• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Definition of Atheism?

Which Definition of Atheism Do You Use

• Ancient: You do not believe what I believe.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Newest: The search for God is futile, so why try.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • There is no God.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I reject all of your God(s).

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Atheism means without theism or any ism for that matter, so no, not an ism.
Then they are to remove ism from it . Right?
They also say that they are the original with the human beings yet they sprang up very late in the human history, I understand, please. Isn't it unnatural, please?
Right?

Regards

lukethethird

unknown member
Wrong, the a means without, as in without theism.
They also say that they are the original with the human beings yet they sprang up very late in the human history, I understand, please. Isn't it unnatural, please?
Right?

Regards
Wrong. There is nothing new about people having doubts when it comes to outrageous claims.

Kfox

Atheism is as much an "ism" as theism, so if you gonna remove the ism from atheism, you first need to remove it from theism.
Right?
It's not like people not believing in God began calling themselves atheists, it was the theists who coined the term for those who don't believe as they do. Remember; while the Christians were being thrown to the lions by rival theists, they were calling the Christians atheist while they were being sent to slaughter.