• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between the real gospel and a fake one.

Heneni

Miss Independent
There are so many versions of 'christ' religions out there, its like walking through a minefield at times. But which religion has its roots in grace and which have their roots in 'something else'? Which religions have made themselves laws and must obey them at the expense of obeying christ? Here is the difference between what the law demands and what christ wants.

The law says: Do, and you will live
Christ says: Live, and you will do

The law says: Pay me what you owe
Christ says: I forgive you all that you owe

The law : Make yourself a new heart and a new spirit
Christ : A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you.

The law : Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Christ : Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins

The law : Cursed is every one who continue not in all things written in the book fo the law to do them
Christ : Blessed is the man whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.

The law: The wages of sin is death
Christ: The gift of god is eternal life through christ our lord

The law: Demands holiness
Christ: Gives holiness

The law: says do
Christ says done

The law extorts the unwilling service of a bondman
Christ wins the loving service of a son and freedman

The law makes blessings the result of obedience
Christ makes obedience the result of blessing

The law says 'if'
Chirst says 'therefore'

The law was given for the restraint of the old man
Christ was given to bring liberty to the new man

Under the law, salvation was wages
With chirst, salvation is a gift.

These two forms of religious life are at ends with each other and are opposite to each other.

The one demans fruit, then branches then root and then field. (Law driven religion)
The other finds a field, then roots, then makes branches, and then produces fruit.

There are many religions who call themselves christian who opperate on the principles of a law.

But the gospel that saves in rooted in grace and requires faith. All the things i have listed above that is 'christ-centred' and not 'law-centred' is impossible for a man to do, unless god does it for them and in them, and this requires man to have faith in god and lets god have the glory for his work of salvation.

Religions based on a 'law' requires one to observe outward ceremonies in order to be 'purified'. These days (talking about gentile christians) this law does not even have to be the ten commandments it can be just about any ritual or observance that you can think of that is not biblical.

When people say they 'believe' in god, these days it can mean anything from, i believe in the 'god in the sky', the god that nobody can understand the god that is aloof, the god that is our universal collective consciousness etc...But you cant put your faith in a fake god, and expect the real God to honor you. It wouldnt be real faith it would be fake faith. The faith that god gives his people is to believe in the real god, so that they can believe in the real gospel.

How many of the things i have listen above under the 'law' do you believe is actually the gospel, and why?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What is the difference between the real gospel and a fake one?
The difference is what Constantine chose and omitted.

Oberon

What is the difference between the real gospel and a fake one?
The difference is what Constantine chose and omitted.

Constantine didn't choose anything. The formation of canon began before and ended after constantine, and he had nothing to do with it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
How many of the things i have listen above under the 'law' do you believe is actually the gospel, and why?
Excellent question, Heneni, and a great OP. I'll get back to you when I have the time to devote to an answer.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Excellent question, Heneni, and a great OP. I'll get back to you when I have the time to devote to an answer.

So you consider yourself to be a christian then? Cause in the other thread you asked me not to interpret your faith for you.....seems like you didnt identify yourself as a christian. But you are free to come back and post how the LDS church does not agree with the gospel.

Heneni

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So you consider yourself to be a christian then? Cause in the other thread you asked me not to interpret your faith for you.....seems like you didnt identify yourself as a christian.
For crying out loud, Heneni! What's gotten into you lately? I've never denied that I'm a Christian. I can't imagine how you would have come to that conclusion. I just asked that you not post what you perceive Mormons to believe, but to leave it instead to those who actually know.

But you are free to come back and post how the LDS church does not agree with the gospel.
I think this is the first time ever I've had someone judge a post before I even made it. On second thought, maybe I'll just sit this thread out.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
For crying out loud, Heneni! What's gotten into you lately? I've never denied that I'm a Christian. I can't imagine how you would have come to that conclusion. I just asked that you not post what you perceive Mormons to believe, but to leave it instead to those who actually know.

Well you see, what has gotten into me is this: We christians, which you call yourself one as well, believe that the bible reveals god's character. But you simply pass over the scriptures you dont like and say 'i believe something else'. - point to mormon book or something else.

I think this is the first time ever I've had someone judge a post before I even made it. On second thought, maybe I'll just sit this thread out.

I think the problem here is katzpur, that people can become so 'nice' in their own mind, that they think they deserve to go to heaven. And that they chose god and also that if he chose them, its cause there was something 'cool' in them that he just couldnt resist saving.:help:

WOE are you christian, when everybody thinks well of you. I dont think that being a christian means you fit in, and make everybody like you, and dont step on toes, and keep it cool, and all that stuff. To me that always means selling your soul to the devil. Cause in order for katzpur to continue getting frubals she has to proclain the false gospel, of everybody is saved.

Its popular but its wrong.

God wants to show the glory of his grace. That is why he elected people to save. Not because we deserved it, because that would make the point of his grace being showcased pointless. And since you think there is something in you that deams you worthy of salvation you have suppressed the glory of god's grace in salvation and you have to ask yourself, how can you do that without feeling guilty? And, why does your religion (mormons) base so much of their 'salvation' on works? Is that why you are nice to me, to keep your salvation? HEHEHE

Heneni

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well you see, what has gotten into me is this: We christians, which you call yourself one as well, believe that the bible reveals god's character. But you simply pass over the scriptures you dont like and say 'i believe something else'. - point to mormon book or something else.
I don't ever use the Book of Mormon to argue my position, Heneni. Never. You can't give me one example of when I've done that. Christians of all denominations disagree on how scripture should be interpreted. People can find biblical evidence for any position they care to take on pretty much any point of doctrine. Do you seriously believe that if there were no Mormons on this forum, there would be no debate as to what "Christians" believe?

I think the problem here is katzpur, that people can become so 'nice' in their own mind, that they think they deserve to go to heaven. And that they chose god and also that if he chose them, its cause there was something 'cool' in them that he just couldnt resist saving.:help:
What on earth are you getting at? If you think I qualify as one of those people, why don't you just come out and say it? If you do, however, would you mind providing some actual examples of things I've said that led you to conclude that I think I'm so "nice" that I "deserve to go to Heaven."

WOE are you christian, when everybody thinks well of you.
Well, I guess I'm doing okay then, because I'm pretty sure that not everybody thinks well of me. Most Christians feel about Mormons pretty much the same way you do.

I dont think that being a christian means you fit in, and make everybody like you, and dont step on toes, and keep it cool, and all that stuff. To me that always means selling your soul to the devil. Cause in order for katzpur to continue getting frubals she has to proclain the false gospel, of everybody is saved.
You think frubals mean so much to me that I'd "sell my soul to the devil to get them"? Do you honestly think I'm that stupid? :rolleyes: Have you ever stopped to consider that I post what I actually believe?

God wants to show the glory of his grace. That is why he elected people to save. Not because we deserved it, because that would make the point of his grace being showcased pointless. And since you think there is something in you that deams you worthy of salvation you have suppressed the glory of god's grace in salvation and you have to ask yourself, how can you do that without feeling guilty?
I don't ever know what to say to this. I believe differently. I don't feel as if I've "suppressed the glory of God's grace" in the slightest. I'm sorry if you do.

And, why does your religion (mormons) base so much of their 'salvation' on works?
Well, it seems to me that Jesus stressed the importance of our keeping His commandments. We just believe in doing that, that's all.

Is that why you are nice to me, to keep your salvation? HEHEHE
LOL. You're throwing some hard questions at me. It's not very often I find myself in the position of having to defend myself for being nice. If I'm nice to you, it's because I've always been taught that Jesus told us to be nice to one another. As a matter of fact, until very recently, it hadn't even occurred to me to be anything other than nice to you. Is there some reason why you think I should have been rude instead?

Last edited:

I agree, this is an excellent Thread. Thanks Heneni for starting it! As Christians we cannot confuse law and gospel. Turning the gospel into law is a very easy thing for us to do; it comes naturally. Any form of doing the gospel is a confusing of the categories. The law tells us what to do; the gospel tell us what God has done for us in Christ. If we turn the gospel into law, does our Christianity become Christless?

What does a gospel have to be to be real? What's a gospel...?? Is it just a religious writing? Like the bible and whatnot?

The gospel is the great good news of God about what He has graciously done for us in Christ.
Here is a taste of the good news ....

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. - Rom 5

Last edited:
So any version of something about what god is and does or has done is gospel? Or does it have to mention christ too?

It is the proclamation of what Christ accomplished for the wicked to bring then to God, bringing the wicked and ungodly into the family of God as adopted sons and daughters of the Most High. The relationship for the believer changes from God the righteous judge whom we must give an account for our sins to God our Heavenly Father.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Maybe I should have mentioned that you should answer my questions as though you are talking to a five year old.

I don't know what you're talking about...

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Here are a couple of strategically removed gospels (ok, not by Constantine, my mistake) from Nag Hammadi:

-from the Gospels of Nag Hammadi: Testimonial of Truth
"the God whom most Christians worship, the God of the Hebrew Bible, is 'himself' one of the fallen angels, from whose tyranny Christ came to set human beings free."

TOT (3:4-5)
"It reveals truth only when one reads it in reverse, recognizing that God is actually the villain, and the Serpent (Lucifer) the holy one."

Reality of Rulers (Nag Hammadi)
"It is Samael and his fellow 'rulers' of the Darkness (Eph.6:12), not the true God, who formed Adam's physical body, set him to work in Paradise, "to till and cultivate it" then put him to sleep and fashioned his female partner out of his rib."

It is this God that commanded Adam not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge, which could open his eyes to the Truth.

When Adam & Eve, enlightened by the feminine spiritual principle who appeared to her in the form of the Serpent and deified them.

God threw mankind into great distraction and into a life of toil, so that humankind might be occupied with worldly affairs, and might not have the opportunity of being devoted to the Holy Spirit / Higher-Self / HGA.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Maybe I should have mentioned that you should answer my questions as though you are talking to a five year old.

I don't know what you're talking about...
Hi, whereismynotecard. Christians believe that all human beings have sinned and are therefore unworthy to return to God's presence after they die. They also believe that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to show people how they should live and to offer himself as a sacrifice to pay for the sins committed by all of us. God will forgive those who accept this sacrifice and acknowledge Jesus Christ as their "Savior", and will reward them with the blessing of eternal life. The word "gospel" literally means "good news." So Jesus Christ's gospel is the good news of what He did for us. The first four books of the New Testament are called the "gospels." Each of them tells the story of Jesus' life and of the "good news" He brought, but each does so from a slightly different perspective. "The gospel" is His message of hope. Obviously, it's a little more involved than that, but that explains the basics. I hope it helped.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So any version of something about what god is and does or has done is gospel? Or does it have to mention christ too?
I would think that any reference to "the gospel" would have to mention Christ since He is at the core of what "the gospel" is all about.

Smoke

Done here.
The law says: Do, and you will live
Christ says: Live, and you will do

The law says: Pay me what you owe
Christ says: I forgive you all that you owe

The law : Make yourself a new heart and a new spirit
Christ : A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you.

The law : Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Christ : Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins

The law : Cursed is every one who continue not in all things written in the book fo the law to do them
Christ : Blessed is the man whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.

The law: The wages of sin is death
Christ: The gift of god is eternal life through christ our lord

The law: Demands holiness
Christ: Gives holiness

The law: says do
Christ says done

The law extorts the unwilling service of a bondman
Christ wins the loving service of a son and freedman

The law makes blessings the result of obedience
Christ makes obedience the result of blessing

The law says 'if'
Chirst says 'therefore'

The law was given for the restraint of the old man
Christ was given to bring liberty to the new man

Under the law, salvation was wages
With chirst, salvation is a gift.
Are you able to give your idea of what Christ says using the actual words of Jesus, and not the words of others?