get into the devil of the details here, but what do you base your science on? What book or books? Christians created modern science. They did not use the present to explain the past until the 1850s when their science which included God, the supernatural and the Bible was taken over by uniformitarianism.

Isn't that how you see the Bible? Isn't that how you disregard Satan's existence? Do you judge God and Christianity through today's science?

Correct, there is no true god ever been proven, nor ever will, i imagination can never be proven.

Provide evidence for god or satan. Ahh right, asked you before, you ignored it. Almost as though you dont actually have any proof. As for JC, I'm pretty sure he existed, just not as depicted in the bible, there is actually more evidence that he was an anarchist than he could walk on water. And I've seen his dads grave, a roman soldier, no gods involved.

And more science in a religious debate, of course you haven't answered the question but instead asked a question on its place. So here's the deal. You answer mine and I'll respond in kind.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@ChristineM, what about the shape of the universe? What shape did you think it was? The Bible says it is like a scroll. Thus, the space part is the thinnest part and it is a membrane which we cannot see, but know it exists due to gravity.

I thought it was saddle shaped. Around 2015, scientists started to think it was flat.

And what is gravity? The force we least understand, but is felt or affected by every living and non-living creature? Does it stand in front of us?

Answer the questions and stop avoiding the fact that you have nothing

james bond

Correct, there is no true god ever been proven, nor ever will, i imagination can never be proven.

Provide evidence for god or satan. Ahh right, asked you before, you ignored it. Almost as though you dont actually have any proof. As for JC, I'm pretty sure he existed, just not as depicted in the bible, there is actually more evidence that he was an anarchist than he could walk on water. And I've seen his dads grave, a roman soldier, no gods involved.

And more science in a religious debate, of course you haven't answered the question but instead asked a question on its place. So here's the deal. You answer mine and I'll respond in kind.

Imagination can be proven every day. We have creative people all over the world.

As the Bible, Christians and I stated before there is no "proof" for an invisible God unless you'll accept dividing any number by zero. That will give you an infinite number of correct answers. That means 12 x 0 = 1200. This isn't possible unless there is a creator who can create 1200 items. I learned this in elementary school, i.e. division by zero is not defined or can only be done by God. Even atheist scientists state infinite temperature and density. That's impossible in our material world.

Isn't that what all atheists want? Proof and when they get it, they ignore it. Thus, the best we can do is provide evidence and it's been given to you all over RF. I can't help it if your worldview won't accept it. And how many ways do I have to say God doesn't work that way? A person who can read the Bible with an open mind and takes a leap of faith will accept it and find the truth.

The Bible teaches us that Satan means adversary. Who on earth are God's adversaries? You, for one. Charles Lyell, Charles Darwin and many more. Those who can't help but state god instead of God. They end up worshiping Satan. Thus, Satan exists. How else is Satan described in the Bible? He's been called an enemy of humans, father of lies and the accuser in addition to the things mentioned in this thread. People end believing lies against God, his universal and absolute laws, creation science, the supernatural, the Bible, and more.

james bond

Answer the questions and stop avoiding the fact that you have nothing

>>JB: @ChristineM, what about the shape of the universe? What shape did you think it was? The Bible says it is like a scroll. Thus, the space part is the thinnest part and it is a membrane which we cannot see, but know it exists due to gravity.

And what is gravity? The force we least understand, but is felt or affected by every living and non-living creature? Does it stand in front of us?<<

Gravity, like Jesus, stands in front of us. Even if we try to trick it and walk backwards, it's still there. Nothing can escape gravity. One can't just build a chamber to avoid it. That's a fact.

There's more. I've discussed this before with Polymath. We both agreed that if gravity wasn't just right, then the universe and earth will disintegrate. It will be gone in a flash. Can I help it if you don't understand gravity nor how Jesus works? Can I help it if you don't understand the universe is flat as described in the Bible?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Imagination can be proven every day. We have creative people all over the world.

As the Bible, Christians and I stated before there is no "proof" for an invisible God unless you'll accept dividing any number by zero. That will give you an infinite number of correct answers. That means 12 x 0 = 1200. This isn't possible unless there is a creator who can create 1200 items. I learned this in elementary school, i.e. division by zero is not defined or can only be done by God. Even atheist scientists state infinite temperature and density. That's impossible in our material world.

Isn't that what all atheists want? Proof and when they get it, they ignore it. Thus, the best we can do is provide evidence and it's been given to you all over RF. I can't help it if your worldview won't accept it. And how many ways do I have to say God doesn't work that way? A person who can read the Bible with an open mind and takes a leap of faith will accept it and find the truth.

The Bible teaches us that Satan means adversary. Who on earth are God's adversaries? You, for one. Charles Lyell, Charles Darwin and many more. Those who can't help but state god instead of God. They end up worshiping Satan. Thus, Satan exists. How else is Satan described in the Bible? He's been called an enemy of humans, father of lies and the accuser in addition to the things mentioned in this thread. People end believing lies against God, his universal and absolute laws, creation science, the supernatural, the Bible, and more.

Creative people are real, they can be weighed and measured, observed and tested. The fruits of their imagination can be patented.

Any number multiplied by zero is zero. And if you learned 12 x O = 1200, no wonder you failed at science and looked for the easy way out.

And your imagination is precisely that, your imagination.

What proof, you have provided no proof, you have provided opinion and woo

Wrong, i am your gods adversary in exactly the same way that i am harry potters adversary. And your ignorance of my mindset is precisely that, ignorance. Tell me would you worship the cookie monster? Then why should i worship tour make believe bad guy

ChristineM

Premium Member
>>JB: @ChristineM, what about the shape of the universe? What shape did you think it was? The Bible says it is like a scroll. Thus, the space part is the thinnest part and it is a membrane which we cannot see, but know it exists due to gravity.

And what is gravity? The force we least understand, but is felt or affected by every living and non-living creature? Does it stand in front of us?<<

Gravity, like Jesus, stands in front of us. Even if we try to trick it and walk backwards, it's still there. Nothing can escape gravity. One can't just build a chamber to avoid it. That's a fact.

There's more. I've discussed this before with Polymath. We both agreed that if gravity wasn't just right, then the universe and earth will disintegrate. It will be gone in a flash. Can I help it if you don't understand gravity nor how Jesus works? Can I help it if you don't understand the universe is flat as described in the Bible?

Now you are ranting. Just answer the question and stop trying to avoid it

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
The answer is positively wicked. I thought it was if you're going to lie, then lie big as he told Jesus he would give him power to rule the world.

"Finally, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain. He showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “If You bow down and worship me,” he said, “I will give You all of this.”

Jesus said to him, “Get away from Me, Satan! It is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God. He is the only One you should serve.’ ” - Matthew 4:8-10
Befuddling Eve was his greatest accomplishment. Does that count?

allfoak

Alchemist
How do you know who is lying?
It's simple.
The church down the street told me the people in the church up the street are liars and the people in the church up the street say the same about those down the street.
I figure they are probably both lying.

lostwanderingsoul

Satan's greatest trick is starting a religion and putting the name "Christian" on it but teaching Satan's ideas. Millions have fallen for the trick and it is probably the biggest church on earth.

james bond

What have i learned since you started this thread? You make up nonsense and claim its mine... I dont have a god to bow down to so dont need to make up bull to justify a delusion

I don't make up nonsense nor believe in nonsense. That's you. You believe in nonsense such as apes are our common ancestor, and that racist concept has already been falsified. Apes are still around and there are no apes that are bipedal like humans.

Moreover, I've already stated that when you use 'god' in lower case that you are worshiping Satan. I still can't get over the irony. He's tricked into believing that he doesn't exist and believing his lies such as Lucy.

So please provide evidence that falsifiability has been debunked.

And your idea of falsifiability leave you short of much learning

I didn't say falsifiability has been debunked, but that it is overrated. Just because something can't be falsified doesn't mean that it isn't true. It may be that there hasn't been a test invented yet. For example, nothing can travel faster than light. Can that be falsified? It can if we find something that is faster than light. How can one test that?

Not really. I've explained falsifiability to you while your explanations are lacking with Lucy. How can you falsify Lucy as our common ancestor?

More nonsense, real science doesn't work work like creation (oxymoron) science. In real science, thinking of an idea does not make the main stream until it can be verified in some way

Creation science is real science. The fake science is evolution.

The effects of dark energy can be observed and measured, so why should it not be offered as natural?

Please explain how. How is it falsfied?

There is also evidence that there "could" be a multiverse, note could. Which is why science is trying to verify. But as it stands its a hypothesis only.

How are multiverses falsified? How are they tested?

Multi dimensions i know little of other than the usual 4 and the various string theories require more.

String theory hasn't panned out.

And wormholes are hypothetical, currently a sci fi special

And of course you don't want to get into scientific debate yet bring science into a debate. Can i ask how you justify that?

Multiverses and wormholes are not hypothesis. There is no evidence for either.

I didn't bring science into this debate. You did. What I did was bring Jesus into this debate as gravity. No one can escape the influence of Jesus wherever they are in the universe.