• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between mukti and moksha?

Shrew

Both mean enlightenment, but is there any difference between mukti and moksha?
My idea is that mutki is liberation while alive and moksha is liberation after death, but I'm not sure if that is right.

atanu

Premium Member
Both mean enlightenment, but is there any difference between mukti and moksha?
My idea is that mutki is liberation while alive and moksha is liberation after death, but I'm not sure if that is right.

I think they are different words but same meaning. Liberation while alive is ‘sadeha mukti’.

Shrew

As per my understanding these both are same...may be if we look at sentence than we can have mild difference.
Thanks
I have an interest in the Navagraha (9 planet devatas) and found a source of their 108 names.
For Shukra (Venus) name 82 is 'muktida' (giver of mukti).
Why does Shukra have such a name when it is the graha of sensual pleasures, Brihaspati (Jupiter) is the graha of religious endeavours and Ketu (south node) is the indicator for moksha?

jien57908

Moksha is attain by getting free from all desires and Moksha is the freedom of soul from the cycle of birth and rebirth. the process of attaining Moksha goes through several thousands of Mukti.