• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best way to prove the paranormal to someone?

Frank Goad

If you can thing of one paranormal experience that would prove the paranormal to someone.What would it be?

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
levitation, take'em on a flight and they'll believe you

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think a near death experience.:)
a lot of people have those and attribute them to natural causes.

let's think outside the box... shapeshifting would be a good trick for proving the paranormal. walking through a wall... lighting your fingers on fire by snapping or clapping ...

let's see what else

well the whole fig-tree thing in the Bible would probably work. a creative mind can come up with lots of proofs. They're all impossible and that's the point.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think a near death experience.:)

Nah, my dad's had a few of them, to the extent of actually dying 3 times and coming back to life only because god is a lousy poker player. In real life the reason he is alive today is because of the expertise of the emergency crash team, to whom i will always be grateful.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you can thing of one paranormal experience that would prove the paranormal to someone.What would it be?
The closest you could come is in controlled laboratory experiments.

“After a century of increasingly sophisticated investigations and more than a thousand controlled studies with combined odds against chance of 10 to the 104th power to 1, there is now strong evidence that psi phenomena exist. While this is an impressive statistic, all it means is that the outcomes of these experiments are definitely not due to coincidence. We’ve considered other common explanations like selective reporting and variations in experimental quality, and while those factors do moderate the overall results, there can be no little doubt that overall something interesting is going on. It seems increasingly likely that as physics continues to redefine our understanding of the fabric of reality, a theoretical outlook for a rational explanation for psi will eventually be established

Dean Radin Parapsychologist

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I want to see someone levitate and then get stuck to the ceiling then fall on the bed as it shakes and spins around and around.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Almost anything paranormal should do the trick, unless it is only momentary. If it is momentary then you can doubt it has happened.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. Even if you were able to levitate or whatever you might call paranormal, you would have to demonstrate it and then differentiate and distance it from known physical phenomena while providing evidence it isn't some previously unknown physical phenomenon. But probably many people would believe you if you just tell them you can read minds, predict the future or speak to the dead, so maybe you don't need to worry about proving it.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I'd dare to tell a skeptic to spend the night at the Crescent Hotel & Spa in Eureka Springs, AR, or at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. If they choose to stay at the Crescent, then I'd suggest that they request room 218 and go on one of the late-night ghost tours. I have never been to the Stanley Hotel yet, but it is definitely at the top of my bucket list. To be honest, I have had far too many experiences with the paranormal over the last fifteen years to pin-point just one. However, if I were to choose one, then it would be the Crescent.

I have never left the Crescent Hotel without having gathered evidence of the spirits who are there, whether it was through the use of my ghost-hunting equipment or direct contact with the spirits, and these interactions were observed and confirmed by other living people. In fact, I've investigated the Crescent five different times in the last two and a half years (give or take), and I'm planning to go back in January and perhaps even before then. The Crescent has turned out to be my favorite haunt (pun intended) by far, and this hotel is special to me because it is where my husband had his first paranormal experience, which made him a genuine believer.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

Honestly? Nothing comes to mind. But the reason for this is worth exploring a bit.

Nothing comes to mind in part because I can't be certain about the other person's understanding of paranormal, or, on a broader level, the ontological assumptions that underpin their worldview as a whole. If their framework for understanding reality is mapped in certain ways, it will be variously possible or extremely easy to present someone with something.

Secondrily
, I don't use the term "paranormal" to describe any of my religious experiences that, to some, would fall within that category. I'm a Pagan, a Witch, and a Druid... not a paranormalist. I approach these phenomena from an explicitly Pagan/Druid framework and use terms consistent with my tradition, which typically differ not just in label but in substantial understanding.

HonestJoe

Nobody is denying the experiences (excluding any outright lies or frauds), it is the causes that you are claiming are "paranormal". The way that would be demonstrated would be exactly the same way as literally any other claim would.

First you need to define a clear hypothesis for the proposed cause, which generally doesn't happen in this field. Only once you have that can anyone assess all the available evidence to determine if it is consistent with the hypothesis or not.