• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the dumbest thing you ever did on the job?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I spent all day detailing a car for someone to buy , and backing out of the garage I struck a yellow pole and dented the car, tore off paint, scratched it to hell, and took off a light. The manager looked at my coworker and said "Aint that the stupidest thing ya ever seen rooster".

Then he pulled me into his office and said "MATTHEW, YOU'RE ****ING PSYCHOTIC!"

When working as a pizza boy:

I had a guy named Doug order pizza at dominoes, and got in trouble for typing Douche instead of Doug in the computer. It was intentional.

I don't use either of them as refrences! :(

amorphous_constellation

I guess one of my first jobs was a painter's assistant.. I messed up a couple banisters and doors at an apartment complex, and then later got paint on the sidewalk of the lakefront mansion of my boss's boss. I got yelled at for going too slow, but would screw it up trying to get up to speed. I got fired from that job. Despite that, painting came up several other times as a gig, and each time I hated it and vowed not to do it again. You have to be able to hold your hands steady and work fast, and heights can't bother you, and you can't drip it all over. I am better at jobs where getting sloppy doesn't matter

I guess the one time I actually kind of enjoyed it, was when my step grandpa had me paint this old hay elevator john-deere green

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
I spent all day detailing a car for someone to buy , and backing out of the garage I struck a yellow pole and dented the car, tore off paint, scratched it to hell, and took off a light. The manager looked at my coworker and said "Aint that the stupidest thing ya ever seen rooster".

Then he pulled me into his office and said "MATTHEW, YOU'RE ****ING PSYCHOTIC!"

When working as a pizza boy:

I had a guy named Doug order pizza at dominoes, and got in trouble for typing Douche instead of Doug in the computer. It was intentional.

I don't use either of them as refrences! :(
I had a phone job where I purposefully failed to promptly disconnect a completed call that did not hang up on its on accord, I left this hanger call on my phone line in order to avoid taking other calls. That day I was so tired and lazy.

Viker

Häxan
When I was younger I worked overnight at a retail store, yanno the one with the bull's eye. I came in late one New Year's night plowed drunk. I even hurled all over my boss.They just sent me home. I didn't get fired.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...it's kinda disgusting, but I went to a client work function. They took us to a fairly nice bar/restaurant, and proceeded to load us up with Flaming Lamborghinis. Random, I know.
They worked out I was Australian (this was in NZ) and the boss there then put 2 in front of me for every 1 he put in front of others. In my defence I was young, so I tried to meet the challenge.

Later than night I was stuck in a booth seat, unable to make a quick exit when the booze caught up with me. I grabbed the secretary's handbag as she was sitting next to me and...err...

They called me Chucky for the next year.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Didn't password protect a restricted area of an oil rig mimic. Unskilled access could have a/ caused the oil flow to stop or b/ cause a major disaster.

Slapped an Army general, he had flown in to examin our security measures and advise the measures he required before the contract was drawn up. Job done, wined and dined i was driving him back to the airport. He began to grope my knee and thigh. Slap, deserved and not dumb but cost us a big job.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I had a guy named Doug order pizza at dominoes, and got in trouble
Eating 5 Pizzas

Not at dominoes though, were smaller pizzas, but still

Within 1 hour a huge Scorpion dropped on my head
(huge as in 10 cm legs, quite a few of them)
Scorpion stands for death some say
I got the lesson, less pizza

PureX

Veteran Member
I was paid to tear out a large room in a kids museum that had been set up to imitate walking through outer space. It was all black, with big florescent planets hanging from the ceiling and mounted on the walls. And the kids loved it. They could run around in there and pretend they were flying through space.

After tearing all that fun stuff out, and tossing it in a dumpster, the room was then painted all white, like a hospital, and big glossy photos of cells were hung on the walls as in an art gallery. And the kids completely ignored them. They couldn't have cared less.

The new director was some political crony (in Chicago), and over the course of a year, she completely destroyed the place with her total lack of imagination, and complete disregard for what the kids who came there would be interested in. I was just a workman, but am still ashamed to have been a part of it.

SA Huguenot

Our warehouse burned down a few years back, and during a management meeting, the director of a sister company were talking to my boss who told him about this terrible incident we had with this fire, and how luckilly, the insurance payed out for everything we had lost.
This Director then told us that he worked at another company on a previous occasion, that also had huge losses with a flood destroying their warehouse, and by chance also mentioned that they were renumerated for their losses.

I asked,: "How do you start a flood?"