• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT IS THE ETERNAL BOOK?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
upload_2019-7-28_7-27-54.png

Edit to add: It's eternal because everyone gets potty trained. And it's one of the only subjects where all people agree.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It's an open forum. You may get replies like this. And it provides an answer to the question you asked (although it does need commentary).

Also, your question needs some context. Which religion are you asking about? Why do you think there *is* an 'eternal book'? What tradition are you coming from that leads you to ask the question?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I will be removing my name from this forum if this is the sort of reply one may meet.
I apologize.

I was making a stupid joke.

The point I was making was, that It's eternal because everyone gets potty trained. And it's one of the only subjects where all people agree.

Last edited:
I searched for "eternal book" and didn't get any solid hits - can you describe this idea in more detail?
I feel very old and I know not how long I have to live so I'm in a hurry. At the moment I'm attempting to understand the history of the "creation of the state of Israel" and I came across the following.
I think that Israel's Declaration of Independence was an excerpt from Martin Gilbert’s “Story of Israel” and that David Ben Gurion read out, “The Jewish people came into being in Eretz Israel [the Land of Israel]. Here their spiritual, religious and political identity was shaped. Here they first achieved statehood, created cultural values of national and universal significance, and gave to the world the eternal Book of Books. Ergo, What is the eternal Book of Books?

Neutral Name

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS THE ETERNAL BOOK?

I had to Google that. I had no idea. Apparently, it is an explanation of the first five books of the Old Testament called the Pentateuch in Greek or the Torah by Jews from a Kabbalistic viewpoint. This is what is called Jewish mysticism which I find very interesting. It is spirituality. Mans' relationship with God.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I feel very old and I know not how long I have to live so I'm in a hurry. At the moment I'm attempting to understand the history of the "creation of the state of Israel" and I came across the following.
I think that Israel's Declaration of Independence was an excerpt from Martin Gilbert’s “Story of Israel” and that David Ben Gurion read out, “The Jewish people came into being in Eretz Israel [the Land of Israel]. Here their spiritual, religious and political identity was shaped. Here they first achieved statehood, created cultural values of national and universal significance, and gave to the world the eternal Book of Books. Ergo, What is the eternal Book of Books?
It's a phrase that was made up by Ben Gurion referring to the Tanach.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I think that Israel's Declaration of Independence was an excerpt from Martin Gilbert’s “Story of Israel”...............
Unless you did not type exactly what you meant to say I have to point out that Gilbert's book was published in 2008 - decades after the creation of the State of Israel.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I'm catching up with all the new posters' threads I missed.
Join us for the free (staff paid for) breakfast....
th