• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the European Union?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I ask this question to all Europeans.:)
Say whatever you like about the EU.
What you think the EU is. And what is supposed to be.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What it is.
This EU is a squalid banking dictatorship and a shady treaty among the IMF, the ECB and the European Commission. That is why it called Troika.

It is a compromise between selfish financial élites that mean to exploit the wealth and the resources of the European peoples, through Banking Seigniorage. And the 2nd degree Seigniorage.

What I want it to be.

I want it to be a treaty of peace, solidarity and friendship of all European Nations.
Based upon economic cooperation and these principles:
1) free trade
2) investments to potentiate the economy of the weaker countries
3) investments to create employment through infrastructures (look at the map below..the Eastern Europe is without highways).
4) economic cooperation with Mediterranean and Middle East countries.

If the EU had been something good based upon the values thar made great our civilization, it would have done anything to preserve peace in the East. In Eastern Europe.

U5autostradeEuropa.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Say whatever you like about the EU.

What it is.
This EU is a squalid banking dictatorship and a shady treaty among the IMF, the ECB and the European Commission. That is why it called Troika.

It is a compromise between selfish financial élites that mean to exploit the wealth and the resources of the European peoples, through Banking Seigniorage. And the 2nd degree Seigniorage.
Seems quite accurate to me, I agree with you

Words are too valuable to be wasted on them
What I want it to be.
Dissolved

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What it is.

What I want it to be.

I want it to be a treaty of peace, solidarity and friendship of all European Nations.
1) free trade
3) investments to create employment through infrastructures (look at the map below..the Eastern Europe is without highways).

If the EU had been something good based upon the values thar made great our civilization, it would have done anything to preserve peace in the East. In Eastern Europe.

View attachment 60425

It would be far better without the haters

ChristineM

Premium Member

It is.

1) free trade
4) economic cooperation

It is

Sorry bud, the EU is not into assassinating Russan nutcases

Altfish

Veteran Member
What it is.

What I want it to be.

1) free trade

View attachment 60425
My country, the UK, is a lot worse than that.
It is a stooge for Russia,
It is run by a moneyed elite
If you've been to a private school, esp Eton, you are over 100 times likely to be an MP
European Union is far from perfect but much better than what we have out of it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I understand your optimistic views.:)
Unfortunately we havent spent a dime on creating wealth in Eastern Europe.
Ukraine could have been a member of the European Union, by now.

Something Putin would like to destroy. With the help of people like you.

If we had not given the money to bankers, and if we had used the money to fund the entrance of countries like Ukraine, through very smart investments in this huge country, Ukraine would be a happy EU country, by now.

Unfortunately the EU is all about giving money to billionaires.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My country, the UK, is a lot worse than that.
It is a stooge for Russia,
It is run by a moneyed elite
If you've been to a private school, esp Eton, you are over 100 times likely to be an MP
European Union is far from perfect but much better than what we have out of it.

Nothing is perpetual. United Kingdom can rejoin.
In the EU I want to create, UK would have never left.
So...do blame the people who replaced trade and economic cooperation with bourse gambling.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Just a view based on evidence and experience, and not hatred of the organisations that help keep the EU ticking over

Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, to name just a few.
Oh you mean countries that are not EU members. How about help for Malawi and Bangladesh?

BTW,,dime is americanese, the EU doesn't have dimes.

Ukraine could be a member of the European Union, by now.

But it isn't, for reasons including the poor economic outlook of the Ukraine and there abysmal record on democracy and internal instability.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ukraine could have been a member of the European Union, by now.

If we had not given the money to bankers, and if we had used the money to fund the entrance of countries like Ukraine, through very smart investments in this huge country, Ukraine would be a happy EU country, by now.

Unfortunately the EU is all about giving money to billionaires.
This is more of your insane obsession with Soros and bankers. It's bilge. The EU was founded to stop aggressive competition between nations in Europe, as that had led to two catastrophic wars, and to replace that by an incentive to cooperate. In that, it has been brilliantly successful.

My rather right wing brother, who used to be Eurosceptic, found himself in Belgium in 2018, visiting the war cemeteries with his son, on the anniversary of WW1. To his surprise, Angela Merkel showed up and made a joint visit to the cemeteries with the King of Belgium. He found it very moving. Looking at those rows of crosses, he suddenly realised what the EU was really all about.

You need to stand back, look at the big picture and ask yourself hard questions about why you are promoting Putin and trying to undermine the EU, instead of wanting it to work better. If we all go back to nation versus nation, with people like your mate Putin on the loose, Italy will be chewed up and wrecked.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is more of your insane obsession with Soros and bankers. It's bilge. The EU was founded to stop aggressive competition between nations in Europe, as that had led to two catastrophic wars, and to replace that by an incentive to cooperate. In that, it has been brilliantly successful.

My rather right wing brother, who used to be Eurosceptic, found himself in Belgium in 2018, visiting the war cemeteries with his son, on the anniversary of WW1. To his surprise, Angela Merkel showed up and made a joint visit to the cemeteries with the King of Belgium. He found it very moving. Looking at those rows of crosses, he suddenly realised what the EU was really all about.

You need to stand back, look at the big picture and ask yourself hard questions about why you are promoting Putin and trying to undermine the EU, instead of wanting it to work better. If we all go back to nation versus nation, with people like your mate Putin on the loose, Italy will be chewed up and wrecked.

You have to understand that I am not blaming those who love the EU:).
I can relate.

Until Maastricht the EEC was perfect. It was Maastricht that went too far. Lisboa was the needle that broke the camel's back.

The banking question is very serious.
This Troika will not protect the middle class' interests.
I am shocked by what happened with MPS bank, Deutsche Bank.
When the Deutsche Bank bought many many Italian treasury bonds and then sold them in one day, creating a disaster.
The dear gentle Soros harmed the British pound and the Italian Lira in 1992 with two incredibly unfair financial speculations.

All this losses of money...that could be used to make so much good instead. Good to former Soviet countries, for example.

I wont speak of Putin.
I want to speak of how different the EU would have been if we had included Ukraine, Albania or Serbia.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Because throughout these last 30 years (since 1989) we have done nothing to help her.

And why should the EU "help" a non eu country that does not even come close to meeting requirements for membership? As i stated why not any other country that has a poor record of democracy, economy and stability?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And why should the EU "help" a non eu country that does not even come close to meeting requirements for membership? As i stated why not any other country that has a poor record of democracy, economy and stability?

Because it is in Europe. Europe: Urals, Caucasus, Bosphorus. These are the borders.
And these criteria you mentioned is exactly what make this EU nightmarishly bad.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Because it is in Europe. Europe: Urals, Caucasus, Bosphorus. These are the borders.
And these criteria you mentioned is exactly what make this EU nightmarishly bad.

What do you not understand about nit being a member of the EU?

The EU is designed to benefit its members states, not every stray who you think deserves a cut of your taxes

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What do you not understand about nit being a member of the EU?

The EU is designed to benefit its members states, not every stray who you think deserves a cut of your taxes
With all due respect...but...
Why do you never speak of those billionaires who have been stockpiling billions of euros through Banking Seigniorage, by devouring the honest Europeans' savings?

Social injustice is intolerable to me. It is really unbearable.

Wandering Monk

What it is.

What I want it to be.

1) free trade

View attachment 60425

Maybe you have heard of the OSCE.

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe - Wikipedia