• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is the bases of your faith?

yor

In this world there is a lot of religion, if you want to know whos telling the truth? they are all reading the bible but they have deffirent beliefs, If i ask you one plus one? what ever country you come from it comes to one answer 1+1=2 why two? because we have our bases mathematics,now in faith we have dissame bible but we have deffirent beliefs,why? because of the interpratation,if you will read the bible and you dont know the meaning on it,do not go to dictionary to find it, beacause bible interprate himself

ISAIAH 34:16
Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
See? you have to read and seek out of the book of the lord and no one of these shal fail,none shall want her mate,for his mouth it hath commanded,and his spirit it hath gathered them
but i am sorry to say but some religion they interprate the bible,the bible will interprate himself,i will give an example, you read in the bible ''BEWARE OF DOGS''

PHILIPPIANS 3:2
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Are you going to interprate who is that dogs that we have to be aware? no! you read it in the bible then ask also the bible who is that dogs that we have to be aware?

ISAIAH 56:11
Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

That is it, so, if you have a question regarding faith,salvation,belief,religion etc. i will answer you clearly written from the scripture in the bible, to god be the glory

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
In this world there is a lot of religion, if you want to know whos telling the truth? they are all reading the bible...
No... not all religions view the Bible as the one supreme religious or spiritual authority, and some don't use it all all.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I am a practicing Buddhist, for over 27 years now. The basis of my faith is proof of practice. When I perform my Buddhist practice regularly, the promised benefits are present in my life. When I do not perform my practice, the promised benefits are missing. Simple, really.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
In this world there is a lot of religion, if you want to know whos telling the truth? they are all reading the bible but they have deffirent beliefs, If i ask you one plus one? what ever country you come from it comes to one answer 1+1=2

My signature....? :rolleyes:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
There are 10 types of people...

Those who understand binary, and those who don't :D

On topic, my faith's major base is the Vati... oh, basis...

The basis of my faith is direct experience with the being I worship as God ;) :D

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
My beliefs are always changing, with new foundations being added all the time, while old unused ones are removed. (such as giving names and faces to the gods)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
In this world there is a lot of religion, if you want to know whos telling the truth? they are all reading the bible but they have deffirent beliefs, If i ask you one plus one? what ever country you come from it comes to one answer 1+1=2 why two? because we have our bases mathematics,now in faith we have dissame bible but we have deffirent beliefs,why? because of the interpratation,if you will read the bible and you dont know the meaning on it,do not go to dictionary to find it, beacause bible interprate himself

ISAIAH 34:16
Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
See? you have to read and seek out of the book of the lord and no one of these shal fail,none shall want her mate,for his mouth it hath commanded,and his spirit it hath gathered them
but i am sorry to say but some religion they interprate the bible,the bible will interprate himself,i will give an example, you read in the bible ''BEWARE OF DOGS''

You do know that Isaiah here wasn't talking about the entire library into which his book was put, right? He was talking about the Torah: the Five Books of Moses.

Last edited:

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
My religion is based on myself, that is it is my own spiritual path that I carve throughout my journey towards harmony. As for the bible, I do derive wisdom from it as I derive wisdom from all scripture and religious texts(as well as non-religious), but I don't take it as authoritative any more than I do any of the other books.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Basis of my faith: Love!
1. Love God
2. Love my neighbors
3. Love my brothers and sisters
4. Love my enemies
In short, love all mankind. A hard task, particularly for 4.

Last edited: